|Arjun Mathur Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||October 18, 1981|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Arjun Mathur is a British actor who has mainly worked in Bollywood films and Hindi-language shows. He is known for his roles like playing Karan Mehra in the Amazon Prime Video romantic drama series Made in Heaven, Naresh Banerjee in the Channel 4 drama series Indian Summers, Abhimanyu Gupta in the Hindi-language drama film Luck by Chance, Raj Burman in the drama film My Name Is Khan, and Brij Mohan in the Hindi-language action comedy film Brij Mohan Amar Rahe. Moreover, his filmography also includes projects like Angry Indian Goddesses, I Am, Kyun! Ho Gaya Na, Barah Aana, Positive, Ankur Arora Murder Case, The Gone Game, Migration, Jugaadistan, Mumbai Cutting, Waiting, My Friend Pinto, Bring On The Night, Fireflies, Coffee Bloom, The Accidental Prime Minister, Silence… Can You Hear It?, and Home Stories.
London, England, United Kingdom
Arjun Mathur studied at St. Columbas School in New Delhi, St. Mary’s School in Mumbai, and The British School in New Delhi. Afterward, he got enrolled at Oaklands College located in Hertfordshire, United Kingdom, and finished his A-Level schooling.
He then made a decision to not pursue a college degree and went on to train as an actor at Barry John’s Institute as well as the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York.
- Father – Rakesh Mathur (Hotelier)
- Mother – Reynoo Mathur (Died in a car accident when Arjun was just 13 years old)
- Siblings – Gautam Mathur (Older Brother) (Screenwriter), Sonia Mathur Kaul (Younger Sister)
Arjun Mathur has been signed with –
- United Agents Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- Matrix India Entertainment, Entertainment Agency, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Arjun Mathur has dated –
- Simrit Malhi (2010-2012) – He got married to Simrit Malhi in the year 2010 but the marriage ended in divorce in 2012.
- Tiya Tejpal – He has been romantically involved with production designer Tiya Tejpal.
Race / Ethnicity
Arjun Mathur is of Indian descent.
Arjun Mathur Facts
- He spent his childhood year growing up between New Delhi and Mumbai, India.
- Prior to his stint as an actor, Arjun Mathur worked as an assistant director on many big-budget Indian films like Bunty Aur Babli and Rang De Basanti.
- He made his theatrical film debut as Sumi in the 2004 Hindi-language romance film Kyun! Ho Gaya Na…, starring Aishwarya Rai and Vivek Oberoi in lead roles.
- Alongside Juhi Chawla, Manisha Koirala, Rahul Bose, Nandita Das, Pooja Gandhi, Sanjay Suri, Anurag Kashyap, Radhika Apte, and others, Arjun Mathur co-starred as Omar in the 2010 Hindi-language anthology film I Am. Directed by Onir, the film received mainly positive reviews from critics and The Times of India called it “an important and intelligent film”.
- He made a cameo appearance as Zain in the 2015 Hindi-language drama film Angry Indian Goddesses, starring Sandhya Mridul, Tannishtha Chatterjee, Sarah-Jane Dias, Rajshri Deshpande, and others.
- In 2019, Arjun Mathur started appearing as Karan Mehra in the romantic drama web series Made in Heaven and this role got him nominated for an International Emmy Award for “Best Actor” as well as an iReel Award for “Best Actor-Drama”.
- He portrayed the character of Rahul Gandhi in the 2019 Hindi-language film The Accidental Prime Minister, based on the 2014 memoir of the same name by Sanjaya Baru.
- Along with Manoj Bajpayee, Prachi Desai, and Barkha Singh, Arjun Mathur co-starred as MLA Ravi Khanna in the Hindi-language thriller film Silence… Can You Hear It? in 2021.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0