|Chris Parnell Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||February 5, 1967|
Chris Parnell is an American actor, voice artist, writer, and comedian who worked as a cast member on Saturday Night Live from 1998 to 2006, appearing in numerous sketches, and commercial parodies, and performed impressions of various celebrities. Moreover, he has also been cast in on-screen roles like Dr. Leo Spaceman in 30 Rock, Chris Henkel in Big Lake, Bill in The Five-Year Engagement, Officer Dennis Barrett in Mad Love, Wayne in Happy Together, Artie Mogull in I Am Woman, Fred Shay in Suburgatory, Geoffrey Hoytsman in Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Dean Parker in Grown-ish, Mr. Gordon in 21 Jump Street, and Dr. DiLorenzo in Will & Grace.
Thomas Christopher Parnell
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Chris Parnell attended the Southern Baptist Educational Center before graduating from Germantown High School.
Then, he got enrolled at the University of North Carolina School of the Arts and received his BFA in Drama. He also attended an apprentice actor program for a season at the Alley Theatre.
Actor, Voice Artist, Writer, Comedian
- Father – Jack Parnell (Radio Personality in Memphis)
- Mother – Shirley Parnell
- Others – August Carl Rauchle (Maternal Grandfather), Clara Bessire (Maternal Grandmother)
Chris Parnell has been signed with United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Chris Parnell is of English descent on his father’s side and has German and Swiss-French/Swiss-German roots on his mother’s side.
Salt and Pepper
- Ability to say bizarre and silly dialogue with absolute seriousness
- Has often worked with Andy Samberg
He has done endorsement work for –
- Dr. Pepper (as Dr. Leo Spaceman) (TV Commercial) (2010)
- Hamburger Helper (Voice of the “helping hand”) (Commercials) (2010)
- Oscar Meyer (Voiceover Work) (TV Commercials) (2012)
- Progressive Insurance (TV Commercial) (2013)
Chris Parnell Favorite Things
- TV Show – Twin Peaks (1990)
- Two Of His Favorite Hosts To Work With On Saturday Night Live – Julianna Margulies, Gwyneth Paltrow
- Film – Chariots of Fire (1981)
- Books – The Selected Poetry of Rainer Maria Rilke
Source – IMDb
Chris Parnell Facts
- He was 17 years old when he decided to pursue a career in acting, aiming at becoming a theatre actor.
- After graduating from college, Chris Parnell relocated to Houston, Texas.
- During his initial years in acting, there came a phase when he became disinterested in the field and moved back to his hometown and taught high school for a year.
- He later relocated to Los Angeles and auditioned for the Groundlings in 1992.
- Chris Parnell made his theatrical film debut by appearing as Toy Store Sales Clerk in the 1996 Christmas family comedy film, Jingle All the Way, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and others.
- He has performed raps about SNL hosts Jennifer Garner, Britney Spears, Kirsten Dunst, and Ashton Kutcher.
- In 2013, he started voicing the character of Jerry Smith in the adult animated science fiction sitcom, Rick and Morty.
- He provided vocals to the character of Hector J. Peabody in the animated streaming television series, The Mr. Peabody & Sherman Show, from 2015 to 2017.
- Chris Parnell has been friends with Fred Willard, Tom Brokaw, Ron Livingston, and Lauren Graham.
- He grew up in a Southern Baptist family.
- He has done voiceover work for video games like Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality and Maneater.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0