|Killer Mike Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||April 20, 1975|
Killer Mike is an American rapper, songwriter, actor, and activist who made his debut on Outkast‘s 2000 LP Stankonia. Over the years, he has released multiple albums, mixtapes, and tracks like Monster, I Pledge Allegiance to the Grind, I Pledge Allegiance to the Grind II, Get ‘Em Shawty (ft. Three 6 Mafia), Home Alone Wit’ Dat Crack, Ghetto Extraordinary, PL3DGE, Imma Fool Wit It (ft. Big Kuntry King), R.A.P. Music, A.D.I.D.A.S. (ft. Big Boi and Sleepy Brown), 2 Sides (ft. Shawty Lo), Akshon (Yeah!) (ft. Outkast), Big Beast (featuring Bun B, T.I., and Trouble), Ready Set Go (ft. T.I.), and My Chrome (ft. Big Boi). Killer Mike is also the founder of Grind Time Official Records as well as has been cast in shows and movies like Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Trigger Warning with Killer Mike, Frisky Dingo, The Eric Andre Show, Momma Named Me Sheriff, ATL, America: The Motion Picture, South Park, The Good Lord Bird, and Baby Driver.
Michael Santiago Render
Mike, Mike Bigga, Killer Mike, Run the Jewels
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Killer Mike went to the Douglass High School in Atlanta and graduated in 1993.
He then got enrolled at the Morehouse College in Atlanta in 1995. However, he dropped out of college shortly after.
Rapper, songwriter, actor, and activist
- Father – He was a policeman.
- Mother – She was a florist and also worked as a drug trafficker.
The Windish Agency (now merged with Paradigm Talent Agency)
Mass Appeal, Grind Time, SMC, Grand Hustle, Williams Street, Fool’s Gold Records, Fontana, Atlantic, Purple Ribbon, Columbia Records
His net worth had been $5 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
As per Killer Mike himself, he is 6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm.
But, his real height is considered to be 6 ft or 183 cm.
118 kg or 260 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Killer Mike has dated –
- Shana Render (2006-Present) – Killer Mike prefers to keep his private life away from the spotlight so not much is known about his wife Shana Shay. According to reports, they got married in 2006 and had been dating for quite some time before getting married. In his rare interviews, he has credited his wife for his success and achievements. Also, she looks after his various businesses.
Race / Ethnicity
- Overweight frame
- Trimmed beard
Killer Mike has appeared in a TV commercial for the Sonos speakers from Apple Music.
Best Known For
- Being one-half of the rap duo, Run the Jewels, which has gone on to release critically acclaimed studio albums by the same name
- His outspoken and vocal activism for numerous social and political causes
In March 2003, he released his debut studio album, Monster, which reached #10 on Billboard 200.
In 2006, Mike made his film debut in the comedy-drama movie, ATL as himself.
First TV Show
In 2002, Mike made his first TV show appearance as a musical guest on Saturday Night Live.
Killer Mike Favorite Things
- Atlanta Eatery – Miss Ann’s Snack Bar
- Fast Food Delicacy – The Ghetto Burger
- Regional Barbeque Style – Texas-style beef and Carolina-style barbecue
Source – Jezebel
Killer Mike Facts
- In April 2017, he grabbed plenty of headlines after he held a massive marijuana-themed party to celebrate his birthday. He doled out weed worth $10k at the bash.
- In March 2017, he was honored by the Georgia Senate for being an outstanding ambassador for the city. The Senate also recognized his contributions in making Atlanta a better place.
- In June 2015, he announced that he was running to become the representative for Georgia’s 55th district in the Georgia House of Representatives.
- In 2015, he revealed that he was going to back Democratic U.S. presidential candidate Bernie Sanders for the upcoming elections. After Sanders’ exit from the race, he decided against supporting another Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton.
- Mike gave permission to the Atlanta Department of Watershed Management to use his moniker ‘Driller Mike’ for a custom-made drill that was used to create an emergency backup water system in the city.
- Mike is an outspoken social activist with a special focus on race-related issues such as police brutality, systematic racism, and social equality.
- On May 15, 2012, he released his 5th studio album titled R.A.P. Music via Williams Street Records and it was included in several lists like The Guardian‘s “Best Albums of 2012”, AllMusic‘s “Best of 2012”, Rolling Stone‘s “50 Best Albums of 2012”, and Pitchfork‘s “The Top 50 Albums of 2012” and “The 100 Best Albums of the Decade So Far (2010-14)”.
- He has written an article for Billboard magazine in which he lambasted police authorities for the killing of Mike Brown and Eric Garner. He also took to the judiciary for letting the police off the hook.
- In 2015, he caused a controversy by refusing to criticize those, responsible for the Baltimore riots by claiming that he understood their motives behind riots.
- In November 2011, he fulfilled his lifelong dream of owning a barbershop. He and his wife had bought an old barbershop in Atlanta and remodeled it to launch Graffitis SWAG” (Shave, Wash, and Groom).
- He has been invited as a keynote speaker at leading universities such as the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and New York University to give lectures on race relations and tensions.
- Alongside Channing Tatum, Olivia Munn, Judy Greer, Will Forte, Simon Pegg, Andy Samberg, and others, he co-starred by providing vocals to the character of John Henry/Blacksmith in the 2021 adult animated period science-fiction comedy film America: The Motion Picture.
- Visit his official website @ killermike.com.