|Sydney Pollack Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||July 1, 1934|
|Date of Death||May 26, 2008|
Sydney Pollack was an American director, producer, and actor who became renowned by directing acclaimed films such as Tootsie (1982), Out of Africa (1985), They Shoot Horses, Don’t They? (1969), The Firm (1993), Jeremiah Johnson (1972), Three Days of the Condor (1975), Absence of Malice (1981), The Way We Were (1973), among others.
Sydney Irwin Pollack
He was born on July 1, 1934.
He passed away on May 26, 2008, from either pancreatic or stomach cancer at the age of 73 years in Los Angeles, California.
Lafayette, Indiana, United States
Director, Producer, Actor
- Father – David Pollack (Semi-professional Boxer, Pharmacist)
- Mother – Rebecca Miller (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Bernie Pollack (Brother)
At the time of his death, Sydney Pollack’s net worth was $18 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft or 183 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sydney Pollack had dated –
- Claire Bradley Griswold (1957-2008) – The Michael Clayton (2007) actor was happily married to Claire Bradley Griswold from September 22, 1958, until his death on May 26, 2008. Together, the couple had raised 3 children – son Steven Pollack (February 7, 1959–November 1993), and daughters Rebecca Pollack (b. November 4, 1963), and Rachel Pollack (b. January 4, 1969).
Race / Ethnicity
He had Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
However, his hair had turned ‘Gray’ by the time of his death.
Green (with slight Brown)
Sydney Pollack Favorite Things
- Movies – Casablanca (1942), Citizen Kane (1941), The Conformist (1970), The Godfather Part II (1974), The Grand Illusion (1937), The Leopard (1963), Once Upon a Time in America (1984), Raging Bull (1980), The Seventh Seal (1957), Sunset Boulevard (1950)
Source – Wikipedia
Sydney Pollack Facts
Featured Image by Arthur / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 2.0