|Greta Lee Quick Info
|5 ft 5 in
|Date of Birth
|March 7, 1983
Greta Lee is an American actor, voice actor, stage artist, writer, and producer who is known for playing Maxine in the Netflix comedy-drama series Russian Doll, Nora in the romantic drama film Past Lives, Stella Bak in the drama television series The Morning Show, Ruby in the Fox mystery science fiction series Wayward Pines, Hae-Won Chan in the comedy film Sisters, Lucy Baek in the psychological thriller mystery crime drama television series Chance, Heidi in the anthology comedy-drama series High Maintenance, Kai in the Fox sitcom New Girl, and Soojin in the comedy-drama television series Girls. In addition to that, she has also been a part of several other shows and movies including Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse, Fits and Starts, The Electric Company, Royal Pains, While We’re Young, Nurse Jackie, Inside Amy Schumer, Broad City, The Good Fight, At Home with Amy Sedaris, St. Vincent, Miracle Workers: Dark Ages, The Other Two, Hello I Must Be Going, Problemista, Bad Management, What We Do in the Shadows, Top Five, Hair Brained, Old Soul, Seriously Distracted, Sharing, The Twilight Zone, Above Average Presents, Good at Life, Mo Willems: Don’t Let the Pigeon Do Storytime!, The Cobbler, Money Monster, Gemini, In a Relationship, and Cabiria, Charity, Chastity.
Greta Jiehan Lee
Los Angeles, California, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Greta Lee studied at Harvard-Westlake School, an independent, co-educational university preparatory day school located in Los Angeles. After graduating high school, she got enrolled at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, and studied Communication and Theater.
Actor, Voice Actor, Stage Artist, Writer, Producer
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Greta Lee has dated –
- Russ Armstrong – She is married to Russ Armstrong and the duo has been blessed with 2 sons.
Race / Ethnicity
Greta Lee is of Korean descent.
Greta Lee Facts
- She was born to a Korean immigrant couple.
- She developed an interest in acting during her time at Harvard-Westlake School.
- After studying at Northwestern University, Greta shifted to New York City in order to pursue acting.
- She made her TV show debut as Heather Kim in an episode titled Taboo of the crime drama series Law & Order: Special Victims Unit in 2006.
- In 2012, Greta Lee made her first theatrical film appearance as a Gap employee in the comedy-drama film Hello I Must Be Going. The film’s lead cast included Melanie Lynskey, Christopher Abbott, Blythe Danner, and John Rubinstein.
- She brought to life the character of Hae Won in the 2015 comedy film Sisters, starring Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph, Ike Barinholtz, James Brolin, John Cena, John Leguizamo, and Dianne Wiest.
- Between 2017 and 2018, Greta Lee was seen as Amber Wood-Lutz (a young lawyer at a rival firm whose beaming smile obscures her sneaky tactics in court) in the legal political drama series The Good Fight.
- She provided vocals to the character of Lyla in the 2018 computer-animated superhero film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, the 1st animated film in the Spider-Man franchise.
- In 2019, Greta Lee started appearing as Maxine (Nadia’s friend who throws her 36th birthday party) in the mystery comedy-drama television series Russian Doll. Her co-stars for the project included Natasha Lyonne, Yul Vazquez, Elizabeth Ashley, Charlie Barnett, and Chloë Sevigny.
- She was cast as Ellen Jones in an episode titled You Might Also Like of the anthology television series The Twilight Zone in 2020.
- Greta Lee voiced the character of the Councilwoman in the 2021 computer-animated sports comedy film Rumble.
- Along with Julio Torres, Tilda Swinton, RZA, Isabella Rossellini, and Catalina Saavedra, Greta co-starred as Dalia in the 2023 comedy film Problemista.
Featured Image by Elena Ternovaja / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0