|Gopal Datt Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Hair Color||Salt and Pepper|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Gopal Datt is an Indian actor, writer, theatre artist, and lyricist. He started his career with theatre and then went on to appear in a number of films such as Mujhe Kucch Kehna Hai, Filmistaan, Tere Naam, Samrat & Co., Jabariya Jodi, The Field, Shubh Mangal Saavdhan, Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan, Love per Square Foot, Line of Descent, Bunty Aur Babli 2, and Daughter. In addition to that, Gopal Datt has also been a part of several television projects which include the likes of The Week That Wasn’t, Godaan, TVF Pitchers, TVF Bachelors, The Office, Delhi Crime, Kathmandu Connection, Chakravyuh, Official Chukyagiri, Comedy High School, Candy, Wakaalat From Home, Official CEOgiri, Dhatt Tere Ki, London Files, A Simple Murder, and Jugaadistan.
Nainital, Uttarakhand, India
Gopal Datt completed high school in Nainital. Later, he graduated with a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in Chemistry.
Afterward, he attended the National School of Drama (NSD) in Delhi. He secured his admission at the drama school on his first attempt and completed his course in 1999.
Actor, Writer, Theatre Artist, Lyricist
Gopal Datt has been signed with OML Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Gopal Datt Favorite Things
- Theatre Director – B.V. Karanth
Source – Wikipedia
Gopal Datt Facts
- He was raised in Nainital, Uttarakhand.
- Gopal Datt shifted from Delhi to Mumbai after the completion of his course at the National School of Drama.
- He was cast as Hrithik in the Hindi-language romance film Mujhe Kucch Kehna Hai in 2001. An official remake of the 1998 Telugu film Tholi Prema, the film stars Tusshar Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor, and Rinke Khanna.
- He appeared as Chander (Radhe’s friend) in the 2003 Hindi-language tragedy romantic drama film Tere Naam, starring Salman Khan and Bhumika Chawla. The movie is a remake of Bala’s own Tamil film Sethu (1999).
- Alongside Rajeev Khandelwal and Madalsa Sharma Chakraborty, Gopal Datt co-starred as Chakradhar Pandey (Samrat’s assistant friend) in the Hindi-language detective thriller film Samrat & Co. in 2014.
- He was cast in the recurring role of Ravi Ram Rastogi (“RRR”) in the Hindi-language comedy-drama web series TVF Pitchers in 2015.
- Gopal Datt was seen as Inspector Tiwari in the 2019 Hindi-language romantic comedy film Jabariya Jodi which is based on the tradition of groom kidnapping.
- In 2019, he brought to life the character of Triveni Prasad Mishra (based on Dwight Schrute) (assistant to the branch manager at Wilkins Chawla Faridabad) in the television sitcom The Office. An adaptation of the original BBC series of the same name, the show’s lead cast included Mukul Chadda, Sayandeep Sengupta, Samridhi Dewan, Abhinav Sharma, Gopal Datt, Gauahar Khan, and Gavin Methalaka.
- He was cast as Arun (an undercover cop working with Charu) in the crime thriller film Line of Descent in 2019.
- He appeared as CBI officer Hitesh in the Hindi-language crime thriller web series Kathmandu Connection in 2021. The show stars Amit Sial, Aksha Pardasany, and Anshumaan Pushkar in the lead roles.
- Gopal Datt played Headmaster Thomas in the crime thriller streaming television series Candy in 2021.
- Along with Prateik Babbar, Simran Mundi, Ruhi Singh, Ashish Vidyarthi, Shiv Panditt, Asif Basra, and Ravi Pandey, Gopal Datt co-starred as Dr. Sinha in the Hindi-language crime thriller MX Original web series Chakravyuh – An Inspector Virkar Crime Thriller in 2021. The show received critical acclaim and The Quint wrote “It is a terrific show that has Prateik Babbar playing a no-nonsense Crime Branch cop Virkar. Ghastly murders, a dangerous blackmailer, the dark side of the web and social media – the series has all the elements to keep you on the edge of your seat right up until the end.”
Featured Image by Gopal Datt / Instagram