|Charlamagne tha God Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||June 29, 1980|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Charlamagne Tha God, Charlamagne The God
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Charlamagne tha God has revealed in his interview that he attended a night school.
Radio presenter and television personality
- Father – Larry Thomas McKelvey
- Siblings – Alesha Renee (Sister) (Actress)
Charlamagne Tha God is represented by Geoff “Geespin” Gamere of United Talent Agency.
Hip hop, rap, pop
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Charlamagne is a married man. However, over the years, he has refused to reveal the identity of his wife as he is fiercely protective of his private life. Though he has been with his wife since his high school days. He reportedly got married to her in September 2014.
In his 2017 interview with Xo Necole, he revealed that he decided to get married after his first daughter asked him why her mother didn’t have the same name as her father. His first daughter was 7 years old and the second was 4 months old at the time of interview. He has refrained from naming his daughters in the media and has expressed his distaste in raising children on social media.
Race / Ethnicity
- Bald Head
- Blunt and straightforward hosting and interviewing style
Charlamagne has appeared in a TV commercial for the Champs Sports x Adidas Originals. He was cast alongside professional basketball player Eric Gordon in the advert.
Best Known For
- Being one of the hosts of the popular radio show, The Breakfast Club.
- Having grilled leading celebrities such as Kanye West and Jay-Z in his blunt and brutally honest interviews.
In August 2008, Charlamagne Tha God released his debut studio album, South Crack.
In 2017, he made his theatrical film debut in a supporting role in the comedy movie, Grow House.
First TV Show
In 2011, Charlamagne made his first TV show appearance in the reality comedy series, Guy Code.
Charlamagne usually starts his workout routine with cardio. For his cardio sessions, he loves to work out on the elliptical machine.
The cardio is followed by strengthening and muscle building session in which he likes to go for a one body part per workout session. For every body part strengthening workout, he likes to perform overall 7 sets spread over various exercises.
Charlamagne Tha God Favorite Things
- Rappers – Nas, Ghostface Killah, Jay-Z, Young Jeezy, T.I., Scarface, and Killer Mike
- New Yorker – Jay-Z
- New York Restaurant – Beauty & Essex
- Drink – Rémy Martin
- Medication – Alcohol
Source – Twitter.com, NY Mag
Charlamagne Tha God Facts
- The origin of his moniker Charlamagne Tha God lies in his old nickname Charles, which he used to use while selling crack as he didn’t want his customers to know his real name.
- He decided to use Charlamagne Tha God after he had read about “Charlemagne” in history class, which means Charles the Great in French. He added “Tha God” because it sounded cool.
- In his early days, he once got involved in a shooting, while sitting in the back seat of the car. Although no one got killed in the shootout, he was arrested with others.
- He once got arrested for distributing cocaine. While on another occasion, he was pulled up by police authorities for possession of marijuana with an intent of selling it.
- Once his father was also thrown in jail with him as the authorities believed they were drug kingpins. Although Charlamagne was guilty, his father was completely innocent.
- Shortly after his third arrest and stay at the jail in South Carolina, he decided to change his ways and get away from the wrong crowd. He got in a night school and also became an intern at local radio station.
- Very early in his career, he used to record his interviews and send to popular websites such as SOHH.com and All Hip-Hop (themaven.net/allhiphop) to get more exposure.
- He was discovered after popular radio host Wendy Williams roped him as her co-host. However, for around a year and a half, he didn’t get a paycheck but they did give him a place to live.
- Although Wendy gave him his break and served as his mentor, their relationship has got so estranged over the years that she even refuses to recognize him in conversations with others.
- Before he got into radio, he used to work at Taco Bell in a local mall. He also took up the telemarketing job.
- In his early days as a radio host, he was fired on 4 occasions.
- In his younger days, he wanted to become a rapper and in fact, he had got a tattoo of a Wolverine holding microphone on his arm in a nod towards his dream career.
- In 2017, he published his book Black Privilege. The book was at the 7th position in New York Times list of best-selling hardback nonfiction in May 2017.
- In August 2017, the popular Rolling Stones magazine issued a full apology to Charlamagne after having wrongly insinuating in their article headline that he had made transphobic comments in his show. Instead, it was his co-host, Lil Duval who was guilty of making such comments.