Darold D. Brown Ferguson, Jr.
A$AP Ferg, ASAP Ferg, Trap Lord, Hood Pope
Harlem, New York City, New York, United States
Harlem, New York City, New York, United States
A$AP Ferg went to the High School of Art and Design in Manhattan and graduated with a major in design, fashion, and fine arts.
Rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer
- Father – Darold Ferguson (Was the owner of Harlem based boutique and also printed logos and shirts for record labels. He passed away due to kidney failure.)
A$AP Ferg is managed by Geno Sims and Deon Douglas of Trap Lord Management, which he has established on his own.
He is also represented by Peter Schwartz and James Rubin of William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
A$AP Worldwide, Polo Grounds, RCA Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
A$AP Ferg rarely speaks about his personal life in detail while interacting with the media, which makes it difficult to dig information about his dating history and status.
In his 2016 interview with BET, he revealed that he had decided to sacrifice his relationship with an unidentified woman over working on his album, Always Strive and Prosper. Then, in his interview with W Magazine, he claimed that his friends and girlfriend had pushed him to launch his denim collection, after which he collaborated with AGOLDE to create his exclusive range of denimwear.
Race / Ethnicity
Though, he has been seen with red dyed hair.
- Platinum plated teeth
- Loves wearing glitzy jewelry
In 2017, he collaborated with the popular whiskey brand Hennessy for the promotional campaign that also promoted his new track, Family.
As part of the promotional campaign, The Hennessy Uptown cocktail kit was launched, which along with having necessary ingredients for the cocktail also had limited-edition vinyl of Ferg’s new track Family and a pressed record featuring cover art painted by the rapper himself.
Best Known For
Being a member of the hip hop collective ASAP Mob. The collective is best known for the popularity of their studio album, Cozy Tapes Vol. 2: Too Cozy, which managed to peak at the third spot on the US Rap album charts.
The commercial success of his solo studio album, Always Strive and Prosper, which made its debut on the Billboard 200 on the 8th position. Also, in the first week itself, the album sold 35,000 copies.
His first studio album with ASAP Mob was Cozy Tapes Vol. 1: Friends, which was released in October 2016 and peaked at the 4th spot on the US Rap charts.
In August 2013, he released his debut studio album, Trap Lord, which had its stay on Billboard 200 chart at the 9th spot.
First TV Show
In 2014, A$AP Ferg made his first TV show appearance in the music TV series, Live from the Streets.
A$AP Ferg Favorite Things
- Music Album – The Notorious B.I.G. Ready to Die the Remaster
- Beauty Product – Kiehl’s Ultimate Strength Hand Salve
- Snack – Terrasoul Superfoods Organic Whole Cashews
- Fragrance – Givenchy Gentlemen Only Casual Chic
- Grooming Product – Diane 100 Percent Medium Boar Club Brush
- Documentary – Dark Days (2000) directed by Marc Singer
- Book – The Tao of Wu by the RZA
Source – NYMag
A$AP Ferg Facts
- He has collaborated with sportswear giant Adidas to launch his Trap Lord collection. Towards the end of 2017, he had dropped his second collection in the market.
- Although he had interest in music from a very young age, he dabbled in fashion before he started seriously following a career in music industry.
- At a very young age, he had launched his jewelry and clothing lines.
- In 2005, he launched his clothing label Devoni Clothing. He also designed and sold high-end belts that were worn by established hip hop artists such as Diggy Simmons, Swizz Beatz, and Chris Brown.
- Early in his career, he was pushed to do as much rapping as possible by A$AP Rocky, who had remained his good friend since he was in high school.
- Later, he and Rocky decided to become part of the collective A$AP Mob and it was due to their association with the group that they decided to add A$AP prefix to their respective stage names.
- He has a very interesting and rough bringing. At one time, he would be dodging bullets on the basketball court and after that, he would be in attendance at a fashion show.
- The success of his debut studio album helped him win Rookie of the Year award at the BET Hip Hop Awards in 2013.
- He has been organizing Ferg’s Health Fair (named after his deceased father) in his neighborhood. At the fair, the kids get free medical check-ups and are assisted with their health insurance, after which they can attend free music show.
- In his free time, he loves to paint and draw. In fact, he sometimes loves to spice up his jeans with a splash of paint.
- Early in his youth, he also worked at the popular ice cream chain, Ben & Jerry’s to earn some extra money.
- He has collaborated with the online retailer Citizens For All Humanity to create his exclusive AGOLDE denim capsule collection. The denim design was inspired by the video of his single, Work.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Soundcloud.
Featured Image by The Come Up Show / Flickr / CC BY 2.0