|Jackie Cruz Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 8, 1986|
Jackie Cruz is an American actor, singer, voice actor, producer, and former model who is known for playing Marisol “Flaca” Gonzales in the Netflix comedy-drama series Orange Is the New Black and Rhea in the crime comedy-drama series Good Girls. Moreover, she has also been cast in other shows and movies such as Unforgettable, Blue Bloods, A Nice Girl Like You, I Love Us, My Own Worst Enemy, Tremors: Shrieker Island, The Shield, 13 Steps, Midnight in the Switchgrass, Faraway Eyes, Nuevo Rico, Lansky, and Kourtney & Khloé Take Miami.
Jackie, Jackie Chavez
Queens, New York City, New York, United States
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Jackie studied at the Alexander Hamilton High School (also known as Hamilton Music Academy), a public high school located in Los Angeles, California.
Actor, Singer, Voice Actor, Producer, Model
Jackie Cruz has been signed with –
- Agency for the Performing Arts, Drama and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- The Katz Company
- Untitled Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Slash Agency
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
57 kg or 126 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Jackie Cruz has dated –
- Fernando Garcia – Actor and artist Fernando Garcia and Jackie Cruz are considered to be the cutest couple. Jackie continually posts pictures of them on her Instagram. The couple has regularly been seen making public appearances and he has even appeared in Jackie’s cover song on YouTube. They tied the knot in August 2020. In December 2021, the couple revealed that they were expecting twins. They welcomed twins (a boy and a girl) in March 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
Jackie has Dominican Republic ancestry.
She told the website AfterEllen in 2016: “I like the person whether it’s a woman—we don’t like to be labeled. I’m in a relationship with a man right now, but I’ve liked women in the past. So I guess we don’t want to be labeled. We don’t really talk about it, but the actions speak louder than words, am I right? So you’re seeing it. You’re living it.”
- Often seen wearing a nose ring
- The front fringes of Jackie’s hair and her signature hairstyle
Jackie has endorsed the following brands –
Best Known For
Playing the character of Marisol “Flaca” Gonzales in Orange is The New Black, a comedy-drama Netflix series by Jenji Kohan.
As a Singer
Jackie released her first EP independently in 2010 called Hollywood Gypsy.
Jackie made her first theatrical movie appearance in the drama film 13 Steps in 2016. She played the character Izar.
First TV Show
In 2007, Jackie made her television show debut as Graciela in the drama series The Shield.
Jackie trains with Michael and celebrity trainer Anna Kaiser. Her workouts are usually high on energy and are fun-filled. Jackie occasionally shares pictures of her workout on Instagram. She also does interval training and incorporates dancing into her workout routine.
Jackie dislikes running in particular and even running on the treadmill. She finds it time-consuming and tedious. Her workouts are more resistance based including tic-tac abdominal exercise, donkey kicks with the help of a resistance band amongst other exercises.
Jackie Cruz Favorite Things
- Artist – Elvis Presley, Etta James, Tracy Chapman, Elvis Costello, and Fiona Apple
- Make-up Products – Chantecaille Le Stylo Ultra Slim Liquid Eyeliner, MAC matte lipsticks, Living Luminizer by RMS beauty
- Skincare Product – Virtual Medspa by Theresa Pinson
- Eatery – Sake Bar Decibel
- Selena Gomez Song – Como La Flor
Jackie Cruz Facts
- She is bi-lingual and can speak English and Spanish fluently.
- Her celebrity crush is Johnny Depp.
- Although she was born in New York, she was primarily raised in the Dominican Republic and California.
- She worked as a waitress in a restaurant in New York City called “Lavo” when she was a recurring character on Orange Is the New Black. The extensive and long hours of the shooting eventually got her fired.
- Jackie is a TEDx speaker.
- She was not a regular cast member of Orange is the New Black until the 4th season.
- She decided to choose acting as her profession at the age of 7 after she saw Whitney Houston in The Bodyguard.
- Jackie’s mother left her education to be a doctor mid-way to help Jackie relocate and pursue her dream of being an actor.
- She had a car accident when her friend was trying to race with another car which left her in a coma for 72 hours.
- Jackie has two pet dogs named Elvis and Picasso, who have their own Instagram pages.
- She is a member of the band Crosby Street and was previously part of an all-girl band called Krush Velvet.
- In 2020, she was cast in the recurring role of Rhea in the crime comedy-drama television series Good Girls.
- She appeared as Dafne in the 2021 biographical crime drama film Lansky, starring Harvey Keitel, Sam Worthington, AnnaSophia Robb, Minka Kelly, and others.
- Alongside Danny A. Abeckaser, Katie Cassidy, Jasper Polish, Harlow Jane, and Robert Davi, she co-starred as Ruby Ellis in the 2021 romantic crime drama film I Love Us.
Featured Image by Jackie Cruz / Instagram