|Tommy Lee Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||October 3, 1962|
Tommy Lee is an American musician, drummer, DJ, and songwriter best known as the founding member of the Glam metal band Mötley Crüe, which has released albums like Too Fast for Love, Theatre of Pain, Mötley Crüe, Saints of Los Angeles, Dr. Feelgood, New Tattoo, Generation Swine, Shout at the Devil, and Girls, Girls, Girls. In 1999, he founded the rock band Methods of Mayhem. In addition to that, Tommy Lee has also branched out as a solo artist and has released albums such as Andro, Never a Dull Moment, and Tommyland: The Ride.
Thomas Lee Bass
Greek / American
Tommy Lee went to the Royal Oak High School in Covina, California.
He also studied at the South Hills High School. He eventually dropped out of high school to focus on his career in the music industry.
Musician, songwriter, drummer, DJ
- Father – David Lee Thomas Bass (Served in US Army)
- Mother – Vassiliki Papadimitriou (Was a contestant in the 1957 Miss Greece competition)
- Siblings – Athena Lee (Younger Sister) (Drummer)
- Others – John Samuel Bass (Paternal Grandfather), Julia E. Sanders (Paternal Grandmother)
Tommy Lee has been signed with –
- David Weise and Associates (Talent Management Company)
- Boulevard Management, Company, Woodland Hills, California, United States
- Favor The Artist, Music Artist Management Company, Encino, California, United States
Heavy metal, hard rock, glam metal, nu-metal, rap metal, electro house, progressive house
Drums, percussion, keyboard, vocals
Leathür, Elektra, MCA Records, mau5trap
His net worth had been $70 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tommy Lee has dated –
- Belladonna – He once hooked up with adult star Belladonna.
- Victory Tischler-Blue – He was romantically involved with film producer, director, writer, musician, and photographer Victory Tischler-Blue in the past.
- Chase Alden – Tommy Lee was reported to have had a fling with the American model Chase Alden in the past.
- Kacey Jordan – Tommy had a fling with adult movie star Kacey Jordan. She even went on to confirm their fling in her appearance on the talk show with Howard Stern. However, she was shocked when it was brought up as it was a secret affair.
- Kendra Jade – According to reports, Lee dated American model Kendra Jade for a brief time. Their relationship came to an end after he decided to get back with Pamela Anderson.
- Dee Dee Keel – Tommy hooked up with former groupie Dee Dee Keel during his wild days.
- Pamela Manning – In her interviews, Pamela Manning claimed that she dated Lee before he found fame as the drummer of the iconic heavy metal band. They had met at the Limelight bar in New York City. He came up to her and offered to buy a drink after introducing himself. After that, they dated for a short while.
- Lydia Louisa – Lee had a fling with English dancer Lydia Louisa, which was hinted at by her during her appearance on the reality show, Celebrity Big Boss.
- Vicky Frontiere – Tommy went out with Vicky Frontiere, who was reported to be a Los Angeles Rams cheerleader when they started going out in his late teens. Vicky was the one who told him that Suite 19 was looking for a drummer.
- Roxana Shirazi – The Iranian Roxana Shirazi talked about her sexual encounters with the iconic drummer in her autobiography, The Last Living Sl*t.
- Lisa (1980-1982) – According to reports, Tommy Lee started going out with a woman named Lisa in 1980. After dating for about two years, they decided to head in separate directions by the start of 1982.
- Laura Livingston (1981) – Lee was reported to be dating Laura Livingston in the early months of 1981. Their relationship coincided with the early days of his music band, Mötley Crüe.
- Elaine Starchuk (1982-1985) – According to American tabloids, Lee started dating model Elaine Starchuk in the early months of 1982. They took their relationship to the next level in November 1983 by getting married. However, their relationship didn’t last for a significant period of time as they got divorced in 1985.
- Tawny Kitaen (1985) – Tommy Lee was in a relationship with actor and television personality Tawny Kitaen in the summer of 1985. In her later interviews, she owned to having used drugs during their time together along with doing some wild things such as throwing knives, which left 5000 marks on the wall after one such evening.
- Heather Locklear (1985-1993) – Tommy started going out with actor Heather Locklear in July 1985. They were reported to have met backstage at the REO Speedwagon show after being introduced by Chuck Shapiro, who was Mötley’s accountant. They got engaged in December 1985 after he proposed to her while traveling on the Ventura Freeway in a limousine. They had stuck their heads out of the car’s moonroof. In May 1986, they got married in a lavish ceremony held in Santa Barbara, which was attended by some 500 guests. However, their 7 years old marriage came to an end in August 1993 after she filed for the dissolution of their marriage in the Los Angeles Supreme Court. She cited irreconcilable differences in her petition.
- Cher (1988) – Tommy was reported to have had a romantic interest in singer and activist, Cher in the early months of 1988. They were pictured making out in a nightclub in Los Angeles.
- Jessica Hahn (1988) – Lee went out with actor Jessica Hahn in 1988. However, their alleged extra-marital affair was fairly short-lived.
