|Shwetha Menon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||April 23, 1974|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Shwetha Menon is an Indian actor, model, voice artist, and television anchor who has mainly worked in Malayalam and Hindi language films, while also appearing in several Telugu and Tamil language films. Her film credits include Anaswaram, Pran Jaye Par Shaan Na Jaye, Welcome to Kodaikanal, Asoka, Bandhan, Sandhitha Velai, Keerthi Chakra, Ishq, Dubai, Khatron Ke Khiladi, Paleri Manikyam: Oru Pathirakolapathakathinte Katha, Ab Ke Baras, Tu Bal Bramhachari Main Hoon Kanya Kunwari, Kammara Sambhavam, Maqbool, Rathinirvedam, Dhund: The Fog, 88 Antop Hill, Nehlle Pe Dehlla, Salt N’ Pepper, No. 66 Madhura Bus, Thalsamayam Oru Penkutty, Akeldamayile Pennu, Ivan Megharoopan, Run, Mumbai Police, Naan Avanillai 2, Thunai Mudhalvar, Laptop, 100 Degree Celsius, T. D. Dasan Std. VI B, Appavum Veenjum, Naval Enna Jewel, Oru Kuprasidha Payyan, Black Coffee, Fancy Dress, Kisse Pyaar Karoon, Abraham & Lincoln, Sadhu Miranda, Aakasha Gopuram, Madhya Venal, and City of God. Also, she was crowned Femina Miss India Asia Pacific in 1994.
Shwetha Menon studied at Kendriya Vidyalaya No. 1 located in East Hill, Kozhikode, Kerala.
Actor, Model, Voice Artist, Television Anchor
- Father – T. V. Narayanankutti (Served in the Indian Air Force)
- Mother – Sarada Menon (Housewife)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shwetha Menon has dated –
- Bobby Bhonsle (2004-2007) – She got married to Bollywood model Bobby Bhonsle in the year 2004 but the couple divorced in 2007.
- Sreevalsan Menon (2011-Present) – Shwetha Menon tied the knot with Sreevalsan Menon on June 18, 2011, at the Neythalappurath Sastha Ayappa temple, Valanchery, Kerala. On September 27, 2012, they welcomed their first child together, a daughter named Sabaina Menon, who was born at 5:27 pm at Nanavati Hospital in Mumbai and the delivery was recorded on camera as part of the 2013 drama film Kalimannu. She received criticism from various sources including the Kerala Film Exhibitors for commercializing the most private affair of a woman.
Race / Ethnicity
Shwetha Menon is of Malayali descent.
She has done endorsement work for brands such as Kamasutra.
Shwetha Menon Facts
- Her family hails from Valanchery in the Malappuram district of Kerala.
- In 1991, she made her first film appearance as Catherine in the Malayalam-language film Anaswaram. She co-starred in the film alongside Mammootty.
- Shwetha Menon played Nandaneshwari in the 2001 Hindi-language epic historical drama film Aśoka, a dramatized version of the early life of emperor Asoka, of the Maurya Empire. The film’s lead cast included Shah Rukh Khan, Ajith Kumar, Kareena Kapoor, Hrishitaa Bhatt, and Danny Denzongpa.
- She was cast as Tanya Khurana in the 2003 Hindi thriller-slasher film Dhund: The Fog, starring Amar Upadhyay, Apurva Agnihotri, Aditi Govitrikar, and Irrfan Khan. The film is a remake of the 1997 American slasher film I Know What You Did Last Summer.
- On January 5, 2004, she was charged with insulting the Indian flag at a fashion show as she had allegedly walked the ramp with the tricolor wrapped around her body.
- Along with Mammootty, Mythili, Sreenivasan, and Gowri Munjal, Shwetha Menon co-starred as Cheeru in the 2009 Malayalam-language mystery film Paleri Manikyam: Oru Pathirakolapathakathinte Katha. This role won her the Kerala State Film Award and Filmfare Award South for “Best Actress ” and the Asianet Film Award for “Best Supporting Actress”.
- Shwetha Menon brought to life the character of Maya Krishnan (a single woman who works as a dubbing artist and is also a “foodie”) in the 2011 Malayalam-language romantic comedy film Salt N’ Pepper. For this performance, she bagged the Kerala State Film Award for “Best Actress” as well as got nominated for a Filmfare Award for “Best Actress – Malayalam”.
- She provided vocals to the character of a police officer played by Raashi Khanna in Malayalam action-thriller film Villain (2017).
- In March 2023, she was among 40 people who lost lakhs of rupees in bank fraud. She had received a fake SMS asking her to update PAN card details followed by a fake link.
Featured Image by Shwetha Menon / Instagram