|Marlon Wayans Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 0½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 23, 1972|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Marlon Wayans is a multi-talent personality. He is an actor, screenwriter, comedian, and film producer from New York, America. He started his career in 1988 with the film I’m Gonna Git You Sucka. Until rapper Tupac Shakur’s death in 1996, Marlon was a very good friend of his. Marlon supports the American football team Pittsburgh Steelers and basketball team New York Knicks.
Marlon Lamont Wayans
New York City, New York, United States
Marlon Wayans studied at the Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts. After graduating from high school, he got enrolled at the Howard University in 1990. He studied there till 1992 before dropping out to pursue acting.
Actor, comedian, film producer, screenwriter
- Father – Howell Stouten Wayans (Supermarket Manager)
- Mother – Elvira Alethia Green (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Kim Wayans (Older Sister) (Actress, Comedian, Producer, Writer, Director), Dwayne Wayans (Older Brother) (Film Score Composer), Damon Wayans (Older Brother) (Actor, Comedian, Writer), Keenen Ivory Wayans (Older Brother) (Actor, Comedian, Filmmaker), Shawn Wayans (Older Brother) (Actor, Producer, Writer, Comedian), Nadia Wayans (Older Sister) (Actress). Overall, he has 9 older siblings.
- Others – Paul Otto Wayans (Paternal Grandfather), Lillian Victoria Howell (Paternal Grandmother), Ivory Garrett Green (Maternal Grandfather), Elvira Brown (Maternal Grandmother)
Marlon Wayans is represented by Beverly Hills-based United Talent Agency.
6 ft 0½ in or 184 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Marlon Wayans has dated
- Salli Elise Richardson – Marlon is reported to have dated actress Salli Elise Richardson in the early 90s. However, as per reports, their relationship lasted for a very short while.
- Simply Jess – He was romantically linked with TV personality Simply Jess in the past.
- Tami Roman – Wayans first met TV personality Tami Roman while he was studying at the Howard University. They started dating soon after. While she was appearing in The Real World, it was claimed that Wayans had got Roman pregnant and she had to undergo an abortion.
- Angelica Zachary (2001-2013) – Marlon started dating Angelica Zachary in 2001. They reportedly got married in 2005. However, the wedding date is disputed. During the course of their marriage, Angelica gave birth to a son, Shawn Howell Wayans, who was named after Marlon’s older brother, and a daughter Amai Zackary Wayans. They decided to end their relationship and marriage in 2013. But, their separation was amicable and they continue to work together to raise their children.
- Essence Atkins – Actress and model, Essence Atkins and Marlon were rumored to be dating in the past. But, Essence clarified in a radio interview that a romance has never happened and is never possible between her and Marlon. She also doesn’t want to negatively affect her professional life with Marlon for a momentary fling.
Race / Ethnicity
He has African American ancestry.
- Prominent nose
- Chiseled jawline
Marlon Wayans has appeared in the TV commercials for the following products –
- Vitamin Water
- Collect 1-800 ATT
Best Known For
- Having appeared in the popular American sitcom, The Wayans Bros. along with his brother Shawn Mayans.
- Being cast in an important role in the psychological drama movie, Requiem for a Dream, which featured Jared Leto and Jennifer Connelly in the leading roles. The movie was highly acclaimed for its take on various forms of drug addiction.
- Having appeared in a series of commercially successful and popular movies such as Scary Movie, Scary Movie 2, White Chicks, and G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra.
In 1988, Marlon made his theatrical film debut in the action parody movie, I’m Gonna Git You Sucka.
First TV Show
In 1992, Marlon Wayans made his first TV show appearance in the youth-oriented show, The Word.
Marlon Wayans regularly works out to keep himself in great shape even in advancing age. He usually hits the gym about 5 to 6 days a week. Some days, he doesn’t feel like hitting the gym but he keeps going on as working out boosts his energy and keeps him sharp.
In the gym, he often mixes his workout routine to keep himself engaged. However, he leans heavily on the circuit training principles for his workout plans. He has also added yoga to his workout regime. He claims that yoga loosens up his muscles and is a perfect way to end a day. Later, he also started doing hot Pilates.
When he is traveling, he relies on a variety of workout videos to keep himself in shape. He usually relies on Insanity, Beachbody, and P90X for his on the road workouts.
Marlon Wayans Favorite Things
- Comedians – Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy
- Movie – The Bridges of Madison County (1995)
- Rappers – Nas, Biggie, Jay-Z
- Restaurants – Catch NYC, Madeo, the General
- TV Show – The Walking Dead
- In Living Color Sketch – Homey the Clown sketches
- Comedy Movies – Coming to America, Liar Liar, The Nutty Professor, Beverly Hills Cop, Airplane, Hollywood Shuffle, Groundhog’s Day, I’m Gonna Get You Sucka
Marlon Wayans Facts
- He got his first job at the age of 11. He was employed at a pizza shop.
- He was signed up for the role of Robin/Dick Grayson in the action superhero movie, Batman Forever as Tim Burton was keen on him. But when Burton was replaced by Joel Schumacher, he decided to cast Chris O’Donnell instead.
- As he had already signed the contract for Batman Forever, he received a penalty fee from the producers. He also receives royalty payments for the movie to this day.
- His parents decided to use Lamont as his middle name because they were huge Sanford and Son fans.
- The legendary rapper Tupac Shakur was his close friend until his tragic death in 1996.
- Paris Hilton and Nicky Hilton were the inspiration behind the movie White Chicks.
- In 2021, Marlon revealed that he never got married until that time because of the promise he made to his late mother on her deathbed. He always wanted his mom to be his #1 girl.
Featured Image by Marlon Wayans / Instagram