|Pooja Kumar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||February 4, 1977|
Pooja Kumar is an American actor and producer who was crowned Miss India USA in 1995. Throughout her career as an actor, she has worked in many Tamil, Hindi, and English-language films. Her filmography consists of a variety of shows and movies such as Kadhal Rojavae, Magic Magic 3D, Never Have I Ever, Night of Henna, Flavors, Hiding Divya, Bollywood Beats, Knots Urbane, Anything For You, Park Sharks, Anjaana Anjaani, Drawing With Chalk, Meen Kuzhambum Mann Paanaiyum, Chuck, PSV Garuda Vega, Uthama Villain, Man on a Ledge, Vishwaroopam, Vishwaroop, Vishwaroopam II, Vishwaroop II, Brawl in Cell Block 99, and Forbidden Love.
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Pooja Kumar got enrolled at Washington University and graduated with degrees in political science and finance. She has also received training in Indian classical dance.
- Siblings – Paraag Kumar (Brother)
Pooja Kumar has been signed with Vanguard Management Group, Talent Management, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Pooja Kumar has dated –
- Vishal Joshi – She is married to Vishal Joshi and the duo has been blessed with a daughter who was born in 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
Pooja Kumar Facts
- Her parents immigrated from India in the year 1970.
- She played the role of Rachana in the 2003 romantic comedy film Flavors and this performance earned her a Screen Actors Guild Award for “Emerging Actress”.
- Along with Sachin Bhatt, Lilette Dubey, Sarita Joshi, Mansi Patel, and Mehul Shah, Pooja Kumar co-starred as Laxmi in the 2009 Bollywood-inspired dance film Bollywood Beats.
- She appeared as Peshto in the 2010 Indian Hindi-language romantic comedy-drama film Anjaana Anjaani, starring Priyanka Chopra and Ranbir Kapoor as two suicidal strangers.
- Pooja Kumar played the role of Jinsana in the action comedy/spy-drama television series Chuck in 2011.
- In 2012, she brought to life the character of Nina (Englander’s assistant) in the action thriller film Man on a Ledge. The film’s lead cast includes Sam Worthington, Elizabeth Banks, Jamie Bell, Anthony Mackie, Ed Burns, Titus Welliver, Genesis Rodriguez, Kyra Sedgwick, and Ed Harris.
- Alongside Kamal Haasan, K. Balachander, K. Viswanath, Urvashi, Jayaram, Andrea Jeremiah, Parvathy Thiruvothu, and Nassar, Pooja Kumar co-starred as Parveen (Karpagavalli) in the 2015 Indian Tamil-language comedy-drama film Uttama Villain.
- She was seen as Denise Pawther in the 2017 prison thriller film Brawl in Cell Block 99, starring Vince Vaughn, Jennifer Carpenter, Don Johnson, Udo Kier, Marc Blucas, and Tom Guiry. The film was named among the year’s best films by the Los Angeles Times and The New York Times.
- In 2021, Pooja Kumar was cast as Noor Qureshi (Aneesa’s mother) in an episode of the Netflix romance comedy-drama television series Never Have I Ever. The show stars Maitreyi Ramakrishnan.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / poojakumar.com / CC BY 3.0