|Simone De La Rue Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||November 21, 1974|
Simone De La Rue is a celebrity fitness trainer who built a large female following including several high profile celebrities due to her result driven exercise classes. She won over her clients by getting them interested in fitness through dance cardio performed to fast-paced music followed by body weight-focused strength training in the second half of the class. She also discourages frequent weight measurement using the scale and only promotes measurement of inches to gauge progress. Simone has a huge social media fan base with more than 300k followers on Instagram.
Simone De La Rue
Exeter, New South Wales, Australia
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- New York City, New York, United States
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Australian (By Birth)
- American (Acquired)
- It is not confirmed if Simone has British citizenship. She expressed interest in settling in London after the birth of her child in 2019 in an interview to the Telegraph. Her child’s father is a British native.
Simone retired from dance in 2010 and studied for NASM-CPT after that. She also got certified by PRONATAL in Pre / Post Natal Exercise and started her first fitness studio in Chelsea, NYC in 2011.
Former Dancer, Personal Trainer, Entrepreneur
- Father – Allan Keith Brooks (Deceased)
- Mother – Anna De La Rue (Psychologist, Marriage Celebrant)
- Siblings – Cameron De La Rue (Younger Brother) (Senior Civil Engineer)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Simone De La Rue has dated –
- Miguel Alfonso Ramon Legarda Ayesa aka MiG Ayesa (2000–2011) – Simone started dating fellow Australian actor and singer of Eurasian origin, Miguel in the year 2000. The couple dated for 2 years before getting married in 2002. After relocating to London, UK followed by Los Angeles for a few years, they settled in New York City when MiG acquired the opportunity to make his Broadway debut in January 2010. He bagged the role of Stacey Jaxx in Rock of Ages which was later reprised by Tom Cruise in a 2012 movie of the same name. By the time MiG finished his world-wide tour of the Rock of Ages, his marriage had broken down, and he parted ways with Simone.
- Mark Thompson (2014–Present) – At the age of 44, Simone announced her first pregnancy due in March 2019 on Instagram with partner Mark. In an interview dated January 2019, Simone revealed that she met him 5 years ago at an airport. While waiting for their respective delayed flights, the couple developed a connection. Mark is a British native who visited Simone in Los Angeles nearly every month until she got pregnant. In 2018, the trainer launched a BBS studio in London and shared her intention to raise her child in London because she badly wanted her kid to have a British accent.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Australian descent and possibly has English and French ancestry.
- Lean and shredded figure
- Broad, convex forehead
- A slightly crooked nose that leans a little towards her left side
- She is the brand ambassador of Under Armour.
- In 2016, Simone launched a custom designed dance cardio shoe in collaboration with Newton Running.
- She runs a chain of fitness studios in LA, NYC, and London identified by the brand name Body by Simone (BBS) and promotes them through various public events.
- The trainer expanded her BBS brand to encompass a bath and body product line, exercise equipment, shoes and accessories along with her workout DVDs and a mobile application.
- Leading activewear brands send Simone free apparel so she can wear and promote their label on social media in case she likes any of them. She has endorsed brands like Alo Yoga.
Best Known For
- Being a celebrity trainer who has trained several Hollywood personalities and Victoria’s Secret models. Some of the A-list celebrities on her roster are Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, Reese Witherspoon, Chrissy Teigen, Anne Hathaway, Naomi Watts, Emily Blunt, Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Garner, and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.
- Featuring on E! network’s reality show Revenge body with Khloé Kardashian since 2017
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut as a victim in an episode of the crime-drama series, Stringers in 1998.
- Simone’s signature workout includes an exercise class that blends dance with Pilates and yoga. To place an increased metabolic demand, she started incorporating movements performed with a Swiss ball, Bosu ball, mini trampolines, resistance bands, and free weights. Typically the trainer gets her daily workout while taking group classes with her clients. She adjusts her calorie consumption according to the number of classes she is scheduled to take in a day.
- All her exercise classes are choreographed to be exceedingly intense, and hence she has forbidden all the trainers in her studios to not take more than 2 classes in succession. Her studio’s signature classes are classified as follows:
- Dance Cardio
- Full Body
- Arms, Back, and Core (ABC)
- Hips, Thighs, and Buns
- Trampoline Cardio
- Simone dislikes the environment of a conventional gym but occasionally visits there to accompany her partner Mark. At the gym, she usually performs a high repetition body part specific workout. For active rest day, Mark and Simone head out for a walk in the park or go hiking. No matter how busy the routine, the trainer still makes sure to get 8-9 hours of sleep every night.
