|Michael G. Wilson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||January 21, 1942|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Michael G. Wilson is an American screenwriter, film producer, and actor who is best known for his work with the James Bond film series. Over the years, he has been a part of movies like Casino Royale, Quantum of Solace, Die Another Day, A View to a Kill, Licence to Kill, Tomorrow Never Dies, For Your Eyes Only, The World Is Not Enough, The Rhythm Section, No Time to Die, Moonraker, The Living Daylights, Skyfall, Octopussy, GoldenEye, Spectre, and Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool.
Michael Gregg Wilson
New York City, New York, United States
Michael G. Wilson attended Harvey Mudd College in Claremont, California and graduated as an electrical engineer in 1963. After that, he enrolled at Stanford Law School (Stanford Law or SLS) in Stanford, California and studied law.
Screenwriter, Film Producer, Actor
- Father – Lewis Gilbert Wilson (January 28, 1920 – August 9, 2000) (Actor) (the first actor to play DC Comics character Batman on screen in the 1943 film serial Batman)
- Mother – Dana (née Natol) (January 3, 1922 – February 29, 2004) (Actor)
- Siblings – Barbara Broccoli (Younger Maternal Half-Sister) (Film Producer, Stage Producer), Tina Broccoli (Younger Stepsister) (Producer), Tony Broccoli (Stepbrother) (Producer, Actor)
- Others – John Henry Wilson (Paternal Grandfather) (Minister of the First Unitarian Church from 1927-1945), Lucile (née Gregg) (Paternal Grandmother), Albert R. Broccoli (Stepfather) (Film Producer)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael G. Wilson has dated –
- Jane Wilson – He is married to Jane Wilson and they have 2 sons – David G. Wilson and Gregg Wilson. Both of their sons have worked at Eon Productions.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Michael G. Wilson Facts
- In 1964, he made his debut theatrical film appearance as a Soldier at Fort Knox in the spy film Goldfinger (3rd film in the James Bond series produced by Eon Productions). However, his role went uncredited. The film’s lead cast included Sean Connery, Honor Blackman, Gert Fröbe, Shirley Eaton, Tania Mallet, and Harold Sakata.
- Michael G. Wilson started working with Eon Productions in 1972.
- He made his first credited theatrical film appearance as General Chandler in the 2002 spy film Die Another Day, starring Pierce Brosnan, Halle Berry, Toby Stephens, Rosamund Pike, Rick Yune, John Cleese, and Judi Dench. It is the 20th film in the James Bond series produced by Eon Productions and became the highest-grossing James Bond film.
- In 2006, Michael G. Wilson appeared as Chief of Police in the film Casino Royale (the 21st film in the Eon Productions James Bond series). It stars Daniel Craig, Eva Green, Mads Mikkelsen, Jeffrey Wright, and Judi Dench. The film became the 4th highest-grossing film of 2006 and the highest-grossing James Bond film until the release of Skyfall (2012).
- Along with Barbara Broccoli, Michael was ranked number #36 in the 2008 Telegraph‘s list of “the 100 most powerful people in British culture”.
- For services to film, drama, philanthropy, and skills, Michael G. Wilson was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2008 New Year Honours and Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in the 2022 New Year Honours.
- He was honored with the Royal Photographic Society’s award for “Outstanding Service to Photography” in 2010.
- Michael G. Wilson has worked for the United States government as well as for a firm located in Washington D.C. that specialized in international law.
Featured Image by wonderferret / Flickr / CC BY 2.0