|Jameela Jamil Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10½ in|
|Date of Birth||February 25, 1986|
Jameela Jamil started her professional career as a presenter in 2009 by bagging a gig in the British breakfast show, Freshly Squeezed. She later bagged the part of being a host on the BBC Radio 1 show, The Official Chart. As an actress, she earned her big breakthrough with an important role in the comedy TV series, The Good Place. She has also used her personal struggles with eating disorders to spread awareness and has also been a vocal opponent of fat shaming on the social media.
Jameela Alia Jamil
Hampstead, London, England, United Kingdom
Jameela Jamil lives in Los Angeles. She moved from London to LA in 2016.
Jameela Jamil went to Queen’s College, an independent girls’ school on Harley Street in London. However, she didn’t complete her A-levels education.
Actress, TV Personality, Radio Presenter, Model
- Mother – Shireen Jamil
- Siblings – Adnandus Dyzantae (Brother)
Jameela Jamil is represented by Beverly Hills-based United Talent Agency.
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
69 kg or 152 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jameela Jamil has dated –
- James Blake (2015-Present) – Jameela Jamil started going out with singer and songwriter, James Blake, in 2015. She, sort of, made their relationship public in March 2015 by posting a picture of them together in a photo booth on her official Instagram account.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Pakistani ancestry on her mother’s side and is of Indian descent on her father’s side.
She came out as queer in 2020.
Jameela Jamil has used her social media activity to promote products and brands such as Mulberry.
In 2015, she was appointed as the brand ambassador of Holland & Barrett’s new Free From range.
In 2018, she revealed that she didn’t follow any religion.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Tahani Al-Jamil in the comedy-fantasy TV series, The Good Place
- Having served as the host of the music radio show, The Official Chart
- Having made appearances in numerous high profile TV shows such as Last Call with Carson Daly, Late Night with Seth Meyers, and Home & Family
First TV Show
In September 2009, Jameela Jamil made her first TV show appearance in the family talk show, T4.
Jameela Jamil is not a big fan of working out or hitting the gym. She especially hates doing squats. To keep herself fit and in the right shape, she prefers to go for long walks. Also, the fact she daily has to climb the stairs of her home takes care of her cardio needs.
When it comes to nutrition, she relies on an organic diet. As she was diagnosed with coeliac at a young age, she makes sure that her food is gluten-free.
Jameela Jamil Favorite Things
- Beauty Products – Kiehl’s Factor 50 Sun Protection and Dr. Organic Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner
- Essential Cosmetics – Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder, Rose Berry lipstick, Nars Albatross Highlighting Blush, Mac Lady Danger red lipstick, Elegant Touch nails
- Guilty Pleasure – Gluten-free cake
- Body Inspirations – Jennifer Lopez, Selena Gomez, Beyoncé
- High-Street Brands – Asos, Topshop, Urban Outfitters
- Wardrobe Essentials – Black heeled ankle boots, a Lulu Guinness bag, a big fluffy jumper, and a little black dress
Source – Express.co.uk
Jameela Jamil Facts
- She went on to gain 70 pounds after she had to take steroids to take care of her asthma problem. She was body-shamed by the paparazzi and trolls on social media. However, she fought back by starting a #iweigh campaign which aimed to promote acceptance of women of all sizes and shapes.
- In 2018, she collaborated with Simply Be to launch her collection of plus-size clothing. The collection featured 11 pieces including party dresses and leopard print items.
- She was born with labyrinthitis, a form of inner ear inflammation, and hearing loss. As of 2015, she had a 50% audibility in her right ear and 70% in the left ear.
- In 2018, she was subjected to severe trolling on social media for apparently being a bad Muslim and was shamed for wearing short and revealing dresses. She clamped back by insisting that she wasn’t a Muslim and, in fact, she followed no religion.
- During her teen years, she struggled with anorexia nervosa because of which she didn’t eat a full meal from the age of 14 to 17. She would later blame societal pressure for her eating disorder.
- At the age of 17, she suffered a horrific accident as she was run down by a car while being chased by a bee. She endured several broken bones and damaged her spine as well.
- After the accident, she was told by the doctors that she might not be able to walk again. However, physiotherapy and steroid treatment helped her recover. She also had to use Zimmer frame as she aimed to get back on her feet.
- Before she got her big breakthrough as a radio host, she used to work as an English tutor to foreign students at the Callan School of English in London.
- She has also worked as a fashion scout for Premier Model Management Limited. Plus, she has worked as a photographer.
- She is a staunch supporter of the Cultural Learning Alliance which aims to promote culture learning amongst children and young people.
- Because of a nervous breakdown, she tried to kill herself in 2012. She revealed this suicide attempt in 2020 while appearing on Red Table Talk. In 2021, Jameela revealed that she again started having suicidal thoughts in 2020 because of the online bullies who accused her of having Munchausen syndrome, which is a disorder that causes people to fake illnesses for attention.
Featured Image by Jameela Jamil / Instagram