|Jonathan Scott Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 28, 1978|
Jonathan Scott is a talented Canadian TV star, licensed contractor, illusionist, film producer, singer, and entrepreneur. He is noted to be the twin brother of the popularly known Drew Scott. Jonathan has contributed to the release of several publications, songs, TV shows, and is also a magician. He also runs his very own furniture line called Scott Living. As a producer, he has created many shows such as the Property Brothers, Brother vs. Brother, DIY Insider (2015), and HGTV Insider (2015). He also has a huge fan following with more than 3 million followers on Instagram and more than 1.5 million followers on Twitter.
John Ian Scott
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Jonathan studied at the Thomas Haney Secondary School. He also attended classes at the Parks and Recreation Department. Later, he started studying at the University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, where he began studying business management.
He later got a transfer to the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology where he studied construction and design and then attended the Home Builders Institute of Alberta to become a licensed contractor.
He also attended the Company of Rogues Actors’ Studio in Calgary, Alberta. Jonathan also trained himself with the Tarbell Course in Magic and learned the acts of illusionists, David Wilson and Shawn Farquhar, carefully.
TV Star, Contractor, Illusionist, Film Producer, Singer, and Entrepreneur
- Father – James Scott (Actor, Stuntman, Assistant Director)
- Mother – Joanne Scott (Paralegal)
- Siblings – Drew Scott (Identical Twin Younger Brother) (TV Actor, Producer, Realtor, Entrepreneur, Singer, Author, and Host), JD Scott (Older Brother) (Host, Entrepreneur)
Jonathan is represented by Scott Brothers Entertainment.
Jonathan has released his music through his own label Sb Publications.
His net worth was estimated at a combined total of $20 million in 2018.
6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
92 kg or 203 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jonathan has dated –
- When he was in grade 8, he and his brother Drew were in a relationship with a pair of sisters. However, the brothers got annoyed and parted ways.
- Kelsy Ully (2007-2013) – On July 7, 2007, Jonathan got married to WestJet crew’s Kelsy who started working at a day club and also modeled after they moved to Las Vegas in 2008. However, it wasn’t long before tensions started to rise in between the two, after which she removed him from her relationship status on Facebook. Later, in 2013, the couple parted ways and the incident took a toll on Jonathan.
- Jacinta Kuznetsov (2015-2018) – Development Producer Jacinta Kuznetsov and Jonathan started dating after they met in the fall of 2015. The couple lived together along with his brother Drew and wife Linda Phan in Las Vegas. However, after Drew and Linda moved to Los Angeles, Jonathan and Jacinta did not last very long and ended their relationship in 2018. According to Jonathan’s family, the two were good people but just not right for each other.
- Zooey Deschanel (2019-Present) – Jonathan reportedly started dating singer and entrepreneur, Zooey Deschanel in September 2019. Jonathan, smitten by Zooey had been leaving cute comments on her Instagram post which showed his affection towards the beautiful lady. The duo commenced seeing each other on September 13, when they met during the picturization of an episode of Carpool Karaoke. They were later seen at Little Dom’s restaurant in California and also during the taping of Dancing With the Stars. There were some engagement rumors in November 2020 which were rejected by both of them. The couple announced their engagement in August 2023.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Scottish descent.
Dark Brown (Natural)
- Crooked Smile
- Tall height
He has appeared in the commercial for several brands such as –
- Molson Canadian which was featured during the Grey Cup
- Tide-Oxi (2014)
- Chase (2017)
- PSA for “World Vision” titled Child Labor
- Dish Network
- HGTV commercial for “Insider Secrets”
- XFinity X1
Best Known For
- Co-writing 2 books It Takes Two: Our Story (2017) and their The New York Times bestselling book Dream Home: The Property Brothers’ Ultimate Guide to Finding & Fixing Your Perfect House (2016)
- Co-Producing and co-hosting the show Property Brothers and Brother vs. Brother
- Starring as a co-anchor on the news talk-show Today
As a Singer
Jonathan has contributed his voice to the release of two country songs Hold On (2016) and Let the Night Shine In (2015).
He and his brother also released several other singles including You Chose Me (2018) and My House (2017).
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut as the Blue Beret in The X-Files in 1994.
Jonathan Scott’s Favorite Things
- Part About Renovating Homes – That jaw-dropping moment when a customer is delighted to see their home looking beautiful and to give them a heartfelt hug.
- Holiday – Christmas, Halloween
- Family Tradition – Family game nights
- Dish – Haggis
- Snack – Hawkins Cheezies
- All-Time Favorite Book – Bossypants by Tina Fey
Jonathan Scott’s Facts
- He was born just 4 minutes before his younger brother Drew.
