|Keala Settle Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||November 5, 1976|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Keala Settle is an American actress, theatre artist, and singer who is known for originating the role of Norma Valverde in the musical, Hands on a Hardbody, which ran on Broadway in 2013 and got her nominated for the Outer Critics Circle Award, Drama Desk Award, and Tony Award in the “Best Featured Actress in a Musical” category. Moreover, she has also appeared in on-screen projects like The Greatest Showman, Ricki and the Flash, and Rent: Live.
Keala Joan Settle
Ti K., Lala
Laie, Honolulu County, Hawaii, United States
Keala Settle studied at Kahuku High School and later got enrolled at Southern Utah University.
Actress, Theatre Artist, Singer
- Father – David Settle
- Mother – Susanne (née Riwai)
- Siblings – Kelly Settle (Younger Sister), Dorthy Settle (Younger Sister), Ryan Settle (Younger Sister), Chad Settle (Younger Sibling)
- Others – Norman James Settle (Paternal Grandfather), Joan Coverdale (Paternal Grandmother), Ruanui Hamahona “Rua” MacDonald (Maternal Grandfather), Ti Te Maari Waiti (Maternal Grandmother)
Keala Settle is represented by 42 West, Public Relations Firm, Los Angeles, California, United States.
She has released her EP, Chapter One, via NoiseWells.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Keala Settle is of English descent on her father’s side and has Māori (Rangitāne, Ngāti Kahungunu) and Scottish roots on her mother’s side.
- Beauty spot on her cheek
- Pierced ears
Keala Settle Facts
- She made her first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Sharon in the 2015 musical comedy-drama film, Ricki and the Flash, starring Meryl Streep, Kevin Kline, Mamie Gummer, Audra McDonald, Sebastian Stan, Ben Platt, and Rick Springfield.
- Keala Settle portrayed the character of Lettie Lutz, a bearded lady, in the 2017 musical biographical drama film, The Greatest Showman, which starred Hugh Jackman, Zac Efron, Michelle Williams, Rebecca Ferguson, and Zendaya. Also, Keala performed the song This Is Me for the movie which won the 2018 Golden Globe Award for “Best Original Song” and was nominated for the Academy Award for “Best Original Song”.
- She has been cast in a number of theatre productions in roles like Madame Thénardier in Les Misérables, Becky in Waitress, Tracy Turnblad in Hairspray, Peter in Jesus Christ Superstar, Bloody Mary in South Pacific, and Shirley in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.
- As a singer, she has been a part of albums, extended plays, and tracks such as The Greatest Showman: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, The Greatest Showman: Reimagined, Chapter One, This Is Me, Harder, and Bird Set Free.
Featured Image by Dick Thomas Johnson / Flickr / CC BY 2.0