|Max Ehrich Quick Info
|5 ft 7 in
|Date of Birth
|June 24, 1991
Max Ehrich is an American actor, singer, songwriter, and dancer who is known for having been cast in several shows and movies in roles such as Tate Watkins in Walk. Ride. Rodeo., Brett in American Princess, Fenmore Baldwin in The Young and the Restless, Hunter May in Under the Dome, Randy in Ugly Betty, Eddie in Shake It Up, Bradley in Parenthood, Ronbie Martin in 100 Things to Do Before High School, Freddie Ridge in The Path, Dylan in No Ordinary Family, Adam in iCarly, Landon Mays in Sweet/Vicious, Daniel Pryor in Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, and Principal Dancer in High School Musical 3: Senior Year.
Maximus L. Ehrich
Marlboro, New Jersey, United States
- Los Angeles, United States
- Frequently visits and resides in New York City since it is also close to his hometown in New Jersey.
Max studied at Marlboro Middle School. His mother worked as a teacher there and continued part of his education at Marlboro High School.
Education was merely a side project in his life since Max was involved in community theatre since the age of 4.
At the age of 8, he attended the French Woods Performing Arts summer camp in Hancock, New York, and gives a lot of credit to that program for honing his craft at an early age.
Throughout his childhood and early teens, Max also regularly trained at the local dance school in New Jersey called Dance Attitudes.
After completing his sophomore year, Max auditioned to transfer to a Performing Arts School in Manhattan, New York and got in. His education ended after acquiring his high school diploma.
Actor, Dancer, Singer, Songwriter
- Father – Bruce Ehrich (Health and Safety Regional Manager)
- Mother – Rhonda Green Ehrich (Middle School Teacher)
- Siblings – Matthew Ehrich aka Matt (Brother) (Investment Banker)
- Others – Arnold M. Ehrich (Paternal Grandfather), Ramona Hope Wachtel (Paternal Grandmother), Sidney/Sydney Green (Maternal Grandfather), Eleanor Freed (Maternal Grandmother), Eliana Glassman (Cousin), Jody Ehrich Levy (Aunt), Lindsay Levy (Cousin), Jessica Levy (Cousin), Alan Ehrich (Uncle)
Max Ehrich has been signed with –
- The Gersh Agency, Beverly Hills, California
- Anonymous Content, Culver City, California
- Inside360 Agency, Los Angeles
- Bloom Hergott Diemer Rosenthal Law Firm
- MGMT Entertainment, Talent Management Company, West Hollywood, California
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
Frank Music Corp
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Max Ehrich has dated –
- Sarah Hyland (2007–2008) – Max and Modern Family star, Sarah were high school sweethearts. They studied together at the Performing Arts School in New York. The couple was frequently spotted for a year but even before that, Max revealed to a local publication in his hometown that Sarah was his best friend. She convinced Max to get an agent who helped him book jobs on Ugly Betty and High School Musical 3.
- Jemma Mckenzie Brown (2009–2010) – Max met British actress Jemma on the sets of High School Musical 3. They dated for nearly two years before breaking up and going their separate ways. Living in separate countries, the distance was possibly a major issue for drifting them apart.
- Jennette McCurdy (2010–2011) – Max met Jennette on the sets of the Nickelodeon show iCarly in 2010 when he had a guest role on it. The two actors hit it off and were often publicly seen together which set off relationship rumors. Together, they sang a cover of the Glee version of Lean on Me and posted it on YouTube which Jennette later deleted from her YouTube channel. Both actors have never admitted to dating each other and have denied being in a relationship.
- Miranda Cosgrove (2012) – Max also met, the highest paid child actress, Miranda on the sets of iCarly. During a red-carpet interview, he deemed her as his celebrity crush and showed a willingness to pursue a relationship with her if it happened organically. In 2012, the paparazzi spotted them on a date. But, the relationship did not pan out possibly because Max explained that Miranda had a busy schedule and frequently traveled the world to honor her professional commitments.
- Chris Colfer (2012) – There was a widespread rumor that Max was dating Glee star Chris Colfer implying that the actor was bisexual. A fan posted a public query on Max’s Twitter page seeking clarification for the same. Max promptly posted a reply that Chris was merely a good friend.
- Veronica Louise Dunne (2014–2017) – Veronica met Max at a public red-carpet event that she nearly did not go to due to lack of interest. She met Max there and mentioned her background in musical theatre. Max showed immediate interest which was a reaction contrary to what Veronica got from most guys while discussing musical theatre in particular. The two actors bonded over their love for music and eventually started dating in June 2014. They had a very public romance replete with PDA and heartfelt statements for each other on social media. A month after celebrating their 3-year anniversary, Max announced on his Twitter account that he was single without revealing the cause of his break-up. He has since deleted a lot of his pictures with Veronica from his official Instagram account.
- Bella Thorne (2017) – Soon after his break-up, the paparazzi frequently spotted Max with notorious actress Bella Thorne. However, he clarified that their relationship was primarily work-related and they were collaborating on making music together.
- Sommer Ray (2017) – Towards the end of 2017, Max’s Instagram posts implied that he was dating model and YouTuber, Sommer Ray who is part Czechoslovakian.
- Demi Lovato (2020) – In March 2020, Demi and Max started dating each other. They got engaged in July 2020. But, only after 2 months of engagement, they called it off in September 2020.
