|Trai Byers Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 19, 1983|
Trai Byers is an American actor, writer, and producer who is best known for appearing as Andre Lyon in the Fox series Empire (2015-2020). He has also been cast in other shows and movies like Selma, All My Children, Destination Planet Negro, 90210, Caesar and Otto’s Summer Camp Massacre, Jayhawkers, The 24th, and Bent.
Kansas City, Kansas, United States
Trai Byers studied for a year in a high school in Kansas City and then finished his high-school education in Georgia. Later, he got enrolled at Andrew College, a private liberal arts college in Cuthbert, Georgia, and graduated with an associate degree in Theater.
He also received a bachelor’s degree in communications from the University of Kansas. Afterward, he attended the American Musical and Dramatic Academy in Los Angeles and the Yale School of Drama.
Actor, Writer, Producer
Trai Byers has been signed with United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $1.5 Million.
6 ft 1½ in or 186.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Trai Byers has dated –
- Grace Gealey (2014-Present) – In the year 2014, he started going out with Caymanian-American actress Grace Byers. The duo has co-starred in the Fox musical drama series titled Empire. Grace Gealey then confirmed that they were engaged during the October 7, 2015, episode of the daytime talk show, FABLife. On April 14, 2016, Trai and Grace married on Grand Cayman Island.
Race / Ethnicity
Trai Byers Facts
- He made his first film appearance by playing the role of Chip in Caesar and Otto’s Summer Camp Massacre, a 2009 comedy-horror film and spoof of the Sleepaway Camp film series.
- In 2011, Trai Byers was cast in the recurring role of Mookie in the ABC soap opera, All My Children.
- For his work in Empire, he has received many nominations including the 17th Teen Choice Award for “Choice TV: Scene Stealer” and the 48th NAACP Image Award for “Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series”.
- Trai Byers portrayed the character of James Forman, a prominent African-American leader in the civil rights movement, in the 2014 historical drama film named Selma. The film is based on the 1965 Selma to Montgomery voting rights marches and stars David Oyelowo, Tom Wilkinson, Carmen Ejogo, Giovanni Ribisi, Alessandro Nivola, Cuba Gooding Jr., Tim Roth, and Oprah Winfrey.
- He has been friends with actor Dulé Hill.
Featured Image by iDominick / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0