|Mir Sarwar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||February 19, 1977|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Mir Sarwar is an Indian actor, theatre artist, writer, director, and producer who has been cast in a number of Hindi, English, Bhojpuri, Tamil, Kashmiri, and Telugu language films. His film credits include Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Phantom, Dishoom, Gaalib, Dil Patang, Jolly LLB 2, Jagga Jasoos, Kaatru Veliyidai, Poster Boys, Daddy, State of Siege: Temple Attack, 2016 The End, Kedarnath, Jai Hind, Vishwaroop II, Vishwaroopam II, Kesari, Ittefaq, Shershaah, Bose: Dead/Alive, Half Widow, Kashmir Daily, Bhram, Bioscopewala, Vanguard, Aiyaary, Lateef to Laden, Hamid, Notebook, Panipat, Gadar 2: The Katha Continues, Mission Majnu, Pawan Putra, Chanakya, Laxmii, and Hai Tujhe Salaam India. In addition to that, he has also been a part of many shows which include the likes of Bose: Dead/Alive, The Family Man, and Special OPS.
Mohammad Sarwar Mir
Pandrethan, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Actor, Theatre Artist, Writer, Director, Producer
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Sports a beard
Mir Sarwar Facts
- He made his first theatrical film appearance as Rauf Aziz (Razia’s husband and Shahida’s father) in the 2015 Hindi-language comedy-drama film Bajrangi Bhaijaan, starring Salman Khan, Harshaali Malhotra, Kareena Kapoor, and Nawazuddin Siddiqui. The film became the 6th highest-grossing Indian film and the 3rd highest-grossing Bollywood film as well as won the National Film Award for “Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment” at the 63rd National Film Awards.
- Mir Sarwar portrayed the character of Sajid Mir (a Pakistani national from Lahore and a member of the terrorist organization Lashkar-e-Taiba who was the chief planner of the 2008 Mumbai attacks) in the Hindi-language action thriller film Phantom in 2015. Produced by Sajid Nadiadwala and Siddharth Roy Kapur, the film stars Saif Ali Khan and Katrina Kaif in leading roles.
- In 2017, he brought to life the character of Kashmir Police Inspector Hidayat Baig in the Hindi-language black comedy film Jolly LLB 2. Starring Akshay Kumar, Annu Kapoor, Huma Qureshi, and Saurabh Shukla, the film serves as a sequel to the 2013 film Jolly LLB.
- Mir Sarwar was seen as Bashir in the 2018 Hindi-language romantic disaster film Kedarnath, starring Sushant Singh Rajput and Sara Ali Khan.
- He appeared as Rehmat Khan/Bhagat Ram Talwar in the historical drama streaming television miniseries Bose: Dead/Alive in 2018.
- He played the recurring role of Faizan in the 1st season of the spy thriller streaming television series The Family Man in 2019. The show became critically acclaimed and Suresh Mathew of The Quint gave it a three-and-a-half out of five and distinguished it from Sacred Games by saying, “What makers Raj and DK bring to The Family Man is a total mastery over the craft of storytelling. Unlike, say a Sacred Games, The Family Man manages to remain eminently accessible while still retaining its finesse.”
- In 2020, Mir Sarwar made a cameo appearance as Hamid in the Hindi-language action espionage thriller web series Special OPS. The show’s lead cast consists of Kay Kay Menon, Vinay Pathak, Karan Tacker, Vipul Gupta, Meher Vij, Saiyami Kher, and others.
- Mir Sarwar was cast as a Pakistani terrorist named Haider in the 2021 Hindi-language biographical war film Shershaah. Based on the life of Vikram Batra, it stars Sidharth Malhotra and Kiara Advani.
- He portrayed the character of Abdul Qadeer Khan (a Pakistani nuclear physicist and metallurgical engineer who is also known as the “father of Pakistan’s atomic weapons program”) in the 2023 Hindi-language spy thriller film Mission Majnu, starring Sidharth Malhotra, Rashmika Mandanna, Parmeet Sethi, Sharib Hashmi, Kumud Mishra, and Rajit Kapur.
- He is a National Medallist in Kick Boxing.
- Mir Sarwar is trained in martial arts forms like Wushu and Muay Thai.
Featured Image by Mir Sarwar / Instagram