|Jim Carrey Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||January 17, 1962|
Jim Carrey is a Canadian-American actor, comedian, writer, producer, and artist who has gained acclaim with his roles in movies like Dumb and Dumber, Dumb and Dumber To, The Truman Show, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Me, Myself & Irene, Man on the Moon, Mr. Popper’s Penguins, Dark Crimes, Bruce Almighty, Horton Hears a Who!, The Majestic, A Christmas Carol, The Mask, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, The Cable Guy, Liar Liar, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events.
James Eugene Carrey
Jim, Tony Clifton
Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Los Angeles, California, United States
Carrey briefly attended Northview Heights Secondary School and Blessed Trinity Catholic School.
Jim then went to the Agincourt Collegiate Institute in Scarborough.
He also attended Aldershot High School. But, had to drop out at the age of 16 to help his family get more financial stability.
In May 2014, Jim received an honorary doctorate degree from Maharishi University of Management for his achievement as an artist.
Actor, stand-up comedian, screenwriter, film producer
- Father – Percy Carrey (Musician and Accountant)
- Mother – Kathleen Oram (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Rita Carrey (Older Sister) (Canadian Television and Radio Personality), John Carrey (Older Brother), Patricia Carrey Fournier (Older Sister)
- Others – François/Frank Carré (Paternal Grandfather), Maria Louise Angéline/Angélina Suavé/Sauvé (Paternal Grandmother), John Oram (Maternal Grandfather), Bridget Hannah Rita Sheehan (Maternal Grandmother)
Jim Carrey has been represented by –
- Jimmy Miller
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Stand-up, film, television
Observational comedy, physical comedy, surreal humor, character comedy, satire, slapstick
Everyday life, popular culture, politics, celebrities
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jim Carrey has dated –
- Linda Ronstadt (1983) – Jim Carrey met singer Linda Ronstadt at The Comedy Store in Los Angeles, while he was performing there. She asked him whether he would like to serve as an opening act for her next tour. Instead, he offered to go with her. They went out for about 8 months before splitting in 1983.
- Melissa Womer (1986-1995) – Jim Carrey met actress Melissa at The Comedy Store, where she used to work as a waitress and he used to perform on regular basis. After initially becoming a close friend, they started dating and she became the support system of struggling Carrey. When they got married in March 1987, Melissa was already three months pregnant. Their wedding reception was held at Mahi Mahi Hotel in Santa Monica. She gave birth to a daughter Jane Erin Carrey (who became a singer) in September 1987. After he became an actor, their relationship went downhill. They finalized the divorce in 1995.
- Lauren Holly (1994-1997) – Carrey was smitten by Canadian-American actress Lauren Holly after seeing her in the series All My Children. He then got to meet her at the auditions for Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. Holly didn’t get the part but they got to work together in Dumb & Dumber and it was then, they grew close. Jimmy surprised Lauren by crashing the sets of A Smile like Yours and pulling out a sparkling ring. They got married in September 1996 in a small ceremony held on a mountain top. However, it didn’t last long as they filed for divorce only 8 months later.
- Charlotte Lewis (1999) – Jim dated actress Charlotte Lewis briefly in January 1999.
- Renee Zellweger (1999-2000) – Carrey started dating actress Renee Zellweger after working together in My, Myself and Irene (2000). After dating for a brief time, Jim proposed to Zellweger over a romantic candlelight dinner in London, where she was shooting Bridget Jones’ Diary. However, their relationship didn’t last long as Carrey dumped her for constantly pestering him to tie the knot.
- Laurie Holden (2001) – Carrey started a brief affair with actress Laurie Holden after having grown closer while working on The Majestic (2001).
- January Jones (2002) – Jim went out with actress January Jones for a couple of months before dumping her after finding out that she was going out with Brandon Davis as well.
- Anastasiya Volochkova (2002) – He had a short-termed romance with former Russian prima ballerina Anastasiya Volochkova in the year 2002.
- Anine Bing (2004) – He hooked up with Danish model Anine Bing in 2004.
- Jenny McCarthy (2005-2010) – Jim started dating actress Jenny McCarthy in 2005. During the course of their relationship, Carrey had even grown close to her son Evans, who suffered from autism. They terminated their five-year-long relationship in April 2010.
- Anastasia Vitkina (2012) – Jim was reported to be dating Russian beauty Anastasia Vitkina in 2012 after they were spotted at the Guns N’ Roses show in Los Angeles.
- Anchal Joseph (2011) – It was RUMORed that Carrey had a fling with fashion model and actress Anchal Joseph in January 2011.
- Cathriona White (2012-2015) – Carrey had a very up-and-down relationship with the Irish makeup artist, Cathriona White. They were reported to have broken upon a number of occasions only to get back together. After she committed suicide in September 2015, it was alleged by her former husband that Carrey was responsible for it.
- Natalie Gal (2014) – In March 2014, he went out with Russian model Natalie Gal.
- Ginger Gonzaga (2018-2019)
Race / Ethnicity
Carrey is of Irish and Scottish descent on his mother’s side, whereas, has French-Canadian and English ancestry on his father’s side.
- Can make weird facial expressions
- Tall and lanky body
Carrey has starred in commercials for Lincoln Motor Company.
Best Known For
Starring in a number of hit comedy movies such as The Mask (1994) and Bruce Almighty (2003).
Jim Carrey made his film debut in 1983 with the comedy film The Sex and Violence Family Hour for his various roles.
First TV Show
Carrey made his first TV show appearance in 1980 with The All-Night Show where he gave many voices.
Jim Carrey Favorite Things
- Cartoons – Johnny Bravo, Dave the Barbarian, SpongeBob SquarePants
Source – IMDb
Jim Carrey Facts
- Jim Carrey holds the unique distinction of being the first actor to play the role of two of the meanest Christmas villains – the Grinch and Scrooge.
- In 1997, the Empire UK magazine placed him on the 54th position in the list of “Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time.”
- To celebrate the 20th anniversary of The Comedy Store, he appeared in the special show wearing nothing apart from a sock on his private part.
- Just after he dropped out of high school, all his family members were working as janitors at the local factory to make ends meet.
- In 2003, Star TV placed him on #5 in the “Top 10 Box Office Stars of the 1990s” list.
- He was saddled with numerous traffic tickets after he got a vanity license plate reading ‘No Tag’ for his new Harley Davidson bike. Whenever any officer marked no tag due to lack of license plate, he received a ticket.
- He is the first actor to have earned $20 million from a single movie, which he earned from The Cable Guy (1996).
- He gained critical acclaim with his role as Joel Barish in the 2004 comedy-drama film, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, in which he co-starred alongside Kate Winslet, Kirsten Dunst, Mark Ruffalo, Elijah Wood, and Tom Wilkinson.
- It is rumored that he wrote himself a $10 million check-in 1983 and postdated it to 10 years. He was struggling with poverty then.
- While growing up, he was affiliated with the Royal Canadian Sea Cadets.
- He is a practicing vegetarian.
- In December 2020, Jim Carrey stepped down from his role as Joe Biden on Saturday Night Live.