- Jamie Ellen (1988) – Tommy Lee met model Jamie Ellen backstage at the Motley Crue concert in 1988. They started secretly going out shortly after. His then-wife Heather Locklear was reported to be shocked when she learned about their affair.
- Debi Diamond (1993) – According to a variety of gossip tabloids, Lee had a fling with adult movie actor, Debi Diamond in 1993. They reportedly had sexual intercourse on the adult movie set. It has also been alleged that this incident proved to be the last straw for Locklear as she decided it was the time to pull the curtains in their married life.
- Bobbie Brown (1994 and 2000) – Shortly after the end of his marriage with Heather, Tommy started going out with model Bobbie Brown. They started dating at the start of 1994. After 6 months, they decided to take their relationship to another level by getting engaged. By the end of the year, their relationship came to an end as he abruptly decided to go to Mexico. By the time he returned, he had gotten married to Pamela Anderson. Neither was she informed about their breakup nor did she know about his marriage. She learned it through the press. They gave their relationship another chance in January 2000. She had even moved in with him. However, it wasn’t meant to be.
- Pamela Anderson (1995-1998) – Tommy got married to model Pamela Anderson in 1995. They had met just 4 days before their wedding. In a move that would typify their marriage, they got married on the beach and she was wearing a thong bikini during the ceremony. Shortly after their marriage, a private tape that they had made during their vacation was leaked. After initially filing a lawsuit against video distribution company, Internet Entertainment Group, he agreed to a settlement with them, through which they made the tape available once again. In June 1996, she gave birth to their first son, Brandon. They welcomed their second son Dylan in December 1997. They got divorced the following year. Towards the end, their marriage was marred by domestic violence. Following their divorce, they maintained an on-and-off relationship for some years.
- Jenna Jameson (1998) – Towards the end of 1998, Tommy hooked up with p*rn star Jenna Jameson. She confirmed their relationship in her highly publicized autobiography.
- Carmen Electra (1999, 2017) – Towards the end of the 90s, Lee was RUMORed to have hooked up with actor and model Carmen Electra. Their affair didn’t last long but they remained good friends. They seemed to have reignited their romance in April 2017 after they were spotted together at the Coachella Music Festival.
- Kimberly Pressler (2000) – It is RUMORed that he had an encounter with actor Kimberly Pressler in September 2000.
- Brandi Brandt (2000) – There have been RUMORs that he hooked up with model and actor Brandi Brandt in the year 2000.
- Mayte Garcia (2001-2003) – Tommy started going out with Mayte Garcia, who is well known for being Prince’s dancer and former wife, in 2001. It has been claimed that the lips tattoo that he had got inked on the left side of his neck was inspired by the lips print she had left in the same place on his neck.
- Blu Cantrell (2003) – Immediately after the end of his relationship with Garcia, he was seen getting close and cozy with singer Blu Cantrell. They were spotted out on a date at the Four Seasons Hotel in New York City. It was later revealed that they had met through their publicists.
- Pink (2003) – Lee was reported to be getting close to the rock singer Pink in November 2003. Their relationship RUMORs that were sparked by their appearance together at Jive Jones’ party at Avalon in New York, came during a break in her relationship with Carey Hart, who she married in January 2006.
- Naomi Campbell (2004) – Lee met supermodel Naomi Campbell through rapper P. Diddy. They were later spotted making out and getting passionate at the party held at Miami Beach. Lee also confirmed that they had been an item for a short while.
- Jesse Jane (2004) – Tommy was reported to be going out with adult movie star Jesse Jane. They were pictured leaving the popular Joseph’s nightclub in Hollywood in July 2004.
- Liv Ashley (2004) – Italian model Liv Ashley and Tommy Lee had a fling in 2004.
- Sophia Rossi – In her interview with Howard Stern, Sophia Rossi revealed that she had slept with Lee in the past, proving that he has a soft spot for adult movie artists.
- Tara Reid (2005) – Tommy first got together with actor Tara Reid in Las Vegas in 2005. Then, they started going out after returning to Los Angeles. They were in it for some fun as he later confessed to a friend, so their relationship fizzled out after a brief period of time.
- Stefani Morgan (2006) – Tommy was reported to be dating another adult movie star Stefani Morgan in the first half of 2006. They had first met in January 2006 at the Adult Video News Award after-party held at the Las Vegas location, Venetian Resort Hotel Casino.
- Erin Naas (2006) – According to reports, Lee dated actor Erin Naas in 2006. It has been claimed that she had feelings for the Motley Crue drummer even after their breakup as she got into a catfight with Kimberly Stewart, whom Lee was dating, in September 2008 at a nightclub in Los Angeles. Lee had to intervene to prevent their physical confrontation from escalating.
- Kimberly Stewart (2007-2008) – Tommy and socialite Kimberly Stewart’s relationship came to light in the summer of 2007. It was reported that they had first met in London several months earlier. They were later spotted getting too affectionate for a public place at the opening party of Pink Taco in Los Angeles. They were later pictured kissing while leaving the party.
- Daisy de la Hoya (2008) – In August 2008, Tommy Lee was reported to be going out with model and actor Daisy de la Hoya.
