Sonam Anil Kapoor
Chembur Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Sonam attended Arya Vidya Mandir school in Juhu and then enrolled in the United World College of South East Asia to do her International Baccalaureate. She also studied Political Science and Economics from University of East London.
Actress and Fashion Icon
5 ft 9½ in or 177 cm
57 kg or 126 pounds
Sonam Kapoor was reported to be dating Ranbir Kapoor (During the filming of both Sonam and Ranbir’s debut film) in 2007. But, they both denied this fact.
Later in 2010, she was seen dating with “I Hate Luv Storys” director Punit Malhotra. They again denied this fact but were continued to be seen. At present, Sonam says that she is single.
Race / Ethnicity
35-25-34 in or 89-63.5-87 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
Best Known For
Acting in movies like Delhi -6, Saawariya and I Hate Luv Storys.
2007 Hindi film Saawariya for her role as Sakina. She was nominated for Filmfare award for best female debut.
First TV Show
She has not done any TV show. But, has came to TV only via talk show. In 2010, she appeared on Koffee With Karan with actress Deepika Padukone.
Sonam did a lot of workout to get back in shape. She was around 80 kg, when offered a role in Saawariya. She gives all the credit to her mom for making her to lose weight. Her mom, Sunita made a strict diet plan for her loving daughter Sonam. No, she mainly takes low carbohydrate and high protein diet. She takes 5 meals a day. It is like
Breakfast – Oatmeal and fruits
Noon snack – Brown bread with egg whites and protein shake
Lunch – Dal, vegetables, roti and grilled chicken or fish
Evening Snack – Brown bread with egg whites
Dinner – Soup, salad, grilled chicken or fish
For hunger pangs, she keeps with her some fruits.
Sonam Kapoor Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Chaat
- Favorite Book – Emma (By Jane Austen published in 1815), Atlas Shrugged (By Ayn Rand published in 1957)
- Favorite Movies – Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), Virasat (1997), Lamhe (1991), Pukar (2000), Devdas (2002), Titanic (1997)
- Favorite Actor – Anil Kapoor
- Favorite Actress – Sridevi, Rani Mukherjee, Madhuri Dixit, Kajol
- Favorite Director – Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Favorite Songs – Jab Koi Baat Bigad Jaye, Raat Kali Ek Khwab Mein aaye
- Favorite Band – Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- Favorite Brands – Chanel, Jean Paul Gaultier, and Dior
Sonam Kapoor Facts
- Sonam is a well trained classical dancer.
- Sonam Kapoor is the eldest daughter of Anil Kapoor (father) and Sunita Kapoor (mother).
- Sonam Kapoor worked as assistant director for movie Black (2005) directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
- Sonam Kapoor used to weigh around 90 kgs before her first film Saawariya.
- Sonam Kapoor wanted to be director and writer. But, Bhansali showed much interest of launching Sonam in his film (Saawariya) as an actress.
- She enjoys reading, shopping, writing, playing squash and basketball, video-games and painting.
- She can speak Hindi, English, Punjabi, Urdu, Sindhi and Marathi.
- In 2012, she won Cosmopolitan award for fun fearless female best dressed.
- She has 2 siblings, both younger – Rhea Kapoor (sister) and Harshvardhan Kapoor (Brother)
- Her first box office hit was “I Hate Luv Storys” in 2010, which earned around 40 crore (US$ 7.24 million).