|Maye Musk Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||April 19, 1948|
Maye Musk is a Canadian model and dietitian. She is the mother of famous technology entrepreneur and investor, Elon Musk. Maye is best known for having worked as a model for over 50 years and she also became the oldest spokesmodel of CoverGirl in 2017. She has amassed more than 300k followers on Instagram.
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Maye divides her time between her residences in New York City and Los Angeles.
Maye attended the University of the Orange Free State, South Africa and got a Master’s degree in Dietetics. Later, she got enrolled at the University of Toronto to get another Master’s degree in Nutritional Science.
- Father – Joshua Norman Haldeman
- Mother – Winnifred Josephine
- Siblings – She has a twin and 3 other siblings.
- Others – Lyndon Rive (Nephew) (Co-Founder of SolarCity)
Maye is represented by –
- IMG Models – New York
- IMG Models – Paris
- IMG Models – Milan
- IMG Models – London
- IMG Models – Los Angeles
- IMG Models – Sydney
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Maye has dated –
- Errol Musk (1970-1979) – Maye first met South African engineer Errol Musk while she was in high school. The couple eventually got married in 1970 and had 2 sons, Elon Musk and Kimbal Musk, and a daughter, Tosca Musk. However, they parted ways in 1979.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, part German, and part Swiss-German ancestry.
11 (US) or 41.5 (EU) or 8.5 (UK)
Maye has done advertisement work for brands like –
- James Perse
- Special K
- Virgin America
Best Known For
- Being the mother of a famous technology entrepreneur and investor, Elon Musk
- Having worked as a model for more than 50 years
First TV Show
Maye made her first TV show appearance in 2011 in the documentary series, Risk Takers.
As per an interview in 2017, Maye does not overdo her fitness regime the way she used to do in the past. She walks her dog around 4 times a day which is followed by a light workout in the gym. Her routine generally involves 30 minutes on the stationary bike followed by some weight and stretching exercises.
Her diet includes adequate amounts of fruits, vegetables, and legumes. Something that she has considered as her health secret is bean soup made from soaked beans.
Maye Musk Favorite Things
- Style Icon – Diane Von Furstenberg, Linda Fargo, Christine Lagarde, Angela Merkel
- Food – Pecan pie, Chocolate
Source – Harper’s BAZAAR
Maye Musk Facts
- Maye’s family moved to Pretoria, South Africa in 1950 when she was only 2.
- In her younger days, she was interested in Science but as she grew up, her interests inclined towards modeling.
- She was a finalist in the Miss South Africa beauty competition in 1969 and used to do modeling assignments on the weekends during her younger years.
- She began her modeling career at the age of 15 and initially thought that she would be done with modeling until she was 18.
- In September 2017, she became the face of CoverGirl, becoming the brand’s oldest spokesmodel at the age of 69.
- She has a sweet tooth and consumes a lot of fruits to satisfy it.
- Maye has appeared on the covers of various famous magazines such as Allure, Grazia, Harper’s Bazaar, Vogue, Stella Magazine, Prestige Magazine, Elle, and Time.
- Visit her official website @ mayemuskmodel.com.
- Follow Maye Musk on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Maye Musk / Instagram