|Charlotte Riley Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 29, 1981|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Charlotte Riley is an English actor and producer who is known for playing Caris in the 8-episode television miniseries World Without End, Lucy Payne in the television crime drama series DCI Banks, Juliette Wagstaffe in the crime drama television series Dark Heart, Lottie/Ghost of Christmas Present in the dark fantasy drama miniseries A Christmas Carol, May Fitz Carleton in the crime drama series Peaky Blinders, and Holly Evans in the 6-part TV drama series Press. In addition to that, her film credits include Easy Virtue, Entity, In the Heart of the Sea, Edge of Tomorrow, London Has Fallen, King Charles III, and Swimming with Men.
Charlotte Frances Riley
Grindon, Stockton-on-Tees, England, United Kingdom
From the age of 9 to 18, Charlotte went to Teesside High School in Eaglescliffe, Stockton-on-Tees.
From 2000 to 2003, Charlotte attended St Cuthbert’s, Durham University to earn a degree in English and Linguistics. She also performed with Durham Revue in several plays.
From 2005 to 2007, she was enrolled at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA).
- Father – Michael Riley
- Mother – Margaret Riley
Charlotte Riley has been signed with Conway Van Gelder Grant Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
Her net worth has been $8 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Charlotte Riley has dated –
- Tom Hardy (2009-Present) – Charlotte Riley started dating English actor Tom Hardy in July 2009 after working with him in The Take and the TV movie Wuthering Heights. They got engaged later in the year 2009 and the wedding took place in July 2014. It was a private ceremony with close friends and family members. Riley has a stepson Louis Thomas Hardy, born in 2008. He is the son of Tom and Rachael Speed. Riley and Tom parent 2 sons – Leo Hardy (b. October 2015) and Forrest Hardy (b. December 2018). Their 2nd son is named after one of Tom Hardy’s favorite characters “Forrest Gump”.
Race / Ethnicity
Charlotte Riley is of English and/or Irish descent.
34-23-34 in or 87-58.5-87 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
6 (US) or 3.5 (UK) or 36.5 (EU)
She has appeared in the Mattessons Fridge Raiders commercial.
Best Known For
Playing Sarah Hurst in the 2008 rom-com film Easy Virtue and Catherine Earnshaw in ITV’s adaptation of Wuthering Heights, a TV movie released in 2009.
Riley appeared in the 2008 short film Survey No. 257 for her role as Emma.
First TV Show
In 2007, Charlotte guest appeared in BBC Three sitcom Grownups for her role as Chloe in an episode entitled “Send.”
There were a total of 22 episodes broadcasted in three years (from 2006 to 2009) in the three seasons of this show.
Charlotte Riley Facts
- She once wrote the play “Shaking Cecelia” and performed it at the Edinburgh Festival in 2004. She then won the Sunday Times Playwriting Award.
- In 2008, at Chichester Festival Theatre, she played “Anya” in Anton Chekhov’s “The Cherry Orchard.”
- She developed a fear of dogs after she got bitten at the age of 2.
- She shares her birthday with actors Jude Law, Mekhi Phifer, and Jon Voight.
- She likes vintage fashion.
- In her free time, she enjoys painting and singing.
- She is a part-time singer and even formed the band Flirtinis, who had sang for The Jive Aces in the past.
- She is not a fan of emailing, skyping, or even texting. She communicates with her loved ones by writing letters.
- For the 2012 film The Dark Knight Rises, she was initially considered for the role of Selina Kyle / Catwoman. But, finally, she got replaced by Anne Hathaway.
- Alongside the likes of Cynthia Nixon, Tom Weston-Jones, and others, she co-starred as Caris Wooler in the 2012 television historical drama miniseries World Without End. This performance got Riley nominated for a Saturn Award in the “Best Actress on Television” category.
- Between 2014 and 2017, she was cast in the recurring role of May Fitz Carleton (a wealthy widow who owns racehorses) in the historical fiction crime drama television series Peaky Blinders.
- She brought to life the character of Peggy Chase in the 2015 historical adventure-drama film In the Heart of the Sea, starring Chris Hemsworth, Benjamin Walker, Cillian Murphy, Tom Holland, Ben Whishaw, and Brendan Gleeson.
- Her hubby Tom Hardy has a pet dog (golden pooch) named Woodstock.
- She is not on Twitter.