Freida Selena Pinto
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Freida attended Carmel of St. Joseph School in Malad, Mumbai.
She majored in English literature and minored in Psychology and Economics from St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai.
She learned acting from The Barry John’s Acting Studio in Andheri, Mumbai.
- Father – Frederick (Senior branch manager at Bank of Baroda)
- Mother – Sylvia (Principal of St. John’s High School in Goregaon)
- Siblings – Sharon (Older Sister) (Associate producer of news channel, NDTV)
As a model, she was signed to Elite Model Management India.
5 ft 5½ in or 166 cm
56 kg or 123.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Pinto dated –
- Dev Patel (2009-Present) – Freida started dating Dev Patel (British actor) when she met him on the set of Slumdog Millionaire in 2009. He is 6 years her junior. Pinto was already engaged to some other man before meeting Dev. So, she broke her engagement to date this British actor.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Indian ethnicity.
33-25-34 in or 84-63.5-87 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
10 (US) or 40.5 (EU)
As a model, she has modeled for brands like Airtel, eBay, DeBeers, Škoda, Visa, Vodafone India, and Wrigley’s Chewing Gum.
She is also the ambassador of Plan USA’s I Am A Girl.
Pinto was announced as the ambassador for Audemars Piguet in July 2015.
Best Known For
Playing Latika in the 2008 British drama film Slumdog Millionaire. The film directed by Danny Boyle received numerous Oscar nominations.
She appeared in 2008 drama film Slumdog Millionaire for her role as Latika. The film received numerous awards.
Freida takes good care of her diet. She keeps a check on her diet regularly.
To make herself look glowing, she drinks vegetable juices, which she makes herself. To make it taste a little bit different, she adds coriander and pepper.
In general, she eats fruits and other healthy stuff, but she takes, even more, care of her eating habits if she is preparing a desired body for a film. She sometimes even skips fruits as they contain sugar.
Freida also drinks a lot of water.
Freida Pinto Favorite Things
Source – IMDb
Freida Pinto Facts
- Pinto was born in Mumbai to a Mangalorean Catholic family.
- She wanted to become an actress since 5 but made a firm decision about it after seeing Sushmita Sen winning the Miss Universe 1994 title at that time.
- In school, Freida was active in sports and also sang in the choir.
- She knows various dance forms such as Salsa and Classical Indian dance.
- Freida has modeled for four years.
- Pinto auditioned for the role of Bond girl for the 2008 film Quantum of Solace, but somehow it went to Olga Kurylenko.
- She switches her time in her home at Mumbai (India), London (England) and Los Angeles (United States).
- She and Emma Stone were also considered for the role of Amber in the 2011 film Sucker Punch, but it finally went to Jamie Chung.
- Know more about Freida on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.