|Caleb McLaughlin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7.5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 13, 2001|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Caleb McLaughlin is an American actor, stage artist, and voice actor who is known for his role as Lucas Sinclair in the Netflix series Stranger Things. He has also worked as a theatre artist and was cast as Young Simba in the musical The Lion King. Moreover, he has appeared in a number of on-screen projects including Concrete Cowboy, High Flying Bird, The New Edition Story, Blue Bloods, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, What Would You Do?, and Shades of Blue.
Caleb Reginald McLaughlin
Carmel, New York, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Caleb McLaughlin went to the Kent Primary School. He later got enrolled at the George Fischer Middle School, however, he remained there for just one year.
For one year, he took dance classes at the Happy Feet Dance School in Carmel. He later got admission at The Harlem School of the Arts, where he studied under Aubrey Lynch, the former Lion King producer.
Actor, Stage Artist, Voice Actor
- Father – Corey McLaughlin Sr.
- Mother – April McLaughlin
- Siblings – Caitlyn McLaughlin (Sister), Corey McLaughlin Jr. (Older Brother), Crystal McLaughlin (Sister)
- Others – Margaret Noble (Paternal Grandmother), Thelma (Maternal Grandmother)
Caleb McLaughlin has been represented by –
- CESD Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Mario Pizzini from The MYC Group
5 ft 7.5 in or 171.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Caleb McLaughlin is of African-American and Jamaican descent.
- Small face
- Boyish charm
In July 2017, he was roped in to launch a brand new toy line, Awesome Little Green Men. The toy characters, named after military ranks, had more than 100 unique characters in the first series.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Young Simba in the Broadway production of the musical, The Lion King, at Minskoff Theatre in Midtown Manhattan in New York City from 2012 to 2014
- Having played the role of Lucas Sinclair in the Netflix sci-fi drama TV series, Stranger Things, in which he co-starred alongside the likes of Winona Ryder, David Harbour, Finn Wolfhard, Millie Bobby Brown, Charlie Heaton, and Dacre Montgomery. His salary per episode for this show was $250,000.
- Being cast in one of the supporting roles in the biographical three-part miniseries, The New Edition Story
First TV Show
In 2013, he made his first TV show appearance in a minor role in the Born Psychopath episode of the legal and crime drama series, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
Caleb keeps himself fit with regular teenage activities. He loves riding his cycle around. He also enjoys playing basketball when he has free time. Plus, he likes to fool and dance around when he has some time on his hands.
For physical exercise, he loves to do pushups.
Caleb McLaughlin Favorite Things
- Superhero – Black Panther and Spiderman
- 80’s Movie – Stand by Me (1986)
- Destiny Game Characters – Titan, Warlock, or Hunter
- Video Games – GTA V, NBA 2K, Destiny
Caleb McLaughlin Facts
- He had initially auditioned for the role of group member Michael Bivins in the TV series, The New Edition Story. However, that role went to Dante Hoagland.
- He managed to bag the role of Ricky Bell after having impressed director Chris Robinson and executive producer Jesse Collins by reading just a few lines depicting the Massachusetts-native.
- He has revealed in interviews that he is a germaphobe.
- After completing his 5th grade, he moved to New York City for better acting coaching and opportunities.
- He got his breakthrough after being cast in the acclaimed Broadway play, The Lion King.
- He was cast as Bokkie in the Off-Broadway production of The Painted Rocks at Revolver Creek at Pershing Square Signature Center in 2015.
- In September 2017, he attended an event that was organized to raise awareness of lupus and to raise funds for the research to find a better cure for the disease.
- For his noteworthy performance in Stranger Things, he won the 2018 NAACP Image Award for “Outstanding Performance by a Youth (Series, Special, Television Movie or Limited Series)”.
- He appeared in the music video for the song Santa’s Coming For Us by Sia in 2017.
- Alongside Idris Elba, Jharrel Jerome, Lorraine Toussaint, Byron Bowers, and Method Man, he co-starred as Cole in the 2020 Western drama film, Concrete Cowboy.
- He has done activism work on a small scale. He helped promote the UN’s Our School is #NOTATARGET campaign, which aimed to advocate protection of aid workers and civilians, including school going students.
- Caleb was honored by including in the 2021 Forbes’ 30 Under 30 list in the “Hollywood & Entertainment” category.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0