|Smita Bansal Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 21, 1977|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Smita Bansal is an Indian actor, theatre artist, dancer, and reality television personality who has been cast in a variety of shows such as Kohi Apna Sa, Balika Vadhu, Bhagya Lakshmi, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, Sanjivani, Challenge, Aladdin – Naam Toh Suna Hoga, Kora Kagaz, Aashirwad, Vikraal Aur Gabraal, Daal Mein Kala, Tulsi, Sarhadein, Raat Hone Ko Hai, Piya Ka Ghar, Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka!, Itihaas, Amanat, Viraasat, Fear Factor – Khatron Ke Khiladi, Cincinnati Bubblaboo, C.I.D., Alpviram, Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, Sanskruti, Ssshhhh…Koi Hai, Ye Meri Life Hai, Fame Gurukul, Twinkle Beauty Parlour Lajpat Nagar, Jeena Isi Ka Naam Hai, Paani Puri, Nach Baliye 5, Comedy Nights with Kapil, Nazar, Tum Aise Hi Rehna, Zindagi Abhi Baaki Hai Mere Ghost, and Jaana Na Dil Se Door.
Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
Actor, Theatre Artist, Reality Television Personality, Dancer
- Father – Sudhir Bansal (Businessperson)
- Mother – Shashi Bansal
- Siblings – Saurabh Bansal (Brother)
Smita Bansal has been signed with Qyuki, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Smita Bansal has dated –
- Ankush Mohla (2002-Present) – She got married to director Ankush Mohla in the year 2002 and the duo has been blessed with 2 daughters named Stasha and Anaagha.
Race / Ethnicity
Smita Bansal Facts
- She made her first film appearance as Princess in the 1998 Malayalam period film Daya.
- She played the recurring role of Neha in the television medical drama soap opera Sanjivani from 2003 to 2004.
- From 2004 to 2005, Smita Bansal was seen in the negative role of Shweta Avinash Sharma (Avinash’s 2nd wife) in the Zee TV drama show Piya Ka Ghar.
- She was cast as Jyoti ‘aka’ Pinky (Shanta’s daughter and Ravi’s sister) in the 2008 Hindi-language action film Karzzzz, a remake of the 1980 film Karz. The film starred Urmila Matondkar, Himesh Reshammiya, Shweta Kumar, Dino Morea, Gulshan Grover, Danny Denzongpa, and Rohini Hattangadi.
- From 2008 to 2014, Smita Bansal appeared as Sumitra Bhairon Singh (Bhairon’s wife who is Jagdish and Sugna’s mother) in the Colors TV soap opera Balika Vadhu (English: The Child Bride). This role won her the Indian Telly Award in the “Best Actress in a Supporting Role” category in 2008 and she was nominated for the same again in 2009 and 2013.
- She appeared as a contestant on the 4th season of the Hindi-language stunt-based reality television series Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi in 2011. Her co-contestants for the season included Diandra Soares, Aashka Goradia, Aarti Chabria, Dina Singh, Mia Uyeda, Sambhavna Seth, Poonam Pandey, Alesia Raut, Kashmera Shah, and others.
- Along with Ankush Mohla, Smita Bansal participated in Nach Baliye 5 in 2012.
- She played the role of Rukhsaar (a kind-hearted woman who is Aladdin’s mother before rebirth) in the comedy romantic fantasy drama television series Aladdin – Naam Toh Suna Hoga from 2018 to 2021. Her co-stars for the project included Siddharth Nigam, Avneet Kaur, Ashi Singh, Aamir Dalvi, Raashul Tandon, Praneet Bhat, and Gireesh Sahdev.
- Smita Bansal was seen as Parveen Junaid Khan in the Star Plus romantic fantasy drama series Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka! between 2019 and 2020. The show stars Vikram Singh Chauhan, Aditi Sharma, and Shruti Sharma.
- In 2021, Smita started playing the recurring role of Neelam Oberoi (Virendra’s wife who is Rishi and Sonia’s mother) in the Hindi-language television drama series Bhagya Lakshmi.
Featured Image by Smita Bansal / Instagram