|Mandy Moore Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¾ in|
|Date of Birth||April 10, 1984|
Mandy Moore is an American singer, songwriter, actress, producer, model, fashion designer, and voice actress who has gained critical acclaim with her discography that includes albums and tracks like I Wanna Be with You, So Real, Wild Hope, In My Pocket, Candy, Crush, When I Wasn’t Watching, and I Could Break Your Heart Any Day of the Week. The multi-faceted artist has also established herself as an actress by having been cast in films and shows such as Tangled, This Is Us, Ralph Breaks the Internet, Swinging with the Finkels, The Darkest Minds, High School USA!, I’m Not Here, The Princess Diaries, A Walk to Remember, Because I Said So, Sheriff Callie’s Wild West, Tron: Uprising, Entourage, Grey’s Anatomy, Sofia the First, and How I Met Your Mother.
Amanda Leigh Moore
Nashua, New Hampshire, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Moore went to Park Maitland School in Maitland, Florida. Post that, she took admission at The Maile School in Winter Park, Florida.
Mandy, then, attended Lake Brantley High School in Florida.
She, finally, went to Bishop Moore Catholic High School in Orlando but left it during her freshman year to focus on her debut album. However, she resorted to homeschooling and getting an education from private tutors.
Actress, Singer, Songwriter, Model, Fashion Designer, Producer, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Donald “Don” Moore (Pilot for American Airlines)
- Mother – Stacy (née Friedman) (Former news reporter)
- Siblings – Scott Moore (Older Brother), Kyle Moore (Younger Brother)
- Others – Benjamin B. Moore, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), Mildred Karen Croley (Paternal Grandmother), Julian Leonard Friedman (Maternal Grandfather), Eileen Mary Hardy (Maternal Grandmother)
She has been signed with –
- Untitled Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Pop, Dance, Pop-rock, Dance-pop, Folk-pop, Folk-rock, Country
Epic/550 Records, Storefront Recordings, EMI/The Firm, Inc., Sony, Sire, Warner, Verve Forecast, Red
5 ft 9¾ in or 177 cm
61 kg or 135 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mandy Moore has dated –
- Wilmer Valderrama (2000-2002) – Mandy and actor Wilmer Valderrama met during a photo shoot in 2000 and they quickly started dating in February 2000. The duo dated for two years before calling it quits in early 2002. She is nearly two inches taller than him.
- Brian McFayden (2001) – They dated briefly in 2001 after co-hosting the 2001 “Miss Teen USA” broadcast together. Nearing that, they also co-hosted numerous MTV events together including New Year’s Eve 2002.
- Billy Crawford (2002) – Filipino TV host, actor and singer, Billy Crawford dated Mandy briefly in early 2002. She was 15 and Billy was 17 at that time. Their relationship lasted for a few weeks.
- Andy Roddick (2002-2004) – From September 2002 to March 2004, American tennis player, Andy Roddick and Mandy were an item. She invited him to the set of her movie “How to Deal” and after that day, the duo started dating each other. Apart from his handsome looks, his height (6 ft 2 in) was an additional factor that she turned to him for dating.
- Zach Braff (2004-2006) – From September 2004 to February 2006, the actors Zach Braff and Mandy Moore were romantically linked to each other. They met while attending an event held by the Creative Artists Agency and this is when they started dating each other.
- Adam Goldstein (2007) – Disc Jockey Adam Goldstein and Mandy Moore met during New Year’s Eve in Miami and dated for a short time from January 2007 to March 2007.
- Greg Laswell (2007) – Mandy, then dated San Diego-based producer and musician Greg Laswell from March 2007 to May 2007 after meeting via mutual musician friends.
- Ryan Adams (2008-2016) – In March 2008, Mandy started dating singer Ryan Adams. But, after dating for a couple of months, they called it quits in July 2008. After five months of separation, the couple reconciled in December 2008. Soon after that in February 2009, they got engaged. A month later, on March 10, 2009, the couple married in Savannah, Georgia. They had broken up by August 2014. Mandy filed for divorce in January 2015 which was finalized in June 2016.