- In diet, Simone revealed that she feels best while consuming a high protein diet and instead of scheduling heavy meals, she prefers to graze mini-meals throughout the day. The following meals represent a sample meal plan in her day:
- Breakfast / (Pre-workout) – Eggs (Poached/Scrambled) with Gluten free toast that has smashed avocado on it, tomato & turkey on the side, green tea or flat white coffee or a stronger cup of coffee in case of a hectic day
- Lunch / Post-Workout – Salmon tacos with lettuce leaves and root vegetables on the side
- Snacks – Hummus and nuts, protein shake, smoothies, granola with yogurt, eggs with bacon or sausages & sweet potato
- Dinner – Chicken with stir fry vegetables (Such as Bok choy with collard greens)
- Dessert – Chocolate
- Simone’s go-to green smoothie recipe comprises of a blend of the following ingredients – 1 cup of almond milk, 2 tablespoon Vanilla Protein Powder (Brand Plant Fusion or Sunwarrior), 1 cup kale, 1 cup spinach, 1 green apple, and ice.
Simone De La Rue Favorite Things
- Workout Type – Dance Cardio
- Short Workout – 10 minutes on the trampoline to drain the lymphatic system
- Activewear Brand – Nike, Sweaty Betty, ALO, Sukishufu, Carbon 38
- Fitness Footwear – Newton Running
- Hair Product – Dry Shampoo
- Hydrating Beverage – Water, Harmless Harvest Coconut Water
- Post-Workout Fuel – Boiled Egg
- Guilty Pleasure – Chocolate, chocolate chip cookie at Soho House, Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice-cream
- Workout Song – Animals by Martin Garrix, songs by Sam Smith, I Know What You Want by Busta Rhymes and Mariah Carey, Changes by 2Pac and Talent, Real Life (Solardo Remix) by Duke Dumont
- Beauty Tip – Sleep for 8 hours
- Places In Dallas, Texas – True Food Kitchen, Cryotherapy at Dallas Wellness Centre
- Fitness Props – BBS Gliders, CLX Theraband
- Products To Aid Relaxation – Diptyque Rose scented candle, Jo Malone White Jasmine and Mint Bath oil, Slip Silk Pillowcase
- Gadget – iPhone
- Dry Shampoo Brand – Klorane, Bumble and Bumble
- Headphones Brand – Beats
- Mascara Brand – Lancôme
- Places In London – The Regent’s Park, Selfridges Store, Liberty Store, Claridge’s Hotel, Soho House
- Eating Places In Los Angeles – My Fit Foods, Fresh Corn Grill, Tender Greens, Pressed Juicery
- NYC Restaurant – Locanda Verde
- Recipe Simone Likes To Cook – Steamed Fish Fillet (Sea Bass or Halibut) with Arugula and Avocado salad with goats cheese and sliced almonds
- Grocery Shop – Trader Joe’s
- Skincare Brand – Goldfaden MD
- Natural Beauty Product – Lavender Oil face cream from Australia
- Sunscreen – Paula’s Choice SPF 50
- Ointment For Rash, Burns, Cracked Skin, Chafing – Lucas Papaw
- Hair Stylist – Lindsay Block
- Make-up Artist – Pati Dubroff
- Book – Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra
Simone De La Rue Facts
- Personal trainer Brooklyn Pascoe and songwriter, Michelle Sharman are Simone’s best friends.
- At the age of 25, she settled in London for 5 years working for the English National Opera. Simone also worked with Kenneth Branagh on a West End production. At the age of 30, she moved to the United States to fulfill her ultimate dream of getting employment in Broadway Theatre, NYC.
- She started her fitness business at the age of 36. Sandra Bullock and Emily Blunt were her first celebrity clients.
- During her dance career, Simone got interested in pilates and yoga exercises and developed a personal routine for warm-up and cool down which kept her injury free compared to the other dancers in her crew.
- At the age of 3, Simone wanted to train in dance, and her mother enrolled her in dance lessons. She started learning ballet followed by jazz and tap. Simone stated in an interview that she longed for her school classes to get over so she could attend her dance lessons after school. Her passion for this craft grew more intense every year, and she acquired the skill to dance in her first pair of pointe shoes at the age of 13.
- When Simone was 18, she auditioned for an Australian dance company and got cast as Victoria / White Cat in a musical production called Cats and got the opportunity to tour Europe and Asia with the crew.
- Sandra Bullock helped Simone decide her brand name Body By Simone (BBS)
- Robert De Niro’s ex-wife, Grace Hightower helped Simone turn an NYC art gallery into her first fitness studio with an investment of $100,000 dollars. After Simone’s business boomed, she purchased Grace’s stake in her company to become a sole owner.
- Before launching her own business, the trainer worked for a fellow celebrity trainer, Tracy Anderson for 2 months. Both women are often pitched as arch-rivals owing to their former background as a dancer.
- The trainer has a fluffy white Maltese pet dog that she likes to take everywhere in her handbag.
- She often calls herself ‘Bi-coastal Barbie’ owing to the amount of traveling she is required to do to monitor the running of all her studios.
- Visit her official website @ www.bodybysimone.com.
- Follow her on Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Simone De La Rue / Instagram