|Stefania LaVie Owen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||December 15, 1997|
Stefania LaVie Owen is an American actress and dancer who is known for having been cast as Puddle Kadubic in the comedy series, Running Wilde, and as Dorrit Bradshaw in the teen comedy-drama television series, The Carrie Diaries. She also gained fame by appearing in a lead role in the TV mystery drama series, Chance. Moreover, Stefania LaVie Owen has also appeared in a number of other shows and movies such as The Lovely Bones, Home Game, Last Call with Carson Daly, Coming Through the Rye, All We Had, Krampus, I’m Dying Up Here, The Beach Bum, and The Cat and the Moon. Growing up in Pauatahanui, Wellington alongside her sisters, she shares a close bond with her family. Stefania LaVie Owen has also garnered a huge social media fan base with more than 100k followers on Instagram and more than 50k followers on Twitter.
Stefania LaVie Owen
Miami, Florida, United States
Stefania LaVie Owen divides her time between –
- New York City, New York, United States
- Wellington, New Zealand
Stefania LaVie Owen studied at Pauatahanui School and was rewarded for her skills in the performing arts. Later, she went on to study at Chilton Saint James School which is an all-girls private school located in Lower Hutt, Wellington, New Zealand. Moreover, Stefania LaVie Owen has also taken dance lessons.
- Father – Mark Owen
- Mother – Margarita Owen (Dance Teacher)
- Siblings – Lolo Owen (Younger Sister) (Actress), Carly Owen (Older Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Roberto Martin Dosal Dominquez (Maternal Grandfather), Martin Francisco Dosal Quijano (Maternal Great Grandfather), Martin Dosal Martinez (Maternal Great Great Grandfather), Carolina Quijano Alvarez (Maternal Great Great Grandmother), Zoila Dominguez (Maternal Great Grandmother), Margarita Gonzalez-Chavez Arias (Maternal Grandmother), Camilo Saturnino Gonzalez-Chavez y Acosta (Maternal Great Grandfather), Jose Francisco Gonzalez-Chavez Bombalier (Maternal Great Great Grandfather), Camila Acosta Roque de Escobar (Maternal Great Great Grandmother), Raquel Arias Llorens (Maternal Great Grandmother), Manuel Arias Diaz (Maternal Great Great Grandfather), Bárbara Llorens y Meyreles (Maternal Great Great Grandmother)
Stefania LaVie Owen is managed by Paradigm Talent Agency, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles County, California, United States.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Hispanic and White)
Stefania LaVie Owen is of Cuban and Spanish descent on her mother’s side.
- High cheekbones
- Freckled face
- Charming smile
- Curly hair
Stefania LaVie Owen has appeared in a TV commercial for Healthy Eating.
Best Known For
- Having been cast as Puddle Kadubic in the comedy series, Running Wilde, in which she was cast in a lead role alongside actors Will Arnett, Keri Russell, Mel Rodriguez, Robert Michael Morris, and Peter Serafinowicz
- Playing the role of Dorrit Bradshaw in the teen comedy-drama television series, The Carrie Diaries (2013-2014), in which she starred alongside AnnaSophia Robb, Austin Butler, Ellen Wong, Katie Findlay, Brendan Dooling, Chloe Bridges, Freema Agyeman, Matt Letscher, and Lindsey Gort
- Appearing in the lead role of Nicole Chance in the TV mystery drama thriller series, Chance (2016-2017), which also starred actors Hugh Laurie, Ethan Suplee, Greta Lee, Clarke Peters, and Diane Farr
Stefania LaVie Owen made her first theatrical film appearance as Flora Hernandez (credited as Stefania Owen) in the supernatural fantasy thriller drama film, The Lovely Bones, in 2009. Directed by Peter Jackson, the film starred the likes of Mark Wahlberg, Rachel Weisz, Susan Sarandon, Stanley Tucci, Michael Imperioli, and Saoirse Ronan.
First TV Show
Stefania LaVie Owen made her first TV show appearance by playing the role of Puddle Kadubic in an episode of the comedy series, Running Wilde, in 2010. She starred on the show along with the likes of Will Arnett, Keri Russell, Mel Rodriguez, Robert Michael Morris, and Peter Serafinowicz.
Stefania LaVie Owen stays fit by leading an active life.
Stefania LaVie Owen Favorite Things
- City In The World – New York
- One Of Her Favorite Books – Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Source – HuffPost, SpiritAndFleshMag.com
Stefania LaVie Owen Facts
- Her father hails from New Zealand.
- When she was 4 years old, Stefania LaVie Owen’s family moved from Miami, Florida to Pauatahanui which is a village located in the North Island and is 30 km north of Wellington, New Zealand.
- Her family has always supported her in her career pursuits and she counts her sisters as her best friends.
- Her winning the cup for performing arts at Pauatahanui School somewhat initiated her journey of becoming an actress.
- Stefania LaVie Owen’s sisters, Lolo and Carly, also studied at Chilton Saint James School.
- During her younger years, she took part in a lot of school productions.
- She was cast as Amanda Robbins, the estranged daughter of Melissa Leo’s character who reenters her life after running away at the age of 17, in the comedy-drama television series, I’m Dying Up Here (2018).
- Stefania LaVie Owen has also been cast in a variety of roles in several movies such as Charlotte in Home Game, Deedee in Coming Through the Rye, Beth in Krampus, Ruthie Carmichael in All We Had, and Heather in The Beach Bum.
- Before having been cast in the coming-of-age drama film, Coming Through the Rye (2015), which is a story about two teenagers who set out to find author J. D. Salinger, she had neither heard about the author nor had read any of his work.
- Stefania LaVie Owen also auditioned for the role of Christine in the horror mystery thriller film, The Conjuring (2013). However, the part later went to actress Joey King.
- She holds dual citizenship of both the United States as well as New Zealand.
- Growing up, she was obsessed with Barney the dinosaur.
- In 2019, Stefania LaVie Owen appeared in an episode of the late-night television program, Last Call with Carson Daly.
- She has said in an interview that she is a bit indecisive.
- Follow Stefania LaVie Owen on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Stefania LaVie Owen / Instagram