- James Roday (2014-2015) – It was RUMORed that she was romantically involved with actor James Roday between 2014 and 2015.
- Taylor Goldsmith (2015-Present) – The band Dawes frontman Taylor Goldsmith and Mandy commenced dating in July 2015. After two years of dating, in September 2017, the couple got engaged. On November 18, 2018, they got married in Los Angeles. In September 2020, she revealed that she was expecting her first child with Taylor.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Irish and Cherokee ancestry on her father’s side while she is of half-English and half-Jewish descent on her mother’s side.
She has dyed her hair to different shades of ‘Brown’ for her public appearances.
36-26-36 in or 91.5-66-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
10 (US) or 7.5 (UK) or 40.5 (EU)
She has endorsed several brands like Garnier, Proactiv, Neutrogena, Penshoppe (she is an image model), Sony Portable Music products, Got milk?, Campbell’s Soups, and others.
She was raised Catholic but has since developed a “hodgepodge of things” that she believes.
Best Known For
- Giving hit singles like “Candy”, “I Wanna Be with You”, “In My Pocket”, and others
- She is also known for her acting roles in the movies A Walk to Remember (2002), Saved! (2004) and others.
- Mandy also lent her voice to the role of Rapunzel in the animated film Tangled (2010).
On December 7, 1999, Mandy released her debut album So Real under the label 550 Music. The album was certified as Platinum with approximate sales of 1,000,000 copies. It charted at #31 in the U.S.
In 2000, she debuted with the film Magic Al and the Mind Factory for her role as Brittany Foster.
First TV Show
In 2000, Mandy appeared in the third episode of season 1 of TV series 2GE+HER: The Series as herself in the episode titled “Bunny”.
She takes help from personal trainer Ashley Borden (Nike Elite Athlete). Ashley has helped Mandy to understand and sculpt her body.
Moore also rewards herself by allowing herself to eat her favorite cookie every now and then.
There’s a workout tip from her. Instead of counting your repetition from 1 to 15, make yourself count backward (from 15 to 1). This will help an individual to remain stuck to his/her exercise for long.
Mandy Moore Favorite Things
- Films – Annie Hall (1977), Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
- Beauty Products – L’Oréal Magic Nude Liquid Powder, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Sunscreen, Kevyn Aucoin Foundation Brush, Clé de Peau concealer, RMS Living Luminizer (to put on cheekbones), Armani Eyes to Kill mascara, Japonesque Go Curler (an eyelash curler), Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde (pencil), Maybelline Baby Lips, Bioderma Créaline (solution to remove makeup)
- Perfume – Byredo – 1996, Gypsy Water, Accord Oud, Bal D’Afrique (for summers), Rodin Olio Lusso Perfume
Source – IMDb, IntoTheGloss.com
Mandy Moore Facts
- Due to her dad’s job as a pilot in American Airlines, she relocated to Orlando, Florida (from Nashua, New Hampshire) with her family, when she was 2 months old.
- She is the middle child.
- Moore has been influenced by various singers and artists such as Alanis Morissette, Blondie, Carole King, Debbie Gibson, Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey, Madonna, Shania Twain, Tiffany, and Joni Mitchell.
- After her breakup with then-boyfriend Zach Braff, Mandy also struggled with depression in 2007.
- She has given her voice to various games such as Kingdom Hearts (2002), Disney Infinity (2013), and Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix (2013).
- Moore launched her own fashion line called Mblem. (to provide clothing for taller women like 5 ft 10 in or more) in 2005. It was closed in early 2009.
- She is good friends with singers Josh Groban and Kellan Rhude.
- Her high school GPA was 3.8.
- She loves cats and has three at home named, Milo, Zoe, and Cloe.
- She desires to become a news reporter someday.
- In 2019, she hiked to the Everest base camps in the company of some friends and other hikers.
- For her work in the drama series, This Is Us, she was given ‘The Drama TV Star of 2020’ award during the 2020 E! People’s Choice Awards.