|Swanand Kirkire Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 29, 1972|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Swanand Kirkire is an Indian lyricist, playback singer, musician, writer, assistant director, actor, theatre artist, and dialogue writer who is known for his contributions to the Marathi and Hindi entertainment industry. He is known for his songs like Bande Me Tha Dum…Vande Mataram from the 2006 film Lage Raho Munna Bhai and Behti Hawa Sa Tha Woh from the 2009 film 3 Idiots, both of which won the National Film Award for “Best Lyrics”. As an actor, he has been a part of various movies and shows such as Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi, Eklavya: The Royal Guard, Chameli, Maximum, Pune 52, The Verdict – State vs Nanavati, Sonali Cable, Crazy Cukkad Family, Table No. 5, Irudhi Suttru/Saala Khadoos, Badrinath Ki Dulhania, Mirza Juuliet, Chumbak, Beautiful World, Ghoomketu, Raat Akeli Hai, Khaali Peeli, Zwigato, Qala, and Parchhayee – Ghost stories by Ruskin Bond.
Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
Swanand Kirkire graduated with a degree in Commerce. He then attended the National School of Drama (an autonomous theatre training institute under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India) and graduated in 1996.
Lyricist, Playback Singer, Musician, Writer, Assistant Director, Actor, Theatre Artist, Dialogue Writer
- Father – Chintamani Kirkire (Classical Singer)
- Mother – Neelambari Kirkire (Classical Singer)
- Siblings – He has a sister.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Swanand Kirkire Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in Rambagh in Indore.
- Swanand Kirkire wrote the song Maanjha from the 2013 Hindi-language buddy sports drama film Kai Po Che, adapted from Chetan Bhagat‘s 2008 novel The 3 Mistakes of My Life. The song won the Screen Award in the “Best Lyrics” category in 2013.
- He was seen as Dattaram Tandel (Baba) (Sonali’s father) in the 2014 Bollywood drama film Sonali Cable, starring Rhea Chakraborty, Ali Fazal, Raghav Juyal, Anupam Kher, and Smita Jaykar.
- In 2017, Swanand Kirkire played the role of Mayank Trivedi (Vaidehi’s father) in the romantic comedy film Badrinath Ki Dulhania. The film serves as a spiritual successor of Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania (2014) and stars Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt.
- Swanand Kirkire brought to life the character of Prasanna (a 45-year-old mentally challenged man from Maharashtra) in the 2018 Marathi-language slice-of-life drama film Chumbak (also designated as Chumbak – THE LOTTERY). For this performance, he won the National Film Award for “Best Supporting Actor”.
- He appeared as Guddan Chacha in the 2020 Hindi-language comedy-drama film Ghoomketu, starring Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Ragini Khanna, Anurag Kashyap, Ila Arun, Raghuvir Yadav, and Brijendra Kala.
- Swanand Kirkire was cast as Mansoor Khan Sahab in the 2022 Hindi-language psychological drama film Qala, loosely based on K. Viswanath’s Swathi Kiranam and Miloš Forman’s Amadeus.
- As a playback singer, Swanand Kirkire has worked on a number of projects such as Parineeta, English Vinglish, Barfi!, Khoya Khoya Chand, Lootera, Eklavya: The Royal Guard, Gulaal, Laaga Chunari Mein Daag, Deswa, 3 Idiots, Well Done Abba, Striker, Raajneeti, The Dewarists, Arjun: The Warrior Prince, Krishna Aur Kans, Paanch Adhyay, Bhopal: A Prayer for Rain, Satyamev Jayate, Inkaar, Ammaa Ki Boli, Crazy Cukkad Family, Masaan, Hanuman: Da’ Damdaar, Raat Akeli Hai, Qala, and Serious Men.
Featured Image by Ministry of Information and Broadcasting / gov.in / Government Open Data License – India (GODL)