Serena Jameka Williams
Saginaw, Michigan, U.S.
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, United States
She was homeschooled by her dad Richard.
When she was aged 9, she went to Rick Macci’s academy in West Palm Beach, Florida to sharpen her lawn tennis skills.
Professional tennis player, fashion designer
- Father – Richard Williams (Tennis Coach)
- Mother – Oracene Price (Tennis Coach)
- Siblings – Yetunde Price (Older Half-Sister) (Murdered in 2003), Lyndrea Price (Older Half-Sister), Isha Price (Older Half-Sister), Venus Williams (Older Sister) (Tennis Player)
Her career is managed by Jill Smoller of WME-IMG agency.
Serena is signed with Entertainment Booking Agency.
Right-handed (Two-handed backhand)
September 24, 1995
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
71 kg or 156½ pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Serena Williams dated –
- Keyshawn Johnson (2002-2003) – From 2002 to 2003, she was romantically linked with American football player, Keyshawn Johnson.
- Brett Ratner (2004-2006) – After splitting from Johnson, she started dating film director, Brett Ratner in 2004. The duo split in 2006.
- Common (2007-2010) – From 2007 to 2010, Serena and recording artist, Lonnie Rashid Lynn Jr. (better known as Common) were an item.
- Jackie Long (2007-2008) – Actor and musician Jackie Long dated beautiful Serena from April 2007 to January 2008.
- Hosea Chanchez (2008) – In 2008, for a month (from March 2008 to April 2008), Williams dated actor Hosea Chanchez.
- Amar’e Stoudemire (2010) – So, after a break, she publicly dated with basketball player, Amar’e Stoudemire from August 2010 to October 2010.
- Aubrey Graham (2011-Present) – Canadian rapper, Aubrey Graham and Serena are RUMORed to be dating each other since 2011.
- Grigor Dimitrov (2012) – Bulgarian professional tennis player, Grigor Dimitrov had fling with Serena in 2012. He is roughly 10 years her junior.
- Patrick Mouratoglou (2012-2015) – From June 2012 to August 2015, Serena dated her tennis coach, Patrick Mouratoglou, who is a French.
- Alexis Ohanian (2016-Present) – Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian and Serena announced their engagement on December 29, 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
- Muscular body
- Previously known for her unusual and colorful outfits on the tennis court
40-30-44 in or 102-76-112 cm
14 (US) or 44 (EU)
Serena Williams has appeared in lots of TV commercials –
- McDonalds (2002)
- Double-Mint Gum
- Cadbury’s Oreo (2009)
- Beats by Dre (2015)
She has also made appearances in print ads –
- Close-Up toothpaste (2003)
- Wilson Hyper Hammer 6.3 Tennis Racket (2000)
- Doublemint Chewing Gum (2003)
- Avon (2002)
- America’s Milk Processors’ got milk? (2005-2006)
- DayQuil & NyQuil Sinus by Vicks (2007)
- Tampax Pearl tampons (2009-2011)
- Wilson K Blade Racquet (2008)
- Sports Drink Gatorade (2010)
- O.P.I. Nail Polish (2011)
She has also endorsed Aston Martin, Pepsi, Berlei bras, Puma (in the early 2000s), Nike, Audemars Piguet, Delta Airlines, Chase Bank, Mission Athletecare and many others.
Best Known For
Staying at #1 (which she achieved in July 2002) in women’s singles tennis as per Women’s Tennis Association.
- Strong Forehand Shot
- Double-Handed Backhand
- Ace queen
First Grand Slam Singles Wins
Serena’s first win in the singles Grand Slams during the years –
- Australian Open – 2003
- French Open – 2002
- Wimbledon – 2002
- US Open – 1999
She portrayed the role as agent Ross in the 2004 comedy film Hair Show.
First TV Show
In 2001, she gave her voice to the animated sitcom The Simpsons during the episode entitled “Tennis the Menace.”
However, as an actress, her debut television appearance was in ABC’s black sitcom My Wife and Kids as Miss Wiggins in an episode entitled “Crouching Mother, Hidden Father” in 2002.
Serena doesn’t take cheat days because she just can’t. Her cheat days are actually cheat months. Her favorite food is Southern food. She never eats healthy, whenever she is in South Carolina.
But, she tries to eat mostly healthy stuff. She is also allergic to wheat. So, she does not eat such gluten containing foods.
She does a variety of workouts to stay fit and maintain the curvier body. She basically does running for 10 minutes, followed by certain dance steps. She has also tried yoga and other fitness activities.
After a workout session, she eats a Gatorade bar to gain energy (carbs) and protein.
Serena Williams Favorite Things
- Food – Fried Hush Puppies, her mother’s chicken with rice and gravy
- Band – Green Day, Air Supply, Bon Jovi
- Singers – Mariah Carey, Brandy
- Movie – The Sound of Music (1965)
- Drink – Gatorade
- City – Rome
- Animal – Dog, tiger
- Water Sport – Tubing
- Color – Purple
- Author – Maya Angelou
Source – Official Facebook Page, SI, Fitness Magazine, Bon Appetit, ESPN, BoomsBeat
Serena Williams Facts
- Serena has two dogs, named, Jackie and Laura.
- Serena commenced playing tennis at the age of 3.
- When she a kid, her family relocated to Compton, California. When she was 9, her family shifted to Florida.
- She hate avocados.
- She was estimated to be earning $14 million in 2007 as per Forbes.
- Serena along with her older sister Venus founded the The Venus and Serena Williams Tennis / Tutorial Academy.
- Apart from English, she can also speak French, Italian and Spanish.
- Along with her sister Venus, she is the part owner of the American football team, Miami Dolphins. She bought the stake in August 2009 and hence became the first African-American women to have a share of any NFL franchise.
- She has also launched her own clothing line (being a fashion designer herself) called “Aneres,” which is actually her name spelled backwards.
- Serena dreams about being on Broadway because she likes to dance, and sing.
- She started jealousing Carrie Underwood, when she got to know that Carrie was doing the film The Sound of Music.
- Other than tennis, she likes watching gymnastics.
- She is a huge Olympic pin collector.
- She feels lost while doing Zumba.
- Visit her official website @ serenawilliams.com.
- Catch Serena on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.