|Arthana Binu Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Arthana Binu is an Indian actor, television presenter, and model who is known for her work in Tamil, Malayalam, and Telugu films. Her film credits include Seethamma Andalu Ramayya Sitralu, Mudhugauv, Thondan, Semma, Kadaikutty Singam, Vennila Kabaddi Kuzhu 2, Shylock, Anveshippin Kandethum, and Vasco Da Gama.
Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India
Arthana Binu studied at Sarvodaya Vidyalaya, a school of the Major Archiepiscopal Eparchy of the Syro-Malankara Catholic Church located in Trivandrum.
After that, she got enrolled at Mar Ivanios College located in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala and graduated with a Bachelor of Journalism, Mass Communication and Video Production degree.
Actor, Television Presenter, Model
- Father – Vijayakumar (Actor)
- Mother – Binu Daniel
- Siblings – Meeghal Elsa (Sister)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
A mole under her lips
Arthana Binu Facts
- Her parents are divorced.
- When she was in 11th standard, she began anchoring in TV Channels in Malayalam.
- Arthana Binu started modeling during her college years.
- She made her first film appearance (as well as her Telugu debut) by playing the role of Seetha Mahalakshmi in the romantic comedy film Seethamma Andalu Ramayya Sitralu in 2016. Her co-stars for the project included Raj Tarun and Ranadheer.
- She made her Malayalam film debut by appearing as Ganga (Bharath’s love interest) in the caper-comedy film Mudhugauv in 2016. Arthana Binu co-starred in the film alongside Gokul Suresh, Vijay Babu, Soubin Shahir, Hareesh Perumanna, Baiju, Indrans, and Prem Kumar.
- Along with Samuthirakani, Vikranth, Sunaina, Gouri Nair, and Namo Narayana, Arthana Binu co-starred as Mahishasuramardini (Mahi) (Vishnu’s sister and Vicky’s love interest) in the Tamil-language vigilante drama film Thondan in 2017. This marked her Tamil film debut and India Today‘s review stated that “Thondan is Samuthirakani’s TED Talk in Tamil that runs for more than two hours”, adding that it is “an uninteresting social commentary”.
- She brought to life the character of Magizhini in the Tamil language comedy-drama film Semma in 2018. Her co-stars for the project included actors such as G. V. Prakash Kumar, Assisi Gibson, Yogi Babu, Mansoor Ali Khan, Sujatha Sivakumar, Kovai Sarala, and Gayatri Rema.
- In 2018, Arthana Binu was seen as “Aandal” Priyadarshini (Padmavathi’s Daughter) in the Tamil-language action drama film Kadaikutty Singam. She co-starred in the film along with Karthik Sivakumar, Sayyeshaa, Priya Bhavani Shankar, Sathyaraj, Soori, Viji Chandrasekhar, Bhanupriya, and Deepa Shankar. Ashameera Aiyappan of The Indian Express gave the film 2.5 stars out of 5 and wrote: “Kadaikutty Singam was also branded as the film that would ‘inspire’ youngsters to take up farming. In a growing trend, several films seem to bear the pressure of delivering a social message. And in the process, they tend to oversimplify social issues that are intricately layered. It is easy to call yourself a proud farmer when you earn lakhs from harvests and belong to a family that can feed 50 people daily. Kadaikutty Singam is about Guna Singam, who happens to be a farmer, and his extended family. And Pandiraj ensures that it is a family that we don’t get to see often.”
- Arthana Binu co-starred as Malar (a college girl from an upper-class family) in the 2019 Tamil-language sports action film Vennila Kabaddi Kuzhu 2, a sequel to Vennila Kabadi Kuzhu (2009).
- She was cast as Poonkuzhali Velmurugan in the 2020 Malayalam-language action thriller film Shylock, starring Mammootty, Rajkiran, Siddique, and Kalabhavan Shajon. The film received mixed reviews from the critics and Anjana George of The Times of India gave it 3 stars out of 5, stating “For the fans of ‘megastar Mammootty’, Shylock is a treat and for the followers of actor Mammootty, this is a complete ‘no’.”
Featured Image by Arthana Binu / Instagram