|Coco Rocha Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 10, 1988|
Coco Rocha is a Canadian fashion model who is regarded as one of the first “digital” supermodels and has worked with several well-known designers and fashion houses like Jean-Paul Gaultier, Marc Jacobs, Balenciaga, Chanel, Versace, Yves Saint Laurent, Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, Lanvin, Anna Sui, Zac Posen, and Stella McCartney. Moreover, she is known for her activism and has spoken out against the prevalence of eating disorders in the modeling industry.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
New York City, New York, United States
Coco attended Dixon Elementary School, Tomekichi Homma Elementary School, and Hugh McRoberts Secondary School, Richmond, British Columbia.
- Siblings – She has 2 siblings.
- Others – Francis “Frank” Haines (Paternal Grandfather), Catherine Welsh (Paternal Grandmother)
She has been represented by –
- ModelQuest (Mother Agency)
- Wilhelmina Models
- Storm Model Management
- Elite Model Management – Milan
- Elite Model Management – Toronto
- Elite Model Management – Copenhagen
- Elite Model Management – London
- UNO Models – Barcelona
- Marilyn Agency
- Model Management Hamburg
- Specs Model Management – Montreal
- Nomad Management – Los Angeles
- Nomad Management – New York
- Nomad Management – Miami Beach
- Women Management – New York
- Women Management – Milan
- Women Management – Paris
- Modelwerk – Hamburg
- Vivien’s Model Management – Sydney
- Spot 6 Management – Toronto
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- James Conran (2007-Present) – The New York-based Interior Designer, James Conran is the one whom Coco started dating in 2007. He decorated and painted her NY apartment and they eventually fell in love with each other. On June 9, 2010, they got married. The couple has a daughter named Ioni James Conran (b. 2015) and a son named Iver Eames Conran. On November 22, 2020, Coco gave birth to a daughter named Iley Ryn. The couple prefers to name their kids starting with ‘I’.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Irish, Ukrainian, English, and Welsh descent.
33-24-34 in or 84-61-86.5 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
7 (US) or 4.5 (UK) or 37.5 (EU)
Coco Rocha has walked the ramps and appeared in the advertisements for Albion, Americana Manhasset, Balenciaga, Banana Republic, Barney’s, Benpin, Calvin Klein ‘CK One’ fragrance, Chanel, Chanel Paris-London, Christian Dior, Christian Dior eyewear, Christian Lacroix, Coca Cola – Diet Coke, D&G, De Beers, Diesel, Dolce & Gabbana, Dolce & Gabbana eyewear, Esprit, Gap CFDA, H&M, Hermès, Lanca fragrance, Lanvin, Le Carré Hermès, Liz Claiborne, Longchamp, MCM, MINE, Nicole Farhi, Phi, Rimmel, Senhoa, The Gap, Tommy Hilfiger, Uniqlo, Voice of Voice, White House Black Market, Yves Saint Laurent ‘Elle’ fragrance, Yves Saint Laurent cosmetics, Zac Posen, etc.
Best Known For
Her modeling and walking ramps for various brands
In 2011, she appeared in a short documentary film “Letter to Haiti”. It was premiered in October 2011 in Toronto and in December 2011 in New York.
First TV Show
Her debut TV show was actually a fashion show, Ready to Wear – Spring/Summer 2005. After that, she appeared in this fashion show every year.
As a guest judge, she appeared on the “America’s Next Top Model” show on October 19, 2011, alongside Tyra Banks.
Coco has not made any hard and fast rule that she has to follow. Instead, she just does the workout (without any trainer) and focuses on her diet also. She never skips her breakfast and takes a healthy lunch. Her dinner is a good solid one. Snacks are the ones that are not on her diet list.
Coco Rocha Favorite Things
- Favorite Song – Right now? You’re in my heart / Rod Stewart
- Favorite Color – Pink
Coco Rocha Facts
- Coco’s hobby is Irish step dancing.
- She has appeared in the 2008 Pirelli calendar.
- Coco was discovered at the age of 14 in a Celtic-dance competition.
- Coco Rocha’s family is in the airline industry. Her mother is a flight attendant and her father is a ticket manager.
- Her wedding dress was designed by Zac Posen, an American fashion designer.
- She had outspoken about the eating disorders in the modeling industry. Most of the models suffer from Anorexia.
- She regularly updates her blog, which is oh-so-coco.tumblr.com.
- She has been declared as among the top 30 models of the 2000s by Vogue Paris.
- Behati Prinsloo is her close friend.
- Rocha was given the Seventeen Body Peace award by Seventeen magazine, in November 2010.
- She was one of 21 high fashion models mentioned in Kanye West‘s 2010 song Christian Dior Denim Flow.
- On Google+, she became the first high fashion model to have more than 1 million followers in April 2012. However, later Google+ service was shut down.
- Over the years, she has appeared on the covers of various magazines including American, Brazilian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Mexican, and Spanish Vogue, Russian, Australian, Singaporean, Chinese, Vietnamese, Serbian, Thai, Brazilian, and Mexican Harper’s Bazaar, Flare, Fashion, Numéro, L’Officiel, W, Dazed & Confused, i-D, and Time Style & Design.