|Vineet Kumar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 22, 1957|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Vineet Kumar is an Indian actor and theatre artist who has been cast in a variety of Hindu, Telugu, English, Kannada, Tamil, and Nagpuri films, including Kachche Dhaage, Makdee, Soch, Ek Din 24 Ghante, Yeh Dil, Pehchaan: The Face of Truth, Club 60, Strings – Bound by Faith, Touch Chesi Chudu, Janta V/S Janardan – Bechara Aam Aadmi, Ata Pata Laapata, Bhopal: A Prayer for Rain, Operation 2019, Zamana, Electric Moon, Masaan, Manjunath, Roam Rome Mein, Velayudham, Shivam, Bholaa, Hazaar Chaurasi Ki Maa, Rama Rama Krishna Krishna, Sardaar Gabbar Singh, Vikramarkudu, Naayak, Aagadu, Bombhaat, Inttelligent, Supreme, Ramprasad Ki Tehrvi, Yahan Sabhi Gyani Hain, Dil Se Pooch Kidhar Jaana Hai, Godmother, Kandireega, Brother of Bommali, and Return to Rajapur. In addition to that, the actor has also appeared in various shows such as Swabhimaan, Dhadkan, Kabhie Kabhie, Yeh Public Hai Sab Jaanti Hai, Saat Phere: Saloni Ka Safar, Lapataganj: Sharad Joshi Ki Kahaniyon Ka Pata, Hum – Ek Chote Gaon Ki Badi Kahani, Chidiya Ghar, Lapataganj (Ek Bar Phir), Maha Kumbh, Jaana Na Dil Se Door, Maharani, Maharani 2, The Great Indian Murder, Nirmal Pathak Ki Ghar Wapsi, Ramkhelawan C.M. & Family, Hum Bhi Hain Tumhare, Ab Ayega Mazaa, and Garmi.
Patna, Bihar, India
Vineet Kumar studied at Patna Collegiate School located in Patna, Bihar. Then, he got enrolled at Bihar National College (a constituent unit of Patna University).
He also attended the National School of Drama (NSD), a theatre training institute under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India.
Actor, Theatre Artist
- Father – Saheb Lal Srivastav (District Transport Officer in Uttar Pradesh)
- Mother – Prabha Srivastav
- Siblings – Sunit Kumar (Older Brother) (Retired Indian Police Service (I.P.S.) officer of Bihar cadre in India, Chairman of Bihar Police Subordinate Services Commission (BPSSC), Director General of Police in the state of Bihar, Director of Bihar Police Academy, Chairman of the Bihar Central Selection Board of Constable (CSBC)), Ratna Ranjan (Sister)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Vineet Kumar has dated –
- Manoranjan Dhaliwal (1995-Present) – He got married to educator Manoranjan Dhaliwal in the year 1995.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Vineet Kumar Facts
- He appeared as Bhagta in the 1999 Hindi-language action thriller film Kachche Dhaage, starring Ajay Devgn, Saif Ali Khan, and Manisha Koirala.
- In 2002, Vineet Kumar played the role of Ramkhelawan C.M. in the Sab TV series Ramkhelawan C.M. & Family. This role got him nominated for an Indian Telly Award in the “Best Actor in a Comic Role (Male)” category in 2003.
- He has been cast as Kachua Prasad/Kachua Chacha in the Sab TV sitcom Lapataganj.
- Alongside Martin Sheen, Mischa Barton, Kal Penn, Rajpal Yadav, Tannishtha Chatterjee, Fagun Thakrar, and Lisa Dwan, Vineet Kumar co-starred as Choudhury in the 2014 English-language historical drama film Bhopal: A Prayer for Rain. The film is based on the Bhopal gas tragedy of 1984.
- He brought to life the character of Dom Raja in the 2015 Hindi-language independent drama film Masaan (also known as Fly Away Solo), starring Richa Chadda, Vicky Kaushal, Shweta Tripathi, and Sanjay Mishra.
- From 2016 to 2017, Vineet Kumar was cast in the recurring role of Kailash Kashyap (Indumati Devi’s son who is Uma’s husband and Vividha, Guddi, and Ankit’s father) in the Star Plus drama series Jaana Na Dil Se Door. For this performance, he won the Indian Television Academy Award for “Best Actor in a Negative Role” in 2016.
- He was seen as Mamaji (Amma’s brother) in the 2019 Hindi-language family drama film Ramprasad Ki Tehrvi.
- Along with Ajay Devgn, Tabu, Sanjay Mishra, Deepak Dobriyal, and Gajraj Rao, Vineet Kumar co-starred as Nithari (Ashu’s elder brother) in the 2023 Hindi-language action-adventure film Bholaa. The film serves as a remake of the 2019 Tamil film Kaithi.
Featured Image by Pratty / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0