|Kathryn Gallagher Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||July 23, 1993|
Kathryn Gallagher is an American actress, singer, and songwriter who is best known for being the daughter of actor, musician, and writer Peter Gallagher. However, she had claimed her fame for starring as Annika Atwater in the thriller series You (2018), which was based upon author Caroline Kepnes’ eponymous novel. Besides acting, she is also a well-known singer and songwriter who has released several songs such as Call It Home (2015), American Spirit (2015), What A Shame (2015). She is also noted for collaborating with artist John O’Callaghan for the release of Mess of a Machine in 2011. With time, she has amassed a huge fan base with more than 200k followers on Instagram.
New York City, New York, United States
In the past, Kathryn attended the USC Thornton School of Music, but she did not complete the course as she had dropped out.
Actress, Singer, Songwriter
- Father – Peter Gallagher (Actor, Musician, Writer)
- Mother – Paula Harwood
- Siblings – James Gallagher (Brother)
- Others – Thomas Francis Gallagher (Paternal Grandfather), Peter Gallagher (Paternal Great Grandfather), Catherine Burns (Paternal Great Grandmother), Brigid Gallagher (Paternal Grandmother), James Gallagher (Paternal Great Grandfather), Sarah Kelly (Paternal Great Grandmother)
Kathryn is represented by One Management.
Dance, Alternative, Folk
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kathryn has dated –
- Alex Wyse – In 2016, fans via twitter asked Kathryn to confirm if she was dating her Deaf West’s Broadway co-star and shockingly she replied: “We are dating”. However, apart from that, the couple has not mentioned anything else about their relationship and Alex is openly gay.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Irish ancestry on her father’s side.
- Chisel jawline
- Thick eyebrows
Best Known For
- Being the daughter of actor, singer, and writer Peter Gallagher
- Starring as the voice of Martha in Deaf West Theatre’s production of Spring Awakening in 2015
- Being cast as Annika Atwater in the thriller series You in 2018
As a Musician
Kathryn released her debut single titled I Wanna Wear A Dress via SoundCloud on August 31, 2014. Later, she released several other songs such as I’ll Be Yours (2014), Since You Left (2014), Call It Home (2015), American Spirit (2015), What A Shame (2015), I’m Gonna Love You (2015), Kansas City (2017), and Dear Little Girl (2017).
Her original track Damaged (2013), was featured Stuart Blumberg’s film Thanks For Sharing in 2013.
In 2011, she collaborated with Irish musician John O’Callaghan to release the song Mess of a Machine which was featured in his album Unfold.
In 2015, she released her debut EP titled American Spirit. It was compiled of 3 songs – Call It Home, What A Shame, and its eponymous track.
Kathryn made her debut feature film appearance in Senioritis in February 2011.
First Web Show
She made her debut web show appearance as Annika Atwater in You in 2018.
Kathryn does work out. She also enjoys walking and dancing which are both healthy ways to stay fit.
Kathryn Gallagher Favorite Things
- Food – Steak
- TV Shows – Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
- Book – Just Kids (2010) by Patti Smith, My Life on the Road (2015) by Gloria Steinem
- Off-Broadway Show – Fun Home
- Tracks From Spring Awakening – Totally F***ed (2006), B*tch of Living (2006)
- Line That She Gets To Sing/Say In Spring Awakening – I Love Your Light
- Website – Etsy
- Thing About New York City – Food, friends, its pace
- Dance Move – Hair flip, Being a tree
- Italian Film Director – Federico Fellini
- Film – La Strada (1954)
- Song By Alanis Morissette – Hands Clean (2002)
- Song To Listen To When She’s Sad – Everybody Does (2015) by Julien Baker
- Quote from ‘You’ – “The Floor Is A Safe Place”
- Song In 2019 – Figures (2017) by Jessie Reyez, 1950 (2018) by King Princess
- City That She Visited – Calway, Ireland
- Character From Grey’s Anatomy – ‘Izzie Stevens’ by Katherine Heigl
Source – BroadwayWiz.com, Instagram
Kathryn Gallagher Facts
- She garnered her love for acting and music at a very young age, as she would often attend Broadway and theatrical musical plays along with her father Peter Killian Gallagher, who is a well-known musician, actor, and writer.
- The first Broadway show that Kathryn saw was of The Lion King.
- In high school, she studied Italian cinema quite extensively.
- She has tripped and fallen during plays more times than anyone can count.
- In the past, she wanted to work with musicians Jack Antonoff, Matthew Healy, or George Daniel.
- The first music video she did was for her song Damaged, which was released in 2013 as a part of the film Thanks For Sharing in 2013.
- She studied songwriting and pop harmony and also attended performance classes and guitar lessons at the USC Thorton School of Music.
- If she was to revive a Broadway show, it would be Hair (1968).
- In the past, she was chosen to be the dance captain for the musical Spring Awakening.
- If Kathryn, were to chose a 4th profession, it would be to become a pastry chef.
- Kathryn is a huge fan of Taylor Swift.
- When she’s free, she likes to spend her time sleeping, giving her vocal cords a rest, eating, sleeping, and working out.
- Kathryn would attend dance lessons in the past.
- She knows how to communicate with the American sign language.
- Kathryn and actress Elizabeth Lail and Nicole Kang are very close friends. The two for the first time on August 15, 2017.
- According to an Instagram Q&A that she shared on her Instagram in January 2019, she had a total of 10 tattoos.
- She is a body positivity activist.
- In the past, she binge-watched the show Grey’s Anatomy.
- Kathryn has a dog named Brady.
- She supported Joe Biden during the 2020 Presidential Election.
- In October 2020, she received her first-ever Tony nomination which was in the category ‘Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Role in a Musical’ for her work in Jagged Little Pill.
- In June 2021, Kathryn had released the music video of the song Take What I Can Get.
Featured Image By Kathryn Gallagher / Instagram