|Dacre Montgomery Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 22, 1994|
Dacre Montgomery is an Australian actor, writer, and director who has been cast in various movies which include the likes of Power Rangers, Elvis, Better Watch Out, Betrand the Terrible, A Few Less Men, The Broken Hearts Gallery, Godot’s Clinic, and Tryptophan. In addition to that, he is also known for playing the role of Billy Hargrove in the Netflix science fiction horror drama series Stranger Things.
Dacre Kayd Montgomery-Harvey
Dacre (Pronounced as Day-ker)
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Dacre Montgomery went to Mt Lawley High School.
To hone his acting skills, he went to the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts. He graduated from the academy in 2015.
Actor, Writer, Producer
- Father – Scott Montgomery-Harvey (Has worked in the film industry)
- Mother – Judith Barrett-Lennard (Has worked in the film industry)
- Others – Dr. Godfrey Trevor Barrett-Lennard (Maternal Grandfather), Helen M. P. S. Love (Maternal Grandmother)
Dacre Montgomery has been signed with –
- 3 Arts Entertainment
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
His net worth has been $2 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dacre Montgomery has dated –
- Liv Pollock (2017-Present) – He started going out with model Liv Pollock in the year 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has New Zealander ancestry and on his mother’s side, he is of Canadian descent.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of the Red Ranger in the reboot of the Power Rangers
- Playing the role of Billy in the science fiction-horror web series Stranger Things. His salary per episode for his show was $150,000.
In 2010, Dacre was first seen in the role of Fred in the short film Bertrand the Terrible.
First TV Show
In 2017, Dacre made his TV show debut with a role in the supernatural TV series, Stranger Things as Billy. This role got him nominated for an MTV Movie & TV Award in the “Scene Stealer” category in 2018 as well as for a Screen Actors Guild Award for “Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series” in 2018 and 2020.
To prepare for his role in the 2017 Power Rangers movie, Dacre Montgomery trained with Britten of the WA Institute of Martial Arts. This martial arts academy gave him fighting training as well as helped him get the buff physique necessary for the role.
Overall, he was training 3 hours a day and had flipped his diet as well. Apart from martial arts and weight training, he also indulged in boxing and yoga sessions to get his dream physique.
Dacre Montgomery Facts
- In his free time, he likes to go out boating and sailing. He even has got a boating license.
- Along with Naomi Scott, RJ Cyler, Becky G, Ludi Lin, Bill Hader, Bryan Cranston, and Elizabeth Banks, he co-starred as Jason Scott (the Red Ranger and leader of the team) in the 2017 superhero film Power Rangers (or Saban’s Power Rangers). This performance earned him a Teen Choice Award nomination in the “Choice Sci-Fi Movie Actor” category in 2017.
- Before he bagged the lead role in the reboot of Power Rangers, he had been going for auditions for 10 years but never got any significant role.
- He co-starred as Nick Danielson in the 2020 romantic comedy film The Broken Hearts Gallery.
- After graduating from the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts, he dabbled in local theater before getting his breakthrough in the industry.
- He portrayed the character of Steve Binder (an American producer and director known for collaborating with Elvis Presley) in the 2022 biographical drama film Elvis, starring Austin Butler, Tom Hanks, Olivia DeJonge, Helen Thomson, Richard Roxburgh, Kelvin Harrison Jr., David Wenham, Kodi Smit-McPhee, and Luke Bracey.