|Freja Beha Erichsen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||October 18, 1987|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Freja Beha Erichsen is a Dutch model who is best known for being one of the muses of the late Karl Lagerfeld and her androgynous look. She has done modeling work for a variety of brands and designers such as Dolce & Gabbana, Miu Miu, Tom Ford, Gucci, Versace, Chanel, Burberry, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Anna Sui, DKNY, Michael Kors, Oscar de la Renta, Dior, Kenzo, Diane von Furstenberg, Loewe, Céline, Zac Posen, Fendi, Vera Wang, Balenciaga, Stella McCartney, Prada, and many more. She has been featured on the cover of several magazines such as Vogue, Interview, W, Harper’s Bazaar, V, Numéro, and i-D.
Freja Beha Erichsen (pronounced as fry-ah beh-har eric-sen)
Beha, Freja Erichsen
Roskilde, Sjaelland, Denmark
Erichsen attended Frederiksberg Gymnasium high school.
Fashion/ Runway Model
- Mother – Lise Beha Erichsen (Lawyer)
- Siblings – Aslak Erichsen (Older Brother)
She is signed to these modeling agencies –
- Dominique Models – Brussels
- Unique Models – Denmark
- Louisa Models – Munich
- IMG Models – New York
- IMG Models – Paris
- IMG Models – London
- IMG Models – Milan
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
50 kg or 110 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
She had dated mostly female models –
- Catherine McNeil – Australian model, Catherine had dated Freja in the past.
- Irina Lazareanu – This one is the Canadian model and Freja’s best friend. They had done dating in the past.
- Arizona Muse – Muse, an American model dated in 2011 for a couple of months.
- Anna Calvi – Erichsen was rumored to be dating together with English musician, Anna.
Race / Ethnicity
The things which make her distinct –
- Unusual catwalk
- Youthful androgynous looks
- Tattoos. She has various tattoos including on her neck saying ‘float’, a small star under her left armpit, one on her right inner arm saying ‘this too shall pass’ and one around her right wrist.
32.5-25-34 in or 82.5-63.5-86.5 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU) or 5.5 (UK)
In her career, she has walked the ramp for various brands and designers such as Azul by Moussy, Balenciaga, Balmain, Calvin Klein, Chanel, Chloé, Emporio Armani, GAP, Georg Jensen, Gianfranco Ferré, Gucci, H&M, Harry Winston, Hermès, Hugo Boss, Isabel Marant, J.Brand, Jaeger, JB. a few, Jil Sander, Joop!, Karl Lagerfeld, Louis Vuitton, Mads Norgaard, Max Mara, MO&Co. de Paris, Moncler Gamme Rouge, Moiselle, Noir, O’2nd, Only, Pollini, Pringle of Scotland, Printemps, Roberto Cavalli, Santa Lolla, Tom Ford eyewear, TSE, Valentino, Whyred, Zara.
Best Known For
Modeling and walking the ramp for several advertising campaigns
First Fashion Show
But, her debut fashion show appearance was in Ready to wear – Autumn/ Winter 2005 where she cat-walked for Ann Demeulemeester, Barbara Bui, Cacharel, Celine, Chanel, Christian Dior, Costume National, Hermès, Kenzo, Louis Vuitton, Miu Miu, Nina Ricci, Prada, Rochas, Sophia Kokosalaki, Yves Saint Laurent.
She does not work out a lot. Not a fan of Pilates or other forms of exercises. Erichsen does some stretching exercises to maintain her figure at home. She talked about her exercise regimen in an interview with Elle UK –
“I’m not into any particular style but friends have taught me some yoga poses that I do to chill out after a long flight.”
She likes to have organic food, takes calcium supplements and vitamin D. On her diet –
“I love a good steak – and you can’t beat the Eggs Benedict and coffee in NY model hangouts, Café Gitane and Blue Bottle.”
She also likes to have chocolates. She just can’t ignore them. Read her full workout routine, diet plan, and beauty secrets.
Freja Beha Erichsen Favorite Things
- Food – Mother’s food
- Places – Copenhagen, Sydney
- Color – Black
- Book – A Pixi Book (By Rasmus Klump)
- Accessory – Saddle Bag Tote
- Bands – Kira and the Kindred Spirits, Radiohead, Metallica, P.J. Harvey, Janis Joplin, Led Zepplin, Rolling Stones
Freja Beha Erichsen Facts
- She had appeared in the 2011 Pirelli calendar.
- She has no mother agency.
- There are some products, which are named after her like the Jill Stuart Freja handbag, the Chloe Freja clutch, the Alexander Wang Freja Lace-Up Stiletto Boot.
- She is among the top 30 models of the 2000s according to Vogue Paris.
- Erichsen was discovered by a modeling agent who was passing by the streets of her native country, Denmark.
- In the past, she was ranked at the 2nd spot in models.com‘s “Top 50 Models Women” list.
- She debuted at the fall Paris and Milan shows in 2005.
- Freja is good friends with models Abbey Lee Kershaw, Agyness Deyn, Arizona Muse, Coco Rocha, Irina Lazareanu (best friend), Lily Donaldson, Karmen Pedaru, and Raquel Zimmerman.
- She likes to listen to music.
- She lives in New York City, USA.
- She is a lesbian.
- Terry Richardson, the photographer, can be seen clicking most of her pics.
- She has a great love for animals. But, could not afford due to her always traveling schedule.