|Jolina Magdangal Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||November 6, 1978|
Jolina Magdangal is a Filipino singer, actress, TV presenter, and entrepreneur who became one of the first multimedia superstars in the Philippines, in the 1990s, owing to her stupendous success in singing, acting, fashion, print, and commercial advertisements. She is widely regarded as one of the most successful and loved pop icons in the history of the country. She was inducted into the ‘Paradise of Stars’ by the Movie Workers Welfare Foundation (Mowelfund) in 2007 and awarded a ‘Star’ in the Eastwood City Walk of Fame in 2009.
Maria Jolina Perez Magdangal
Jolenz, Pinoy Barbie of the 1990s, Queen of Pinoy Popular Culture
Quezon City, Philippines
Tagaytay City, Cavite, Philippines
Jolina had graduated from the Colegio de San Lorenzo in Quezon City. She had then joined a theater-arts course at the University of the Philippines but had dropped out of the course midway after she was offered a scholarship to study computer science at the AMA Computer University in Quezon City.
Singer, Actress, TV Presenter, Entrepreneur
- Father – Generoso Magdangal Jr. (Marketing and PR Executive)
- Mother – Paulette Perez-Magdangal (Former Banking Executive)
- Siblings – Jonathan Magdangal (Younger Brother), Melanie Magdangal (Older Sister)
- Others – Gian Magdangal (Cousin) (Singer)
She is represented by Perry Lansigan, General Manager, PPL Entertainment Inc., Quezon City, Philippines.
- Walt Disney Records
- Star Music
- GMA Music
- Viva Music Group (VMG)
5 ft or 152.5 cm
49 kg or 108 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jolina has dated –
- Marvin Agustin (1996)
- Bebong Muñoz (2002-2009)
- Mark Escueta (2009-Present) – Jolina began dating Filipino musician and drummer Mark Escueta in 2009 and they got married in November 2011, in 2 different ceremonies – on the 19th, in a church; and then on the 21st, at a garden ceremony. They have 2 children together – a son named Pele Iñigo (b. February 18, 2014) and a daughter named Vika Anaya (b. May 28, 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Filipino descent.
- Petite frame
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
Jolina Magdangal Favorite Things
- Hobbies/Interests – Watching Movies, Reading Magazines
- Actor – Brad Pitt
- Actresses – Maricel Soriano, Winona Ryder
- Singers – Barbra Streisand, Celine Dion, Tori Amos, Alanis Morisette, Babyface, Björk
- Music Band – The Beatles
- Musical Genres – Grunge, Oldies
- Cuisine – Japanese
- Book/Fiction Genre – Mystery
Source – IMDb
Jolina Magdangal Facts
- She had started her career in the entertainment industry in 1989, at the age of just 11, when she had joined the singing group 14-K under the supervision of renowned music composer Ryan Cayabyab. Besides, she was simultaneously attending dance and acting lessons.
- She is an animal lover and has an exotic Shih Tzu pet dog named Hush.
- From 2004 to 2010, she had been appointed as the first-ever ‘Official Spokesperson for the Youth’ for the governmental National Youth Commission, by the office of the President of the Philippines.
- In 2006, she had trimmed her hair for the first time in nearly 2 decades, in a symbolic move, to start a project that could collect hair for donation to organizations that make wigs for cancer patients.
- In 2010, she had launched a style and entertainment magazine called Jolie, which was produced by OctoberEighty Publications.
Featured Image by Jolina Magdangal / Instagram