|Katie Stevens Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||December 8, 1992|
Katie Stevens is an American actor, singer, and songwriter who rose to fame after she appeared as a contestant on the 9th installment of American Idol in 2010 and finished in 8th place. Since then, she has been cast in film and television roles such as Karma Ashcroft in the MTV romantic comedy series Faking It, Harper in the slasher film Haunt, Jane Sloan in the Freeform comedy-drama series The Bold Type, Gina DeMaio in the independent comedy film Friends and Romans, Lindsey Willows in an episode titled Immortality of the CBS procedural forensics crime drama series CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Avery in the supernatural horror film Polaroid, Alexis Martin in an episode titled The Hammer of Destiny of the comedy series I’ll Bring the Awkward, and Lee in an episode titled Two Doors Down of the anthology dramedy Dolly Parton’s Heartstrings.
Katherine Mari Stevens
Southbury, Connecticut, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
In June 2010, she graduated from Pomperaug High School in Southbury.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor
- Father – Mark Stevens
- Mother – Clara (née Francisco) Stevens
- Siblings – Ryan Stevens (Brother)
- Others – Joseph S. Stevens (Paternal Grandfather), Mary C. Zeidler/Ziedler (Paternal Grandmother), José Francisco (Maternal Grandfather), Rita C. Serra (Maternal Grandmother)
Katie Stevens has been signed with PMK*BNC, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United State.
Vocals, piano, cello, flute, guitar
She is not signed with any record label.
5 ft 2½ in or 159 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Katie Stevens has dated –
- Paul DiGiovanni – Boys Like Girls‘ guitarist Paul DiGiovanni and Katie are in a long-term relationship. She already knew him when she was 14 as she went to one of his shows. But, they didn’t get to talk at that time. 7 years later, they talked for the first time. She revealed her engagement with Paul in January 2018 via an Instagram Story. After 4 years of dating, the couple got married in October 2019. In November 2022, it was revealed that they were expecting their first child together.
Race / Ethnicity
Katie Stevens is of German and English descent on her father’s side and has Portuguese ancestry on her mom’s side.
34-25-33 in or 86-63.5-84 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 5 (UK) or 38 (EU)
Best Known For
Finishing 8th in the 9th season of Fox’s singing competition series American Idol
As a Singer
She has written many songs. Until November 2010, she had written 9 songs.
In 2013, she first appeared in the short drama film Running Up That Hill for her role as a “Girl at Party.”
First TV Show
As an actress, her first TV show was the comedy series I’ll Bring the Awkward for her role as Alexis Martin in an episode entitled “The Hammer of Destiny.”
Her workout routine is not known. But, she has been an active runner and swimmer in high school. So, Katie has toned legs and even butt. She believes her booty’s nice and round shape is due to genetic reasons.
Katie Stevens Favorite Things
- Food – Sushi
- Holiday – Christmas
- Video Game – Crash Bandicoot
Katie Stevens Facts
- At Greater Watertown Scholarship Pageant, Katie received the title of 2009 Westbury Outstanding Teen.
- She knows Portuguese and English and can also speak Spanish.
- She can order wine and coffee in the French language.
- At an aunt’s wedding, she sang Shania Twain‘s song “From This Moment On.” At that time, she was 7.
- She started singing at the age of 3.
- For four years, she was a part of her high school’s swimming team.
- Katie’s Faking It co-star, Rita Volk also auditioned for the role of Karma Ashcroft in the MTV comedy, Faking It. But, as we know, the role went to Katie.
- Talking about her style icons, Meryl Streep is one of them.
- She is best friends with Rita Volk.
- In the past, she has worked at the cupcake bakery chain, Sprinkles Cupcakes.
- In August 2009, she participated in the 9th season of American Idol where she finally finished at #8 before getting eliminated. When she auditioned at the show, Victoria Beckham was the guest judge.
- She wanted to be a chef and not a singer as she is really good at cooking. So, if she wasn’t a singer, she definitely would have been a chef and release a cookbook.
- She feels sexiest in underwear and a t-shirt.
- She has a girl crush on Scarlett Johansson, Sofia Vergara, and Jennifer Aniston as she likes their bodies.
- In 2017, she was seen in the music video of How Not To by Dan + Shay.
- In 2019, Katie had found a lump in her breast. She got it checked after her The Bold Type‘s character Jane Sloan had experience with the BRCA gene mutation. Luckily, it was in the early stage and she got it removed soon after otherwise, it could have developed into breast cancer.
- From 2017 to 2021, she brought to life the character of Jane Sloan, a writer at Scarlet magazine, in The Bold Type. She co-starred in the show alongside Aisha Dee, Meghann Fahy, Sam Page, Matt Ward, Melora Hardin, Stephen Conrad Moore, and Nikohl Boosheri.
- After turning 20, she had her first peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
- After turning 16, she started working as a busser at a restaurant.
- Her aunt had a cat named Frank and Louie who was in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the longest-surviving Janus cat (born with two faces) in 2012.
- She used to play flute and cello in middle school.
- While in high school, she was at a house party and police broke inside. She had to hide in the linen closet.
- She has been to Disney World over 20 times.
- Katie lost her grandmother to Alzheimer’s in 2015. Since that time, she has started Alzheimer’s awareness and research.
- When she goes to watch movies at the theaters, her usual order is diet Coke and popcorn which she doesn’t share with anyone. If she feels like, she also orders Milk Duds or Buncha Crunch.
- When she was 9 years old, she went to watch her first concert which was of Britney Spears.
- She can complete simple math problems within a restricted time.
- She is a ride-or-die fan of Green Bay Packers.
- When she was 6, she got bitten by a dog on her nose.
- She has a scar near her eye due to dog bite.
- Katie loves dogs more than people.
- She loves traveling, however, she dislikes flying.
- She has a female dog named Winnie.
- Katie used to go to dance classes. She went there for 5 years.
- If she is allowed to take only 1 movie to a deserted island, it would be the one directed by Rob Reiner.
- In the future, she would prefer living in Portugal.
- She sometimes searches on Google regarding what would happen next while watching a movie.