|Sara Khan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||August 6, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sara Khan is an Indian model and actress who made her acting debut by playing the role of Sadhna Rajvansh in the Star Plus drama show Sapna Babul Ka… Bidaai. Over the years, she has been cast in a variety of shows like Sasural Simar Ka, Shakti – Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki, Junoon – Aisi Nafrat Toh Kaisa Ishq, Zara Nachke Dikha, Preet Se Bandhi Ye Dori Ram Milaayi Jodi, Bhagyalaxmi, Hans Baliye, Bigg Boss 4, 10 Ka Dum, Woh Teri Bhabhi Hai Pagle, Welcome – Baazi Mehmaan Nawazi Ki, Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya, Bay Khudi, Nach Baliye 6, Encounter, Woh Apna Sa, Namah, Savdhaan India – India Fights Back, Comedy Nights Bachao, Saubhagyalakshmi, Santoshi Maa – Sunayein Vrat Kathayein, Kavach…Kaali Shaktiyon Se, Dil Boley Oberoi, Jaana Na Dil Se Door, Lock Upp, Saath Nibhaana Saathiya, Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya, Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, Sasural Genda Phool, Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain?, and Sajan Ghar Jaana Hai.
Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Sara Khan completed her school education in Bhopal. She then got enrolled at Mumbai University.
- Father – Her father is a doctor.
- Mother – Seema Khan (Businesswoman)
- Siblings – Aliya Khan (Younger Sister), Arya Khan (Younger Sister), Alisha Khan (Younger Sister)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sara Khan has dated –
- Ashmit Patel (2010) – During her controversial stint in the reality TV show Bigg Boss, Sara was linked with fellow contestant Ashmit Patel. They were often spotted hanging together and were spotted getting close on a couple of occasions as well. She even tore her boyfriend Ali Merchant’s picture in one of the episodes of Bigg Boss, after which she went on to hug Ashmit, thus, giving more wind to their relationship rumors.
- Ali Merchant (2010-2011) – Sara Khan got married to businessman Ali Merchant in an Islamic wedding ceremony that was held on the reality TV show Bigg Boss in 2010. However, their marriage didn’t last much longer. Immediately after her exit from the reality show, it was reported that she was thinking about ending their marriage. It was claimed that he had spent all her life savings that she had kept in a joint account with him. But in 2011, about 2 months into their marriage, they got divorced. Ali Merchant admitted that they had got married for publicity.
- Noor Hassan (2017-Present) – Towards the end of 2017, Sara was linked with Pakistani actor Noor Hassan. They had fallen for each other while working on the Pakistani show Bay Khudi.
Race / Ethnicity
Sara Khan has appeared in a TV commercial for Faiza Beauty Cream.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the leading role in the Star Plus soap opera, Sapna Babul Ka…Bidaai
- Having appeared in other popular Indian TV shows such as Ram Milaayi Jodi, Sasural Simar Ka, and Shakti – Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki
- Her stellar performance in the Pakistani drama soap opera, Bay Khudi
In 2013, she made her theatrical film debut in the leading role in a drama movie, Dark Rainbow but the movie wasn’t released.
Her first appearance in the movie that was seen by the audience was in the musical drama flick, M3 – Midsummer Midnight Mumbai, which was released in May 2014.
First TV Show
In 2007, Sara Khan made her first TV show appearance in the family drama show, Sapna Babul Ka…Bidaai until 2010.
Sara Khan Facts
- Early in her acting career, Sara was roped in to host 3 shows for Madhya Pradesh Doordarshan.
- She managed to win the Miss Bhopal title in 2007.
- In 2008, Sara and her co-star Angad Hasija were nominated for Star Parivar most popular couple award for their work in Sapna Babul Ka…Bidaai.
- She was awarded the Indian Telly Award in the “Best New Actor” category in 2008, for her role in Sapna Babul Ka…Bidaai.
- In 2009, Sara hosted the dance reality show, Dance Premier League.
- She co-starred as Sapna in the 2014 musical-thriller film M3 – Midsummer Midnight Mumbai.
- She brought to life the character of Naila in the 2015 Hindi-language romantic drama film Hamari Adhuri Kahani. It stars Emraan Hashmi, Vidya Balan, Rajkummar Rao, and Madhurima Tuli.
- In 2017, she was honored with the Dadasaheb Phalke Award for her contributions to the TV industry.
- From 2020 to 2021, she appeared as Devi Paulomi (Santoshi Mata’s foe and the Goddess of Jealousy) in the Hindi language socio-mythological television series Santoshi Maa – Sunayein Vrat Kathayein.
- In 2021, she appeared as a contestant in the premiere season of the reality competition television series Lock Upp, hosted by Kangana Ranaut. Sara’s fellow contestants included Munawar Faruqui (winner), Payal Rohatgi (runner-up), Ali Merchant, Chetan Hansraj, Saisha Shinde, Poonam Pandey, Babita Phogat, Shivam Sharma, Nisha Rawal, Sidharth Sharma, Karanvir Bohra, and Vinit Kakar.
Featured Image by www.bollywoodhungama.com / Bollywood Hungama / CC BY-3.0