Oldham, England, UK
She attended North Chadderton School in Chadderton, Greater Manchester.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Kate Elson (Twin Sister) (Model, filmmaker)
She also has two older step-brothers.
As a model, she is signed with these agencies –
- The Lions – New York
- Viva Models – Paris
- Boss Model Management – Manchester
- TESS Management – London
- Why Not Models – Milan
- Group Model Management – Barcelona
- Elite Model Management – Milan
As a singer, she is signed with –
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA)
- Monotone Management
Indie folk, alternative country, dark cabaret
She released her first album via Third Man Records / XL Recordings.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
59 kg or 130 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Karen Elson dated –
- Raphael de Rothschild (1998-2000) – From 1998 to 2000, for about two years, Karen was romantically linked with Raphael de Rothschild. He died of heroin overdose in 2000 in Chelsea, Manhattan.
- James Iha (2001) – In 2001, Karen dated musician James Iha for couple of months. He is the cofounder of the rock band, Smashing Pumpkins.
- Jack White (2005-2011) – In 2005, musician Jack White met Karen while filming the music video for his song “Blue Orchid.” They started dating and married on June 1, 2005 in Manaus, Brazil. Jack’s ex-wife Meg White was the maid of honour on the occasion of wedding. The couple has two children, daughter Scarlett Teresa White (b. May 2, 2006) and son Henry Lee White (b. August 7, 2007). The couple split in June 2011 and Karen filed for divorce, which was finalised on November 26, 2013. But, they still have friendly attitude towards each other.
Race / Ethnicity
- Successful model cum singer
- Light eyebrows
- Red hair
33-25-35 in or 84-63.5-89 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
9 (US) or 41 (EU)
Karen has advertised for many brands and fashion houses including Agent Provocateur, Anna Molinari, Anna Sui, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Ballantyne, Barely There, Barneys New York, Baume & Mercier, BCBG Max Azria, Bill Blass, Burberry Prorsum, Celine, Chanel, Chanel resort, Christian Dior, Christian Lacroix, Clinique ‘Happy’ fragrance, Dillards, Donna Karan, DSquared2, Clinique, DKNY, Donna Karan resort, Eres, Escada, GAP, Givenchy, Giorgio Armani, Gucci, Guerlain, H&M, Iceberg, Istante, Jean Paul Gaultier ‘Classique’ fragrance, Joop!, Judith Leiber, Krizia, La Bon Marché, Lanvin, Le Sac Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Max Mara, Mine, Moschino, Mulberry, Neiman Marcus, Nine West Vintage America Collection, Oxfam, Perry Ellis, Phi, Prada, Reed Krakoff, Roberto Cavalli, Roberto Cavalli eyewear, Sonia Rykiel, St. John, Tiffany & Co., Tom Ford, Trussardi 1911, TSE, Valentino, Versace, Vidal Sassoon, YSL, Yves Saint Laurent eyewear, and Yves Saint Laurent “Opium” fragrance.
Her religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
Modeling for famous brands listed above and also for her singing career.
Karen released her debut album entitled The Ghost Who Walks on May 25, 2010 via Third Man Records / XL Recordings. It consists of 13 singles and reached at #16 at Billboard Heatseekers.
First Fashion Show
Karen debuted with Ready to Wear – Autumn / Winter 1997 fashion show where she walked the ramp for Alberta Ferretti, Alexander McQueen, Anna Molinari, Anna Sui, Badgley Mischka, Cerruti 1881, Callaghan, Chanel, Chloé, Clements Ribeiro, Christian Lacroix, Comme des Garçons, Dirk Bikkembergs, Dolce & Gabbana, Fendi, Guy Laroche, Genny, Ghost, Gucci, Hermès, Hussein Chalayan, Iceberg, Isaac Mizrahi, Jil Sander, Junko Shimada, Marc Jacobs, Karl Lagerfeld, Lawrence Steele, Martine Sitbon, MaxMara, Michael Kors, Miu Miu, Moschino, Nicole Miller, Oscar de la Renta, Prada, Richard Tyler, Salvatore Ferragamo, Ter et Bantine, Todd Oldham, and Trussardi.
She hasn’t appeared in any of the films.
She works out. But, her exact exercise routine and diet plan is not known.
Karen Elson Favorite Things
- Hangout Spots – The Stone Fox, The Patterson House, Miss Kelli’s
- Book – Willa Cather’s all books, Tiny Beautiful Things (By Cheryl Strayed)
- Films – Harold And Maude (1971), Paris, Texas (1984), The Wizard of Oz (1939)
Source – Mother Mag
Karen Elson Facts
- Karen was discovered at the age of 16 by the Boss models owner.
- She likes flat sandals / shoes more than heels.
- Karen does not like Birkenstocks shoes. Hence, she doesn’t purchase them.
- Homemade angel hair pasta or pesto with spaghetti is her go-to family meal.
- Elson was seen in 2001 (as March) and 2006 Pirelli Calendar.
- She was Vogue / VH1’s Model of the Year 1998.
- For her debut Italian Vogue cover appearance, she shaved her eyebrows and dyed her hair red on the recommendation of photographer Steven Meisel.
- She is the cofounder of the political cabaret troupe The Citizens Band.
- Visit her official website @ www.karenelson.com.
- Learn more about Karen on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, Instagram, and Pinterest.