|Tony Jaa Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7¾ in|
|Date of Birth||February 5, 1976|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Tony Jaa is a Thai martial artist, actor, action choreographer, stuntperson, director, traceur, and producer. He has been cast in various movies such as Ong-Bak: Muay Thai Warrior, The Bodyguard, Tom-Yum-Goong, The Bodyguard 2, Ong Bak 2, Ong Bak 3, Tom Yum Goong 2, Skin Trade, Paradox, Furious 7, SPL II: A Time For Consequences, Kill Zone 2, Never Back Down: No Surrender, XXX: Return of Xander Cage, Gong Shou Dao, Master Z: Ip Man Legacy, Triple Threat, Jiu Jitsu, Monster Hunter, Detective Chinatown 3, Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, and Nuk leng klong yao.
จา พนม (Native Name), Jaa Phanom, Phanom Yeerum, Japanom Yeerum, Thatchakon Yiram, Tatchakorn Yeerum, Panom Worawit
Tony Jaa studied at Maha Sarakham College of Physical Education in Maha Sarakham Province and graduated with a bachelor’s degree.
Martial Artist, Actor, Action Choreographer, Stuntperson, Director, Traceur, Producer
- Father – Thongdee Yeerum
- Mother – Rin (Saipetch)
Tony Jaa has been signed with The Gersh Agency, Inc., Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth has been $10 Million.
5 ft 7¾ in or 172 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tony Jaa has dated –
- Piyarat Chotiwattananont (2012-Present) – On May 3, 2012, he got married to Piyarat Chotiwattananont and the duo has been blessed with 2 daughters named Hataipavee Yeerum and Narinrat Yeerum.
Race / Ethnicity
Tony Jaa is of Kuy (a Mon-Khmer ethnic group that inhabits Thailand, Cambodia, and Laos) descent.
- Performs stunts without any use of wires or CGI
- His unique fighting style which mixes speed, agility, and fluid movements with brutal strength and devastating attacks
He became a Buddhist monk at a Buddhist temple in Surin, Thailand on May 28, 2010.
Tony Jaa Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in Surin, Thailand.
- He was inspired to learn martial arts in his youth after watching the film of Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, and Jet Li at temple fairs. In a 2004 interview with Time, Tony Jaa said, “What they [Lee, Chan, and Li] did was so beautiful, so heroic that I wanted to do it too,” adding, “I practiced until I could do the move exactly as I had seen the masters do it.”
- When he was 10 years old, Tony Jaa started practicing Muay Thai at his local temple.
- He became a protégé of stuntperson and action film director Panna Rittikrai when Tony was 15 years of age.
- In 2003, he co-starred as Ting in the martial arts film Ong-Bak: Muay Thai Warrior. This role won him the Star Entertainment Award for “Actor in Leading Role of the Year” while he was also nominated for a Suphannahong National Film Award for “Best Actor” and an Online Film Critics Society Award for “Best Breakthrough Performance”.
- Tony Jaa brought to life the character of Kham in the 2005 martial arts action film Tom-Yum-Goong and this earned him the “Honorary Award” at the Suphannahong National Film Awards in 2005.
- He provided vocals to the character of Kham in the video game Tom Yum Goong: The game in 2005.
- Alongside Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, Jordana Brewster, Djimon Hounsou, Ronda Rousey, Nathalie Emmanuel, Kurt Russell, and Jason Statham, Tony Jaa co-starred as Kiet (a member of Jakande’s team who possesses great agility, athleticism, and fighting prowess) in the 2015 action film Furious 7 (also known as Fast & Furious 7).
- He has a Black belt in Taekwondo and a Black belt in Wushu.
- Tony Jaa is multilingual and speaks Kuy, Thai, and Northern Khmer.
Featured Image by Colin Geddes / Flickr / CC BY 2.0