- In 2001, he and his brother Drew began flipping homes.
- Jonathan moved to Alberta when he was 14 years old, but due to his dropping grades, his parents brought him back to Maple Ridge to complete his schooling. Later, he moved to Calgary to attend college.
- In the past, he was given the post of an executive board member for the Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television, and Radio Artists.
- In 2002, he co-founded the independent film production company Dividian Production Group. However, in 2010, they changed its name to Scott Brothers Entertainment.
- Jonathan and Drew are both identical twins and not fraternal twins.
- Jonathan is an inch taller than his brother Drew.
- Before he and his brother Drew were born, their mother had no idea that she was going to have twins and their heartbeats were beating in sync.
- He was 7 years old when he co-started his first business called JAM Enterprises. Later, their nylon-coated hangers were sold at an American store in Japan. JAM stood for “Jon, Andrew, and Mom”.
- Jonathan was not born into a wealthy family. However, his hard work paid off.
- He is fond of keeping dogs that are small in size and has 2 two of his own named Gracie and Stewie.
- In 2015, he co-founded Scott Living and began selling his home decor products on QVC. In 2016, their brand was estimated at around $100 million.
- As a teenager, his father James wanted to be a cowboy and followed by that passion, he shifted to Canada in order to settle down as one.
- In the past, he became part of the Academy of Magical Arts, the Vancouver Magic Circle, and the International Brotherhood of Magicians. At the age of 16, he held the “3rd Best Stage Performer” title during the Pacific Coast Association of Magicians competition.
- Jonathan and his brother bought their first house at the age of 18 with a down payment of $250. A year later, they sold the house for a profit of $50,000.
- In the past, he was asked to star in The Bachelor, but he refused the offer.
- Jonathan attained a 2nd-degree black belt in Shotokan karate and has won 13 times at the Canadian Karate Championship and 9 times at the BC Martial Arts championship.
- Growing up, Jonathan competed as a bagpiper and had won many medals for it.
- Jonathan is also a talented sketch comedian.
- He was 3 years old when he started riding horses.
- Jonathan’s celebrity crush is actresses Christina Applegate, Alicia Vikander, and Tyra Banks. He also had posters of the 2 actresses hidden behind his wardrobe door.
- In 2011, he and his twin brother Drew Scott were featured on the “Hottest Bachelor” list by ET Canada.
- In 2013, he and his brothers co-founded a radio show called Off Topic with the Scott Brothers that was featured on Canada’s Corus Entertainment.
- He is a passionate medieval weapons collector.
- Jonathan also collects magic artifacts, unique chess sets, and has a significant coin collection.
- In 2014, he was included in People‘s list of “Men of the Year”.
- In 2015, Jonathan co-hosted a carnival cruise called Sailing With The Scotts. They traveled to Miami, Cozumel, and Key West.
- At the age of 12, Jonathan attended American magician David Copperfield‘s performance in Vancouver and since then, he has been inspired by his incredible skills.
- In school, Jonathan was on the basketball and volleyball team. He also led the student government as well as the graduation committee.
- Jonathan also helps raise money for charities and assists with the poor and needy by performing magic tricks.
- In the past, he and Drew joined former First Lady Michelle Obama on Let’s Read Let’s Move‘s 5th annual campaign.
- In 2016, he was seen getting into a squabble at a bar in Fargo, North Dakota during their closing time and was held by the bouncers at the bar until the police came.
- He also used to upload vine videos alongside his brother Drew and worked with several other viners such as BrittleStar, NeatDude, and Gregor Reynolds.
- Along with Zooey Deschanel, Jonathan bought a house in California in May 2020.
- He describes himself in these 3 words – Absolutely, Utterly, Spontaneous.
- If he wasn’t on HGTV, he would have been a magician.
- Talking about joints, he is very flexible. He can bend almost all the joints of his body in any way possible.
- He doesn’t have time to watch television. So, he doesn’t have any favorite TV show either.
- Jonathan is great at playing basketball, volleyball, and tennis. According to him, he can beat many people out there even if he is out of practice and goes without playing tennis for 10 straight years.
- His 3 celebrity dinner guests would be Tom Hanks, Bruno Mars, and Benicio Del Toro.
- If he has to sum up his life in a hashtag, it would be #NotDoneYet.
- If he is allowed to take 3 things to a desert island, he would take a multi-tool so that he could build a home to live in and his 2 fur animals (dogs) Gracie and Stewie.
- He is a good cook and likes to present his dish in the best way possible.
- He also has a secret family recipe for Caesar salad.
Featured Image by U.S. Department of Education / Flickr / CC BY-2.0