Grindon, Stockton-on-Tees, England
From the age of 9 to 18, Charlotte went to Teesside High School in Eaglescliffe, Stockton-on-Tees.
From 2000 to 2003, Charlotte attended St Cuthbert’s, Durham University to earn a degree in English and Linguistics. She also performed with Durham Revue in several plays.
From 2005 to 2007, she was enrolled into London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA).
- Father – Michael Riley
- Mother – Margaret Riley
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Charlotte Riley started dating English actor Tom Hardy in July 2009 after working with him in The Take and TV movie Wuthering Heights. They got engaged later in the year 2009 and the wedding took place in July 2014. It was a private ceremony with close friends and family members.
Riley has a stepson Louis Thomas Hardy, born in 2008. He is the son of Tom and Rachael Speed.
Race / Ethnicity
34-23-34 in or 87-58.5-87 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
She has appeared in the Mattessons Fridge Raiders commercial.
Best Known For
Playing Sarah Hurst in 2008 rom-com film Easy Virtue and as Catherine Earnshaw in ITV’s adaptation of Wuthering Heights, a TV movie released in 2009.
Riley appeared in the 2008 short film Survey No. 257 for her role as Emma.
First TV Show
In 2007, Charlotte guest appeared in BBC Three sitcom Grownups for her role as Chloe in an episode entitled “Send.”
There were a total of 22 episodes broadcasted in three years (from 2006 to 2009) in the three seasons of this show.
Charlotte Riley Facts
- She once wrote the play “Shaking Cecelia” and performed it at the Edinburgh Festival in 2004. She then won the Sunday Times Playwriting Award.
- In 2008, at Chichester Festival Theatre, she played “Anya” in Anton Chekhov’s “The Cherry Orchard.”
- She developed a fear from dogs after she got bitten at the age of 2.
- She shares her birthday with actors Jude Law, Mekhi Phifer, and Jon Voight.
- She likes vintage fashion.
- In her free time, she does painting and singing.
- She is a part-time singer and even formed the band Flirtinis, who had sang for The Jive Aces in the past.
- She is not a fan of emailing, skyping or even texting. She communicates with her loved ones by writing letters.
- For the 2012 film The Dark Knight Rises, she was initially considered for the role of Selina Kyle / Catwoman. But, finally, she got replaced by Anne Hathaway.
- Her hubby Tom Hardy has a pet dog (golden pooch) named Woodstock.
- She is not on Twitter.