- Aja Rock (2008) – He had an affair with Aja Rock in the year 2008.
- Shauna Sand (2008) – In 2008, Tommy went out on a date with actor and Playboy model Shauna Sand. However, they didn’t make it to the second date.
- Victoria Silvstedt (2009) – Tommy was reported to have hooked up with Swedish model and actor Victoria Silvstedt in January 2009. They were spotted having a hell of a time in Las Vegas in the early hours of the morning.
- Sofia Toufa (2009-2016) – Tommy started dating recording artist Sofia Toufa in 2009. They eventually got engaged in February 2014. However, about two years later, they decided to go separate ways due to unspecified reasons.
- Brittany Furlan (2017-Present) – Tommy Lee was reported to have hooked up with Vine star Brittany Furlan in June 2017 after they were pictured by paparazzi kissing on the street after a date at the Banzai Sushi in Calabasas. Their age difference of 30 years was widely discussed by the leading tabloids.
Race / Ethnicity
On his mother’s side, he has Greek ancestry, while, on his father’s side, he is of English, some Irish, and French descent.
- Eccentric hairstyles
- Often dyes his hair in unique shades
Tommy Lee has appeared in a TV commercial for buymusic.com in 2003.
Best Known For
- Being the founding member of the rock band, Mötley Crüe, which is well known for being one of the most successful and popular heavy metal bands with more than 100 million records sold all over the world
- Having started a rap-metal music group, Methods of Mayhem
- His eccentric persona and hedonistic lifestyle
In 1981, Tommy’s music group Mötley Crüe released their debut album, Too Fast for Love, which was certified platinum in the US.
The first studio album released by his rap-metal band was Methods of Mayhem in 1999.
His solo debut album Never a Dull Moment was released in 2002.
In 2001, he made his theatrical film debut in a minor role in the fantasy romance movie, Vanilla Sky.
First TV Show
In 1994, Tommy Lee made his first TV show appearance on the talk show, Howard Stern.
Tommy Lee relies on his high performance and flamboyant routines that he performs in his live shows to keep himself fit and trim. In fact, while performing in one of his shows, he used a pedometer to see how much he walks during his performances and found out that he had traversed 13.1 miles.
Tommy Lee Favorite Things
- Inspirational Music Bands – Kiss, Queen, Judas Priest, and Led Zeppelin
- Drumming Influences – Tommy Aldridge, John Bonham, Terry Bozzio, and Alex Van Halen
Source – Wikipedia
Tommy Lee Facts
- In 1998, he was arrested and then sentenced to 6 months in county jail after he assaulted his then-wife Pamela Anderson over a domestic dispute. He had decided not to contest charges of having kicked his wife.
- He was given his first drum when he was 4 years old. He got his first drum kit when he was in his teens.
- He is a staunch animal rights supporter and has done widespread activism work for the PETA.
- He was placed on the #46 spot on the list compiled by the VH1 channel featuring 100 Sexiest Artists.
- In 1996, he assaulted a Jewish photographer outside the popular LA hotspot, Viper Room. He eventually decided not to contest the battery charges in court.
- In June 2001, James Veres and Ursula Karven filed a negligence lawsuit against Lee after their son drowned in his pool during his son Brandon’s birthday. He was eventually cleared by the jury in April 2003.
- In October 1999, he was placed under arrest in North Carolina for having encouraged a riot while performing at Greensboro Coliseum. He and bassist Nikki Sixx were reported to have poured beer over the black guard’s head and had egged the crowd to attack him.
- While studying at Royal Oak High School, he was a member of the school’s marching band.
- In 1998, he was the subject of a lawsuit alleging that he had exposed his Nazi Swastika tattoo to the public. He denied the existence of the tattoo whereas his attorney argued that it was a stupid ink art that he had gotten done years ago.
- After dropping out of high school, he became a member of the rock band called “Suite 19”, which used to perform on the Sunset Strip in Los Angeles.
- He met his future Mötley Crüe bandmate, Nikki Sixx, while he was performing with Suite 19. Nikki was impressed with his drumming skills and decided to invite him to form their iconic band.
- His 2nd solo album Tommyland: The Ride was released in 2005 and it was ranked at number #62 on the Billboard 200 chart and at number #94 on the Aria Charts chart.
- At the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards, he got into a fight with rapper and singer Kid Rock after which he was kicked out. Kid Rock was accused of having assaulted him and he pleaded guilty to the charge.
- His music band Mötley Crüe was honored with a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 6752 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood.
- On October 16, 2020, he released his 3rd solo album titled Andro and it includes songs like Ain’t Telling Me Nothing, Tops, Leave Me Alone, Caviar on a Paper Plate, Make This Storm, and Make It Back. The album peaked at number #76 on the Billboard 200 chart.
- In May 2021, he purchased a 4,266-square-foot house in Brentwood for $4.15 million.
- In October 2022, Tommy listed his mansion in Calabasas for $4.59 million.
Featured Image by Glenn Francis (www.PacificProDigital.com) / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0