- Sonika Vaid (2020) – In October 2020, after splitting from Demi Lovato, Max was rumored to have had a fling with singer and American Idol alum, Sonika Vaid.
- Mariah Angeliq (2020-Present) – Towards the end of November 2020, Max was seen walking with musical artist Mariah Angeliq at South Pointe Park Pier, Miami Beach, Florida. Lele Pons was also present there. Since they didn’t confirm it, it remains a rumor.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
There were rumors that the actor might be bisexual. However, he absolutely denied them claiming they were far from the truth.
- Childlike, boyish looks
- Extremely lean and ripped
- Razor straight thick eyebrows
Max booked a couple of commercials at the beginning of his career at 16.
His religious beliefs are not confirmed.
He posted Love is my Religion TWICE on Twitter in 2016 & 2017. Hence, he is possibly non-religious.
Best Known For
- Playing Fenmore Baldwin in the daytime soap opera The Young and the Restless aired on CBS network
- Also remembered for playing computer hacker, Hunter May in Under the Dome (2014-2015)
As a Singer
A single in collaboration with Rebecca Black called Baby, It’s Cold Outside (2016).
He was cast as a principal dancer in High School Musical 3: Senior Year (2008).
First TV Show
He had a 2-episode guest role as Randy on Ugly Betty in 2008.
- In 2012, Max shared that he consumes a gluten-free, vegan diet.
- Max’s body type is primarily that of an ectomorph who owing to his dance background had to perform long, arduous hours of intense dance rehearsals in his teens.
- Hence, the actor’s fitness goal is to increase muscle in his body without gaining fat.
- To fulfill these goals, Max often trains under the supervision of
- LA-based CPT Tamer Zada who runs Royal Personal training, or
- James Banks Strength and Conditioning.
- To calm and center his mind, Max goes on a lot of hikes, surfs, and does Yoga & meditation.
Max Ehrich Favorite Things
- Restaurant in New York – Spring Street Natural Restaurant in SoHo, John’s Pizzeria 260 W 44the Street
- Musical Groups – John Mayer, Dave Matthews Band, The Beatles
- Song – Let it Be by The Beatles
- Movies – The Dark Knight (2008), High School Musical 3 (2008)
- Celebrities To Dine With – Leonardo DiCaprio, Evan Rachel Wood, Will Ferrell
- Movie Role – Matt Damon’s character in Good Will Hunting (1997)
- Word He Likes To Use – Interesting
- TV Guilty Pleasure – The Food Network
- Food – Sweet Potato Fries
- Comedy – Animal House (1978)
- Day – 1 January
- Emoji – The Victory Sign
- Vegan Food – Vegan Mac & Cheese
Source – LivinginMedia.com, SoapOperaNation.com, JustJaredJr.com, BuzzFeed.com, YouTube.com
Max Ehrich Facts
- He got his first commercial break at the age of 13 in a 40-minute short comedy One Easy Job (2004) after which his mother suggested he devote all his time to training as the frequent audition runs were keeping him behind in school.
- While still in the 8th and 9th grades, Max started working for the New York Knicks as a dancer and often performed at Madison Square Garden, New York.
- Max began a full-time career as an actor/dancer at the age of 16.
- He taught himself how to play the piano when he was in 9th grade/freshman year.
- Max was a misfit at school and did not have many friends because he was always working / training after school. He was never interested nor had any time to attend parties on weekends like other teens of his age.
- Getting bullied was one of the reasons why Max decided to transfer from his high school in junior year.
- Bad breath is a major pet peeve for Max.
- He was cast as Jesse Moretti in the 2010 television film, The Pregnancy Pact, starring Thora Birch, Madisen Beaty, and Camryn Manheim. For this role, he was nominated for the 2011 Young Artist Award for “Best Performance in a TV Movie, Miniseries or Special – Supporting Actor”.
- He collaborated with Dream Loud Official, a non-profit organization to retain Art programs in the school. The cause was close to his heart because acting, dance, and music were the only activities that gave Max a sense of purpose in his childhood.
- From 2012 to 2013, he ran his own band called The Social Networkk.
- When Max auditioned for the role of Fenmore Baldwin, his grandfather was the most excited member of his family because The Young and the Restless was his favorite show and he screamed on the phone with joy when he found out that his grandson actually bagged the part.
- He received 4 Daytime Emmy nominations for playing Fenmore Baldwin in The Young and the Restless (2012–2015).
- In 2017, he gave a special music performance at the Daytime Emmy’s to pay a tribute to all the people from the TV industry that passed away in the year prior to the event. However, the actor seemed to suffer from nerves and could not do justice to the song.
- He was cast in a music video of Vanessa Hudgens song called Sneakernight (2008).
- In 2019, he started appearing in the recurring role of Brett in the comedy-drama television series, American Princess.
- Max shared that he is reasonably good at playing basketball, baseball, and soccer, but for some strange reason, he is unable to develop the skill set required to play a good game of American football and is bad at it.
- He brought to life the character of Tate Watkins in the 2019 biopic, Walk. Ride. Rodeo., which starred Missi Pyle, Spencer Locke, Bailey Chase, Sherri Shepherd, and Corbin Bleu.
- In October 2020, after the breakup with Demi, Max released a new song ‘Afraid’ which is about falling in love. It was written while he was still dating Demi Lovato.
Featured Image by Max Ehrich / Instagram