Remy Ma, Rem, The BX Savior, Remy Martin, Shesus Khryst
The Bronx, New York, United States
While she was incarcerated in the prison, she took up studies for an Associated Degree. By the time she finished her prison sentence, she had an Associated Degree in sociology. As part of her degree program, she wrote a study on same-sex relations titled as Situational Homosexuality.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Remeesha Blount (Sister), Kristin Devereaux (Sister)
Remy Ma is represented by Richard De La Font Agency, Inc.
Sure Shot, Terror Squad Entertainment, SRC, Universal, Roc Nation, Capitol Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
67 kg or 148 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Remy Ma has dated –
- Juelz Santana (2007) – Remy Ma is reported to have had an affair with rapper Juelz Santana before she started going out with her husband Papoose. The affair created a minor controversy as Juelz was also dating Kimbella when the rumors of the affair surfaced.
- Papoose (2008-Present) – Remy first met Papoose at the recording studio he was working in. She stormed in the studio demanding that they turn the volume down. In 2008, Papoose revealed that he was all set to get married to Remy. However, Remy’s trial for having shot her friend forced him to change his plans and he decided to get married in the jail itself. However, the wedding had to be postponed by a day as he was accused of trying to smuggle key into the jail on the wedding day itself in May 2008. They got married the next day in the courtroom just before she was handed down the eight-year sentence. He was also banned from seeing her in prison for six months. After she was released from the jail, they held a lavish reception with a winter wonderland themed ceremony in December 2015 to celebrate their relationship. In January 2017, she suffered a miscarriage.
Note – She has a son named Jason from an unidentified man.
Race / Ethnicity
40-28-39 in or 102-71-99 cm
12 (US) or 42 (EU)
10 (US) or 40.5 (EU)
Remy Ma has done endorsement work for
- Fashion Nova
- I Wear Glam
- Karen Sabag
Her religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being part of American rapper Fat Joe’s rap group, Terror Squad.
- The highly publicized nearly a decade-long feud with rapper Nicki Minaj.
In 2006, Remy released her debut album, There’s Something About Remy: Based on a True Story. It peaked at #2 on Top Rap Albums in U.S.
Remy Ma hasn’t appeared in any theatrical film till date.
First TV Show
In 2004, Remy made her first TV show appearance as herself in the talk show Media City.
Remy Ma kept her weight in check during her jail term by dieting. She revealed in her interview that as the women jail facility didn’t have a decent gym, she had to rely on restricting her diet to keep her weight from going up.
She then lost about 20 pounds in a month by following a weight loss program called 40 Day Reset. Basically, this program comprises of a scientifically backed diet and lifestyle changes that help in shedding weight. The program developers claim that you won’t have to exercise nor you will have to starve yourself to see weight loss in this program.
Remy Ma Favorite Things
Source – Billboard
Remy Ma Facts
- Remy’s feud with Nicki Minaj started in July 2007 after Minaj released her “Dirty Money” freestyle in which she took some subtle shots on Remy. She would later confront Minaj at a party due to the song.
- Remy and Minaj were reported to be close friends before 2007. Some sources even claimed that they were lovers.
- Remy is the only female member of the Fat Joe’s rap crew, Terror Squad.
- Her first rap performance came in high school. The Def Jam truck was promoting new DMX album in the neighborhood and as part of the promotion, they were holding rap battles between kids. She was the only female competitor.
- In January 2005, she reportedly punched rapper Foxy Brown at a Def Jam office. Foxy had subliminally dissed Remy while performing at one of Jay-Z’s concerts.
- In July 2007, Remy surrendered to the police authorities in relation to a shooting. It was later revealed that she had shot her friend Makeda Barnes-Joseph in the torso on suspicion of stealing 1000 dollars from her. Along with attempted murder, she was also charged with criminal weapon possession, assault and witness tampering.
- In March 2008, she handed down the eight-year prison sentence. She was released in July 2014 after serving 6 years in the jail.
- The producers of her reality show, Love & Hip Hop New York had first pitched the proposal while she was incarcerated in the jail. They wanted to catch the dynamics of Remy and her partner Papoose’s relationship.
- Remy started writing poetry at a very young age to deal with the drug abuse of her family.
- While growing up, she took care of her siblings owing to her family’s rampant drug abuse.
- Listen to Remy on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ VEVO, YouTube VEVO, and iTunes.