|Yuna Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||November 14, 1986|
|Spouse||Adam Sinclair |
Yuna is a Malaysian singer and songwriter who garnered international fame with her collaboration with American singer-songwriter Usher on her breakout single Crush. The song peaked at number 3 on the US Billboard Adult R&B chart.
Yunalis binti Mat Zara’ai
Utan Aji, Perlis, Malaysia
Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Yuna studied at SMK USJ 4 Subang Jaya, Selangor and SMK Derma, Kangar, Perlis and SMK USJ 4, Subang Jaya, Selangor. Later, she enrolled at the Universiti Teknologi MARA in Shah Alam, graduating in 2009, with a Bachelor of Legal Studies (Hons.) degree.
- Father – Dato’ Mat Zara’ai (Legal Advisor)
- Mother – Her mother is a high school teacher.
- Others – Aishah Sinclair (Sister-In-Law) (Actress, Presenter), Ashraf Sinclair (Brother-In-Law) (Actor)
Yuna is represented by Nor Zaina “Cheq Wawa” Wardah, Ben Willis, and Didi Ramlan.
Yuna has released her music with various labels including Yuna Room, Indie-Pop, Fader Label, Verve, Kamar Seni, and Independent Co.
5 ft 7½ in or 171 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Yuna has dated –
- Adam Sinclair – Yuna tied the knot with Adam Sinclair in 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Malay and Bugis descent.
She possesses a light lyric soprano voice.
Yuna has appeared in commercials for several brands such as –
- Prospecs Shoes
Yuna Favorite Things
- Clothes To Wear While Traveling – An Isabel Marant Tyrony Logo Cap and the Opening Ceremony Crinkle Nylon Wind Jacket Purple
- Song By BLACKPINK – “Stay” (2016)
- She was brought up in Subang Jaya, Selangor, and Kangar, Perlis.
- Growing up, she listened to The Cardigans, Fiona Apple, and Garbage.
- Yuna began taking an interest in songwriting at the age of 14 and performing at the age of 19.
- She learned to play the guitar during her teenage years.
- Yuna released her debut self-named studio album on April 24, 2012.
- From 2010 to 2015, she was considered Malaysia’s 2nd Most Popular Female Singer.
- Yuna revealed in a statement in March 2018, on Twitter that for the past six months, she had been a victim of s*xual harassment and also stated that the person in concern had been sending threatening comments on Instagram.
- The earliest post that Yuna uploaded to her Instagram account was on May 14, 2021.
- She has described her music as a cross between Mary Poppins and Coldplay.
- Yuna considers her greatest influencers to be Coldplay, Bob Dylan, and Feist. It was her father who introduced the groups to her.
- Over the years, Yuna has collaborated with various well-known fellow music artists including Usher, Tyler, the Creator, Epik High, G-Eazy, Jay Park, Jhené Aiko, KYLE, Little Simz, and MIYAVI.
- She is the co-owner of the clothing store IAMJETFUEL, in Subang Jaya, Selangor.
- Yuna has released several studio albums such as Nocturnal (2013), Chapters (2016), Rouge (2019), and Y5 (2022).
Featured Image By Yuna / Instagram