|Sean Berdy Quick Info
|5 ft 10 in
|Date of Birth
|June 3, 1993
Sean Berdy is an American actor, producer, director, and writer who is known for playing Emmett Bledsoe in the teen family drama series Switched at Birth and Sam Eliot in the mystery teen drama series The Society. Sean has also been cast in other projects like The Sandlot 2, Drunk History, The Legend of the Mountain Man, The Deaf Family, and The Bondage. In 2010, he was crowned Mr. Deaf Teen America.
Sean Lance Berdy
Boca Raton, Plam Beach County, Florida, United States
As he was occupied with his acting pursuits, Sean Berdy completed high school remotely.
Actor, Producer, Director, Writer
- Father – Scott Berdy
- Mother – Terrie Berdy
- Siblings – Tyler Berdy (Younger Brother)
Sean Berdy has been represented by A3 Artists Agency, Talent and Literary Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sean Berdy has dated –
- Vanessa Marano – It is RUMORed that he has been romantically involved with Vanessa Marano, his Switched at Birth co-star.
Race / Ethnicity
Sparkling blue eyes
Sean Berdy Facts
- He was born deaf and his parents and brother are also deaf.
- His first language is American Sign Language (ASL) and he also speaks English.
- Growing up, Sean Berdy was interested in magic and his passion for magic made him win the young magicians’ top award at the World Magicians Festival in Saint Petersburg.
- At the age of 11, he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder.
- In 2005, Sean made his first film appearance as Sammy “Fingers” Samuelson in the direct-to-video sports comedy film The Sandlot 2. It is a direct-to-DVD sequel to the 1993 film The Sandlot.
- He played Young Trey in the 2006 drama film Bondage.
- From 2011 to 2017, Sean Berdy brought to life the character of Emmett Bledsoe (Daphne’s best friend who is also deaf) in the ABC Family teen/family drama series Switched at Birth. ABC Family described the show as “the first mainstream television series to have multiple deaf and hard-of-hearing series regulars and scenes shot entirely in American Sign Language (ASL)”.
- Sean’s Switched at Birth co-stars include Lucas Grabeel, Katie Leclerc, Vanessa Marano, Constance Marie, D. W. Moffett, Lea Thompson, and Gilles Marini.
- For his performance in Switched at Birth, he was nominated for a Teen Choice Award in the “Choice Breakout Star” category in 2011.
- He portrayed the character of Frank Bowe (a deaf American disability studies academic who was a disability rights activist, author, and teacher and accomplished a series of firsts for individuals with disabilities) in an episode of the education comedy series Drunk History in 2018.
- In 2019, Sean started appearing as Sam Eliot (Allie and Cassandra’s cousin) in the mystery teen drama television series The Society. He co-starred in the show alongside Kathryn Newton, Gideon Adlon, Natasha Liu Bordizzo, Olivia DeJonge, Alex Fitzalan, Kristine Froseth, Toby Wallace, Rachel Keller, and others.
- Sean Berdy has credited Jim Carrey as his acting idol and it has been his dream to one day star in a motion picture comedy opposite Carrey.
- He has produced an ASL version of Enrique Iglesias‘ Hero.
Featured Image by Seanberdy / Wikimedia / Public Domain