Patricia Rooney Mara
Bedford, New York, USA
Los Angeles, California, USA
Rooney studied and graduated from Fox Lane High School in 2003. Once completing her graduation, she traveled to Ecuador, Peru and Bolivia in South America for four months. This was a part of the Traveling School she was involved in, which had an open learning environment.
After that, she went to George Washington University for a year and then enrolled into Gallatin School of Individualized Study in New York City, wherein she attended classes in psychology, international social policy and nonprofits and from there, she finally graduated in 2010.
- Father – Timothy Christopher Mara (Vice President of player evaluation for the New York Giants)
- Mother – Kathleen McNulty (Part-time Real Estate Agent)
- Siblings – Kate Mara (Actress) (Older Sister), Daniel Mara (Older Brother), Conor Mara (Younger Brother)
- Others – John Mara (Uncle), Wellington Mara (Grandfather), Tim Mara (Great Grandfather), Art Rooney, Sr (Great Grandfather), Dan Rooney (Great Uncle)
Rooney Mara’s career is currently managed by Management 360.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
52 kg or 115 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rooney Mara is romantically linked with –
- Charlie McDowell (2010-2016) – Rooney met actor and director Charlie McDowell in 2010. The couple fell in love and started dating each other. The duo was spotted together at several award shows and after-parties. They broke up in 2016.
- Joaquin Phoenix (2016-Present) – In 2016, Rooney started dating actor Joaquin Phoenix. They have acted together in many films. In July 2019, it was publicly announced that the duo had got engaged. In August 2020, Rooney gave birth to a child, son River Phoenix. He was named after Joaquin’s late brother, River Phoenix.
Race / Ethnicity
- Petite figure
- Green eyes
- Dimpled smile
- Tough attitude
33-23-34 in or 84-58.5-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
She has appeared in the TV Commercial for Calvin Klein’s “Downtown” (2014), which was directed by David Fincher.
She is probably Roman Catholic.
Best Known For
Playing the roles as Nancy Holbrook in A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010), Lisbeth Salander in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011), Ruth Guthrie in Ain’t Them Bodies Saints (2013), Emily Taylor in Side Effects (2013) and Catherine in Her (2013).
She played as classroom girl #1 in her debut horror film Urban Legends: Bloody Mary in 2005. It was a direct-to-video film.
First TV Show
She portrayed the role of Jessica DeLay (guest appearance) in the NBC’s Law & Order: Special Victims Unit in 2006 in an episode titled “Fat.”
Rooney Mara is considered to be a Vegan.
She eats healthy food, which has not been washed in ammonia.
Rooney Mara Favorite Things
- Place – Los Angeles
- Sports Team – Pittsburgh Steelers (Football Team), New York Giants (Football Team)
- Apparels – Anything Stylish and Vintage
- Style Icon – Gena Rowlands
- Movies – Gone With The Wind (1939), Rebecca (1940), Bringing Up Baby (1938), A Woman Under the Influence (1974), Opening Night (1977)
- Actress – Vivien Leigh, Joan Fontaine, Gena Rowlands
- Actor – Clark Gable, Laurence Olivier
- Filmmakers – Alfred Hitchcock, Steven Spielberg, Victor Fleming, George Cukor, David Fincher
Source – IMDb.com, Wikipedia.org
Rooney Mara Facts
- Rooney Mara established the non-profit organization Faces of Kibera which gives housing, food, and medical care facilities to orphans in Kibera, which is a slum in Nairobi, Kenya. The organization’s goal is to construct an orphanage in the region, for which 6 acres of land has already been bought.
- The ear, eyebrow, and nipple piercings that Rooney Mara showcased via the character Lisbeth Salander in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011), were not cosmetic simulations. They were original. She also received an Academy and a Golden Globe Award nomination for Best Actress for this film.
- She is the ambassador for Uweza Foundation, which supports empowerment programs for children and families in Africa.
- She was placed third on Askmen’s list of ‘Top 99 Most Desirable Women of 2012′.
- She was offered the role of Estella in Great Expectations (2012) but she turned it down due to scheduling conflicts, and the role was eventually played by Holliday Grainger.
- Rooney Mara’s mother’s family established the Pittsburgh Steelers whereas her father’s family established the New York Giants.
- For her critically praised performance in the film Carol, she was awarded the Best Actress Award at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival.
- Rooney is not on social media.