|Rahul Dholakia Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Hair Color||Salt and Pepper|
Rahul Dholakia is an Indian film director, producer, and screenwriter who has worked on projects such as Parzania, Kehtaa Hai Dil Baar Baar, Mumbai Cutting, Lamhaa: The Untold Story of Kashmir, Raees, Lakhon Mein Ek, and Society Kaam Se Gayi.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Rahul Dholakia studied at Campion School, a private Catholic primary and secondary school for boys located at 13 Cooperage Road, Mumbai. He also attended Jamnabai Narsee School situated in Juhu, Mumbai.
After that, he got enrolled at St. Xavier’s College in Mumbai and graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree. He shifted to New York City in 1990 and attended the New York Institute of Technology, completing a master’s degree in filmmaking.
Film Director, Producer, Screenwriter
- Father – Parry Dholakia (Advertising Professional)
- Mother – Raksha Dholakia
- Siblings – Moha Dholakia (Older Sister)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Often wears glasses
Rahul Dholakia Facts
- He began working in his father’s advertising agency Mora Ava when he was in college.
- Along with producer Babla Sen, Rahul Dholakia worked on a project for Channel 4, London, as a production assistant.
- He was employed as an assistant with Everest Advertising in Mumbai and eventually became a producer.
- In 2002, he directed the Hindi-language romantic drama film Kehtaa Hai Dil Baar Baar. It stars Jimmy Sheirgill, Kim Sharma, and Paresh Rawal.
- He co-wrote and directed the 2007 drama film Parzania, starring Naseeruddin Shah, Sarika, Corin Nemec, Raj Zutshi, and Parzan Dastur. For this film, Rahul Dholakia won the National Film Award for “Best Director” and the “Ramnath Goenka Memorial Award” at the Screen Awards in 2008. The film also got nominated for Filmfare Awards in the “Best Story” and “Best Screenplay” categories.
- Rahul Dholakia wrote and directed the 2010 Hindi-language action thriller film Lamhaa: The Untold Story of Kashmir. The film’s lead cast included Sanjay Dutt, Bipasha Basu, Anupam Kher, and Kunal Kapoor.
- He co-wrote and directed the 2017 Hindi-language action film Raees, starring Shah Rukh Khan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, and Mahira Khan. Reportedly based on the life of criminal Abdul Latif (although the filmmakers have denied the claim), the film became the 6th highest-grossing Hindi film of 2017 and the 47th highest-grossing Indian film of all time.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0 DEED