|Carmen Kass Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10½ in|
|Date of Birth||September 14, 1978|
Carmen Kass is an Estonian model and former political candidate who became one of the two models (the other one being Gisele Bündchen) who were declared the two supermodels of the era in the American edition of Vogue‘s January 2000 cover. Her modeling credits include having worked with brands and designers like Michael Kors, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Donna Karan, Dolce & Gabbana, Victoria’s Secret, Narciso Rodriguez, Gucci, Christian Dior, Marc Jacobs, Givenchy, Giorgio Armani, Dsquared2, Versace, Valentino, Fendi, Max Mara, Balmain, Yves Saint Laurent, Chanel, Emanuel Ungaro, Lanvin, Armani Prive, Alexander McQueen, Comme des Garçons, Chloé, Gianfranco Ferré, Sportmax, Sonia Rykiel, Trussardi, Alberta Ferretti, Versus, Yohji Yamamoto, Moschino, Nicole Miller, Prada, Oscar de la Renta, Tommy Hilfiger, Anna Sui, Jill Stuart, DKNY, Loewe, Carolina Herrera, and Celine. Moreover, she ran for the European Parliament in 2004.
The model took acting classes at Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in Manhattan, New York City.
She also went to the Estonian Business School in Tallinn.
Fashion / Runway Model, Politician
- Father – Viktor Kass (Chess teacher in Põlva)
- Mother – Koidu Põder
- Siblings – Victoria De Luna (Older Sister), Kutty Kass (Older Brother) (Involved in Real Estate)
Carmen Kass has been signed to these modeling agencies –
- TESS Management – London
- Women Management – New York
- Silent Models – Paris
- MGM Models – Dusseldorf
- Mega Model Agency – Hamburg / Berlin
- Wiener Models – Vienna
- MC2 Model Management – Tel Aviv
- Mega Model Management – Miami
- Surge Model Management – Tokyo
- Elite Model Management – Copenhagen
- Uno Models – Barcelona / Madrid
- Brave Model Management – Milan
- VN Model Management – Greece
- Artform – Tel Aviv
- MIKAs – Stockholm
- Allure Agency – Sao Paulo
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Carmen Kass has dated –
- Richard Akiva (1998-2004) – Carmen met restaurant owner Richie Akiva in 1998 and dated him until 2004.
- Eric Lobron (2004-2014) – German chess player of American descent, Eric Lobron started dating Carmen in late 2004. The duo reportedly called it quits in the year 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
Carmen Kass is of Estonian descent.
34-24-34 in or 87-61-87 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU) or 6 (UK)
Carmen Kass appeared in advertisements for numerous brands and designers such as Ahlens, American Legend, Bedat & Co., Bruuns Bazaar, Byblos, Calvin Klein, Celine, Chanel, Chanel Le Sac, Chloé, Christian Dior, Christian Dior ‘J’Adore’ fragrance, Donna Karan, DSquared2, Elle Sport, Emanuel Ungaro, Emilio Pucci, Et Vous, Fendi, Fendi eyewear, Gap, General Motors, Givenchy, Gucci, Guy Laroche, ICB, Îpekyol, J Mendel, Jones New York, Just Cavalli, Kenzo, Krizia, Les Copains, Liz Claiborne, Mango, MaxMara, Max Factor, Mercedes, Michaa, Michael Kors, Michael Kors ‘Island Capri’ fragrance, Michael Kors Resort, Michael Kors ‘Very Hollywood’ fragrance, MOGA, Narciso Rodriguez, Neiman Marcus, Nine Six, Nine West, Omega, Pedro del Hierro, Peek & Cloppenburg, Pinko, Plein Sud, Pomellato, Ralph Lauren, Revlon, Saks Fifth Avenue, Salvatore Ferragamo, Samsung, Sephora, Sun G’, Swarovski, Target, Time, Tommy Hilfiger, Valentino, Valentino Couture, Versace, Victoria’s Secret, and Yves Saint Laurent.
Best Known For
Her campaigns with Revlon, YSL, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, and Donna Karan.
First Fashion Show
Kass debuted with Haute Couture – Autumn / Winter 1997 fashion show where she walked the ramp for Chanel, Emanuel Ungaro, and Valentino.
She appeared in the 2001 comedy film Zoolander in her role as Carmen Kass.
Later, in 2002 she appeared in “Welcome to America,” played a lead role as Alis in the 2004 film “Set Point,” and then appeared in the 2004 film “Point&Shoot.”
First TV Show
In 2007, she guest appeared in the Spanish TV series Corazón de… as herself in an episode dated April 4, 2007.
Carmen Kass Facts
- She was born in Tallinn, but raised in Mäo village, near Paide, the capital of Järva County. Carmen was raised only by her mother, just like her other siblings.
- At the age of 18, Carmen went to Paris for modeling and to gain exposure.
- In 2008, Carmen started an SMS loan company in Estonia called Credit Market, which couldn’t exist for a longer duration as it ran into financial difficulties.
- She enjoys playing chess. Her dad is also a chess teacher.
- Carmen also takes interest in politics. She, in February 2004, joined Estonia’s ruling party, Res Publica Party.
- Kass is friends with fellow models Angela Lindvall, Ann Catherine Lacroix, Colette Pechekhonova, Carolyn Murphy, Daria Werbowy, Erin Wasson, Karolina Kurkova, Luke Worrall, Natalia Vodianova, Oluchi Onweagba, and Yasmin Warsame.
- Kass was discovered in 1992 by an Italian modeling agency in a supermarket in her hometown. She was 14 at that time.
- Carmen appeared in the 2001 Pirelli calendar as a month December.
- In 2000, she won the Vogue / VH1 Model of the Year Award.
- She is also a part-owner of Baltic Models.
- She has appeared on the covers of various magazines like Harper’s Bazaar Spain, Harper’s Bazaar Japan, Vogue Greece, Harper’s Bazaar Turkey, Harper’s Bazaar Korea, Harper’s Bazaar Mexico, Marie Claire Italy, Harper’s Bazaar Chile, Glass UK, Vogue Ukraine, Grazia Italy, Vogue Mexico, Elle Portugal, Allure Korea, Elle Spain, Harper’s Bazaar Singapore, L’Officiel Singapore, and Vogue Russia.
- Carmen is close friends with the Brazilian model, Gisele Bündchen.
- Carmen’s sister Victor De Luna is married to singer Joel De Luna.
- Carmen has a toy fox terrier named Spanky.
- She first appeared in Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in 1999. She, in fact, opened and closed the show. Later, she walked in the years 2000, 2002, 2003, and 2008.