|Chelsea Handler Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||February 25, 1975|
Chelsea Handler is an American comedian, actress, writer, television host, producer, and activist who has been a part of a number of shows and movies which include Love You, Mean It with Whitney Cummings, The Chelsea Handler Show, Chelsea Lately, My Wife and Kids, National Lampoon Presents Cattle Call, Girls Behaving Badly, The Practice, In the Motherhood, Hop, Call Me Crazy: A Five Film, Will & Grace, This Means War, Fun Size, Uganda Be Kidding Me: Live, and Hello, Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea.
Chelsea Joy Handler
The Sexy Handler
Livingston, New Jersey, United States
Los Angles, California, United States
Chelsea Graduated from Livingstone High School, New Jersey in 1993.
Actress, TV Host, Stand-up Comedian, Author, Producer, Activist
- Father – Seymour Handler (Used car dealer)
- Mother – Rita Stoecker Handler (Homemaker) (Died of cancer)
- Siblings – Chet Handler (Late Brother), Roy Handler (Brother), Sydney Handler (Sister), Glen Handler (Brother), Shoshanna Handler (Sister)
- Others – Jacob Handler (Paternal Grandfather), Yetta Spector (Paternal Grandmother), Karl Max Stoecker/Stöcker (Maternal Grandfather), Elisabeth Alma Schielke (Maternal Grandmother), Teddy (Nephew)
Irving Azoff (Chairman & CEO of Azoff MSG Entertainment)
Stand-up, Television, Film, Books
- Observational Comedy
- Insult Comedy
- Blue Comedy
- Surreal Humor
- Sketch Comedy
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
57 kg or 126 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Chelsea Handler has dated –
- David Alan Grier (2005-2006) – Handler was romantically linked to actor and comedian David Alan Grier. At one time, Grier was quoted as saying, “I think Chelsea Handler is the funniest woman.” Unfortunately, the numbers didn’t really add up for the comedic couple. Grier is actually nearly 20 years older than Handler. The two have reportedly remained close friends for a long time; perhaps they had a bond through humor.
- Ted Harbert (2007-2010) – Handler dated her then-boss and NBC Broadcasting chairman Ted Harbert for close to 4 years. In the end, separating work from pleasure was just too much for the Dynamic Duo.
- 50 Cent (2010) – 50 Cent was probably Handler’s most high-profile affair. The two 39-year-old stars first met when 50 Cent appeared on “Chelsea Lately” in 2009. They dated for a few months, which Handler described in an interview with Oprah Winfrey as “fun … (not the) most serious relationship.” During the interview, she gushed about how attractive and sweet she found the rapper.
- Dave Salmoni (2010) – It was rumored that she had a fling with Dave Salmoni, a Canadian animal trainer, entertainer, and television producer, in the year 2010.
- André Balazs (2011-2013) – Handler’s relationship with hotelier André Balazs came after her relationship with 50 Cent. It is rumored that she and Balazs were on-again and off-again for years.
- Bobby Flay (2016) – After a lot of speculation, Handler finally revealed her romance with the celebrity chef Bobby Flay after the two were spotted together looking cozy. In an interview with Power 105.1’s The Breakfast Club, Handler revealed that she and Flay did actually go on a date, but that the relationship didn’t extend past that.
- Lenny Kravitz – Chelsea and singer-songwriter Lenny Kravitz were known to be an item in the past.
- Jo Koy (2021-Present) – Chelsea was rumored to be dating comedian Jo Koy in 2021. They were first spotted together at a baseball game in August 2021. In September 2021, Chelsea revealed on social media that she was in love and it was later reported that the man in Chelsea‘s life was Jo Koy. She later confirmed her relationship with Jo through an Instagram post.
Race / Ethnicity
Handler is of German and Polish descent on her mother’s side and has Ashkenazi Jewish roots on her father’s side.
- Blue eyes
- Lean and toned figure
36-27-35 in or 91.5-68.5-89 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
She has endorsed brands like T-mobile, Belvedere Vodka, Elizabeth Arden fragrances, Dog for Dog website among many others.
She has been seen in Netflix ads.
Although her mother was Mormon, she was raised in Reform Judaism.
Best Known For
- “Chelsea Lately” her late-night talk show that’s watched by millions around the world
- Authored 4 Books that hit #1 in the New York Times Bestseller List
- Named the most-watched women in comedy, proclaimed “queen of comedy” by Vanity Fair
In 2006, she had her first theatrical film appearance in the comedy film Cattle Call for her role as Nikita.
First TV Show
In 2001, Chelsea was seen on NBC’s hidden camera reality series Spy TV in various roles.
She released her first book My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One Night Stands in 2005 via Bloomsbury USA.
She takes help from Ben Bruno who describes Handler as a maniac on the sleds.
See her workout with Bruno on the sled.
Regarding diet, Chelsea eats fresh wholesome foods-avoiding anything processed-whenever possible.
Chelsea Handler Favorite Things
- Food – Sushi, Ceviche, Hummus
- TV Shows – Downton Abbey, Girls (2012-2017)
- Songs – Album titled, “The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars” by David Bowie.
- Color – Chocolate Brown
- Books – The Fountainhead, Mawson’s Will, One Thousand White Women
- Movies – By the Sea (2015), Porky’s (1981)
Chelsea Handler Facts
- She was named Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World in 2012.
- Handler’s oldest brother, Chet, was killed in a hiking accident in the Grand Tetons in July 1984 at the age of 22. She was just 9 at that time.
- Handler’s career as an actress didn’t really take off when she relocated at the age of 19 from New Jersey to Los Angeles. As a result, she waited table up until the age of 26 to make-ends-meet.
- She started her stand-up comedy career at 21 after she told her DUI story to her class, who actually found it hilarious.
- She is BFFs with A-lister actresses Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston.
- Her first book couldn’t reach #1 on the New York Times Best Seller List. But, her next 4 books did hit the #1 level.
- Her memoir, My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands, was released in June 2005.
- She has also been friends with Mary McCormack, Jenny McCarthy, Diablo Cody, and Jason Biggs.
- Chelsea had an abortion when she was 16.
- After Joan Rivers, Chelsea is the second woman to host a late-night US talk show. Over the course of her late-night career, she has interviewed A-listers like Jennifer Aniston, Gwyneth Paltrow, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, and more.
- She has a deep love of all things rap, as documented on her talk show where she has invited R&B artists quite frequently.
- She supported Hillary Clinton in the 2016 United States presidential election and has often criticized Donald Trump.
- She was honored with the prestigious “Ally for Equality Award” by the Human Rights Campaign, for her huge efforts and commitment to make the lives of LGBT people better.
- She prefers all her cars to be of the chocolate brown color as that is her favorite color.
- In October 2020, she publicly stated that she was having ‘deep s**ual feelings’ for the Governor of New York, Andrew Cuomo.
- In November 2020, she uploaded a topless video on her Instagram with “I Voted” stickers on her breasts and encouraged her fans to vote as well.
- She was offered to pose n*de for Playboy but she turned down the offer.
- She has watched Terms of Endearment, a 1983 family comedy-drama film, multiple times.
- In March 2021, she suffered a torn meniscus and broken toes from skiing.
Featured Image by David Shankbone / Wikipedia / CC BY 3.0